General Bombers Talk The NEC Hangar

Remove this Banner Ad

No we didn't, lol.

Let me clarify. You heard the confirmation first here, not the idea.

Someone be as kind as to show where at the actual airport we'd be setting up?

This is the final detail to be determined. Have you seen the amount of land to work with?

The land is over 100 times larger (750 acres) than the area of Windy Hill, is only 3km's away, still in Essendon (border of).

When David Evans stated "Windy Hill is still an option but the thing I can tell you this morning is that the other options available for us are getting more and more exciting as each day goes past". He was then asked if Essendon airport is one of the options to which his replay was - "absolutely Rob it is".

Now I would not form such a strong opinion on just the words above but I know for a fact that the local council have been very generous with their offer of a suitable parcel of land for the development at Essendon Airport and even the Essendon FC were taken aback at the generosity. I believe the "... more exciting as each day goes past" is a direct reference to the Essendon Airport option.

Now I don't disclose such information to gain any gratitude, I am just sharing what I have been advised and I can assure you the info is spot on the money. The only other option at this stage is to remain at Windy Hill.

Bewdy, our own airport!

Anyone have any idea what will happen with the current site? Is the club selling the whole farm? Having never been to Windy Hill I would be very sad to never be able to visit the club as it is.

Let me clarify. You heard the confirmation first here, not the idea.

This is the final detail to be determined. Have you seen the amount of land to work with?

The land is over 100 times larger (750 acres) than the area of Windy Hill, is only 3km's away, still in Essendon (border of).

When David Evans stated "Windy Hill is still an option but the thing I can tell you this morning is that the other options available for us are getting more and more exciting as each day goes past". He was then asked if Essendon airport is one of the options to which his replay was - "absolutely Rob it is".

Now I would not form such a strong opinion on just the words above but I know for a fact that the local council have been very generous with their offer of a suitable parcel of land for the development at Essendon Airport and even the Essendon FC were taken aback at the generosity. I believe the "... more exciting as each day goes past" is a direct reference to the Essendon Airport option.

Now I don't disclose such information to gain any gratitude, I am just sharing what I have been advised and I can assure you the info is spot on the money. The only other option at this stage is to remain at Windy Hill.

Thanks!

Someone be as kind as to show where at the actual airport we'd be setting up?

9ullip.png

Because we can.

We could fit 2 of the the entire WH precinct into the space in the northern part of the airport.
Here is a crude cut/paste of the airport with the WH precinct superimposed...
hopefully it can be seen..
t6z5v9.jpg

These pictures are way off scale... can someone add a picture with both the Essendon Airport and Windy Hill on the same image? They are only 3kn away.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ESSENDON chairman David Evans and his family have committed a significant financial contribution to the club, which has helped kickstart the drive to raise the cash for the club's new home at Tullamarine.

The quiet behind-the-scenes fund-raising of ''high net worth individuals'' by the club is already close to securing the hoped $5 million towards the $30 million cost of the new development.

Essendon has budgeted for $15 million or half of the cost of the project, to be raised by the club - $45 million from the wealthy individuals, $5 million from coteries and members and the residual $5 million in debt.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...ns-new-home-20110726-1hym3.html#ixzz1TH1rSwQY

David Evans is a legend.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back