Streaming The Netflix Thread

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

Watched the whole series of the Last Dance today. Boy that was so good. Dare anyone to say LeBron is better then MJ after watching that. Guy was unbelievable. How he managed to still play after getting food poisoning in Utah was legend like.
My 19 year old had the balls to say to me...Kobe did everything that MJ did..but did it better. I would still have him in the naughty corner except he is way too old for that.

Check out game six of the 1988 final series Pistons vs Lakers..where bad boy Isiah Thomas (who was interviewed a fair bit in the last dance) wrecked his ankle and scored 25 points in the 3rd quarter on one foot. Man he was a prick but had game.

Last edited:
Space Force
Didnt even complete Ep 1
Awful

I saw the trailer a few weeks back. It went for 3:30 and had approximately 20-30 gags in it. I giggled lightly once.

Why do they keep trying with space comedies? Everyone just go watch 'Spaceballs' again.

Having said all that, I presume this series will live or die by how one views Carrell.

I saw the trailer a few weeks back. It went for 3:30 and had approximately 20-30 gags in it. I giggled lightly once.

Why do they keep trying with space comedies? Everyone just go watch 'Spaceballs' again.

Having said all that, I presume this series will live or die by how one views Carrell.
Galaxy Quest or bust.

Space Force
Didnt even complete Ep 1
Awful

Watched two episodes and it's absolutely horrendous. Surprised so many good actors signed up for it.

Watched two episodes and it's absolutely horrendous. Surprised so many good actors signed up for it.
I watched the first ep, it wasn't funny at all. Not even in a black comedy kind of way. Waste of a good concept.

If you want a space show with some decent comedy moments in it, go watch The Orville.

Archer is more of the same but can deal with that.

On a similar note, I like how in S1 of Schitt's Creek we saw progression, then in the season finale and S2 premiere they are all back to where they started and seemed to have learnt nothing. Classic.

Interesting. I've really been enjoying it. What in particular turned you off?

Ive enjoyed that it hasnt taken itself super seriously yet its also been goofy here and there. And the characters are amazing, the banter between Steve and his right hand man is perfect.

Interesting. I've really been enjoying it. What in particular turned you off?

I just found it unfunny, maybe it's just not my kind of humour but then I liked The Office and given how much it pushed that link I thought I would. I pushed on to episode 4 in the end as my partner wanted to watch and didn't get any better for me. Basically to me it has a stupid plot which is obviously meant to be humorous but when it doesn't hit it's just meh. Also why do shows insist on having the annoying kid? Sadly it has the potential to be good as the visuals were great.

Currently been struggling for things to watch and get into after the Last Dance finished along with every WW2 doco i have seen and HELLO Black Mirror again!

2nd time around and it is still sensational.

Gee i would love another brand new season and get on it Charlie Brooker please.

The Epstein mini series in Netflix. It’s uncomfortable. What a piece of s**t he really was. Unbelievable how protected the guy was for so long.
Watching it now, upto the 4th episode. How terrible it is to watch it, just the corruption that goes on and no chance he is the only one or one of a few. It would be going on everywhere sickening.

The people who can be bought and they don't have to answer to it, even now. Disgusting.

It's even more glaring with what's gone on the last few days/week in America. Just corruption wherever you look.

The trump relationship is striking, Clinton etc. So many rich people would be doing this all over the world and getting away with it.

I hate that so many of those who helped him, his girlfriend in particular don't have to answer for anything (from what I've seen so far)

I do find the girls frustrating as well. I know he cherry picked a lot of them due to their upbringing and poverty and they were young etc but ffs when you get offered $200 for a massage and they tell you to take your clothes off, you walk away. And you don't go and get other girls. And you definelty don't let your sister go overseas with them after you have been raped numerous times and expect they won't do the same thing to your sister.

I don't blame the girls at all for what happened to themselves but they should feel bad for recruiting other young girls. I'm not saying they are the worst of it but they do have a responsibility in this.

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Currently been struggling for things to watch and get into after the Last Dance finished along with every WW2 doco i have seen and HELLO Black Mirror again!

2nd time around and it is still sensational.

Gee i would love another brand new season and get on it Charlie Brooker please.
Yeah, I think Disney taking all their content back has really hurt Netflix at the moment. I've been watching more Prime stuff lately.

Yeah, I think Disney taking all their content back has really hurt Netflix at the moment. I've been watching more Prime stuff lately.
I am really struggling currently for things to binge and most of the popular stuff i have seen including every WW2 doco / Narcos type stuff and what not. I am really into true stories and events and even searching the Documentaries available i am yet to see anything really new sadly. Real Detective i loved but that has no new content and i have binged over 200 episodes of Forensic files as well!!

Netflix is really got me guessing most nights regarding what to watch and i would love some Left field suggestions and movies that are the hidden gems so to speak just waiting to be watched.

I watched " Circle " last night and while it was ok with people being killed by Aliens in a systematic self voting form of human intelligence to weed out inferior IQ's the ending kind of sucked and i was left a bit disappointed.

Lasted 3 minutes on space force

Epstein.....3 episodes in. That's uncomfortable viewing
Epstein doco is great even with it being difficult to watch but like i said earlier true crime doco's are really good and it is the world we live in sadly. I would of liked a few more episodes and it seemed a bit short for me but compelling viewing none the less.

I am really struggling currently for things to binge and most of the popular stuff i have seen including every WW2 doco / Narcos type stuff and what not. I am really into true stories and events and even searching the Documentaries available i am yet to see anything really new sadly. Real Detective i loved but that has no new content and i have binged over 200 episodes of Forensic files as well!!

Netflix is really got me guessing most nights regarding what to watch and i would love some Left field suggestions and movies that are the hidden gems so to speak just waiting to be watched.

I watched " Circle " last night and while it was ok with people being killed by Aliens in a systematic self voting form of human intelligence to weed out inferior IQ's the ending kind of sucked and i was left a bit disappointed.
Not sure if they're all available on Netflix but I'd suggest Waco, Wild Wild Country, Making a Murderer, Mindhunter, The Keepers, Evil Genius

Results, The Invitation, Geralds Game, Win It All, Special Correspondents, Always Be My Baby, Set it up, Private Life, Midnight Special, all top class hidden gem movies as far as i am concerned. Always be my baby and Set it up are rom coms though so bare that in mind!

Results, The Invitation, Geralds Game, Win It All, Special Correspondents, Always Be My Baby, Set it up, Private Life, Midnight Special, all top class hidden gem movies as far as i am concerned. Always be my baby and Set it up are rom coms though so bare that in mind!
Special Correspondents is a terrible film. Although the last time I said that, I got into a small beef with Ricky Gervais on Twitter.

It was fine. No masterpiece but watchable, like all Gervais films
It was just so half-arsed. At least The Invention Of Lying was going for something. Debatable if it got there or not, but it tried. Special Correspondents was a pretty lame concept to begin with but done with all the creativity of a wet fart in a crowded room.

Have you watched the Ken Burns Vietnam war doco? It’s excellent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back