TV The Netflix Thread

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kirby

This man is confused
Oct 10, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
I liked that wink to Australia in Ep 2(or was it 3). It also made me think the writers were unaware of it in Season 1 and feedback exposed them to it.
The writer is from South Australia and he came up with the name, so it was no fluke. In fact, he said he named him that on purpose.

Link:

Mr X

Club Legend
Jun 26, 2003
Round here
AFL Club
Geelong
Somehow started watching The 100. First impressions were it was bad, but a hope of a Lost style show.

Its :poo:. I am ashamed I stuck with it for a season before conceding. I think I saw there are 5 or 6 seasons all up. That is stunning.

akkaps

Hall of Famer
Mar 20, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Somehow started watching The 100. First impressions were it was bad, but a hope of a Lost style show.

Its :poo:. I am ashamed I stuck with it for a season before conceding. I think I saw there are 5 or 6 seasons all up. That is stunning.
I like the genre of "survival of the fittest" and "new society" so I continue to sit through it. I was hesitant to watch because it airs on The CW, whose demographic is teen/YA, and females; something I am not.

The story has got to the point where it's very repetitive (end of season, everything good, new season is a new life threatening situation), similar to what The Walking Dead has become. The first season was the grounders, then the mountain men, then ALIE, then the primafara, then the prison.

It's strong on it's female lead protagonists, Clarke and Octavia probably have the two biggest growth arc in the story, probably a decision from the book author to be more diverse, but with the use of Bell does try to balance that out a bit. We've seen the first lead female die this season (S6), compared to seven male leads die prior to that. So maybe the male audience will struggle to relate to this. I got nothing against female protagonists, but I feel as though it's tipped the scale to far, instead of trying to balance it.

The show needed to die after two or three seasons. Lots of shows these days have a limited premise and this genre does, but production companies and tv networks just want to milk as much of it as possible.

As for the "Lost style show", The 100 has some good lore to it. Another thing that appeals to me, and I liked the way it contented the lore correct days events (you'll see this in regards to the nightbloods and ALIE). The grounders have created their own new religion and culture and continue to live by this, and the conflict that is created when the sky people try bring current practices into it is interesting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Top Bottom