TV The Netflix Thread

jackn

Club Legend
AFL Club
Carlton
Been watching black summer. It has pretty poor reviews but I've enjoyed it up to episode 5. Better than season 2 on of the walking dead but a fair way short of 1. I've found it tense enough and the zombies are actually a threat mostly. Episode 4 was terrible but the rest decent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Summer Nights

Very stable genius
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Celtics, Red Sox, Oilers
Been watching black summer. It has pretty poor reviews but I've enjoyed it up to episode 5. Better than season 2 on of the walking dead but a fair way short of 1. I've found it tense enough and the zombies are actually a threat mostly. Episode 4 was terrible but the rest decent.
Same here. It does some things poorly but other things more realistically in the way of how humans would behave in a total disaster situation. I like the long sequences with sparse dialogue - very suspenseful 👍🏻

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Dice Man

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton FC
Binged Huge in France in the last 2 days. It stars Gad Elmaleh, who is often refereed to as the Seinfeld of France. It's quite funny in an observational humour kind of way. He goes to LA to be closer to his teenage model son who channels Zoolander and spoilt brat. The humour is somewhere between subtle and taking the piss. I enjoyed it very much, but maybe at 8 episodes it was 1 or 2 too long.

Would recommend.

PoopingHindi

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur FC
i binged season 3 of Santa Clarita Diet in a couple of days...its still funny. Timothy Olyphant cracks me up.

i enjoyed season 1 of The OA so i'll get round to s2 eventually but i've got a new season of Bosch to get through first. at least i have something to look forward to.

Gasometer

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Been getting around Bates Motel after a few recommended on this board. Very watchable. Well cast. Digging it.
I reckon binging this would be best

It was a slow grind watching week to week when it was on

Loved it though; so underrated

The final season/finale is excellent

Highly recommended

Sketi

Club Legend
AFL Club
Sydney
I reckon binging this would be best

It was a slow grind watching week to week when it was on

Loved it though; so underrated

The final season/finale is excellent

Highly recommended
That would be tough haha so many cliffhangers at the ends of episodes. Good for a binge for sure, chewed up the first 2 seasons pretty quickly.

Top Bottom