Streaming The Netflix Thread

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

I use surfshark. Didn't realise Amazon had different content. What's on the US Version on both Amazon and Netflix worth watching?
I think from memory Quite a bit, but different countries vary considerably.

try this linI

Sorry if already mentioned, but I've just finished watching Warrior Nun and thought it was really good.

Also, Alba Baptista..... :kissingheart:

Edit - 2nd half is MUCH better than the first half, which is more about the set up/origin story. Once thats out of the way it really picks up, so stick with it.

Yeah started this yesterday. On to ep 4 now. They're all really good.

Ep 1 definitely the most intriguing though for me so far.

Reckon he found something out at his work and someone went to great lengths to make sure his movements couldn't be traced at The Belevedere.

Just watched ep 1 now, my thoughts:

1. Definitely not suicide, was murdered.

2. The note that was taped behind the PC has a hidden message in code, someone HAS to get into that and find out what he is saying.

3. Don’t think he came from falling off the roof, the hole is to small, and as was said in the ep the breaks in his body don’t match the fall, so he’s been murdered in a way to make it look like he fell from the roof. Plus the fact his phone, glasses and thongs were all places by the killer.

4. Definitely lots of money handed around to tinker with CCTV footage from the hotel.

5. Would love to know what was said in the phone call for him to just drop everything he was doing and bolt out the door into his car. The woman in the room next door said she just heard an “Ohhhh” from Rey.

6. Reckon it was his friend, orchestrated the whole thing, and to not say a word is very telling and incredibly guilty, especially from a so called friend for over 20 years.

Just watched the Epstein documentary.

Speechless about the alleged crimes, how they were overlooked by so many, while impacting and having so many alleged victims. Scary to think what money, and therefore power can afford you. Beyond disgusting.

That defence lawyer comes across as a soulless creep himself. If what this documentary insinuates is true, can only hope some big names are at least bought to justice and made answerable to the allegations, and makes you wonder (or not really) what else went on in the last decade of his life. Impossible to believe that his behaviour changed.

Just watched ep 1 now, my thoughts:

1. Definitely not suicide, was murdered.

2. The note that was taped behind the PC has a hidden message in code, someone HAS to get into that and find out what he is saying.

3. Don’t think he came from falling off the roof, the hole is to small, and as was said in the ep the breaks in his body don’t match the fall, so he’s been murdered in a way to make it look like he fell from the roof. Plus the fact his phone, glasses and thongs were all places by the killer.

4. Definitely lots of money handed around to tinker with CCTV footage from the hotel.

5. Would love to know what was said in the phone call for him to just drop everything he was doing and bolt out the door into his car. The woman in the room next door said she just heard an “Ohhhh” from Rey.

6. Reckon it was his friend, orchestrated the whole thing, and to not say a word is very telling and incredibly guilty, especially from a so called friend for over 20 years.

Just watched that episode. I thought it was underwhelming.

I thought overall it was so general, and the way the told the story scrambled The first 20 minutes was dedicated to the hard working man, loving husband and patriotic family man and spoke very, very generally about the lead up to him disappearing. In about the last 5 minutes, they then quickly recapped that the house alarm etc. had gone off twice, including the morning he disappeared? The wife never mentioned that in the initial description of her going away on business and trying to call him.

He either knew, or found out something he should not have and got taken out. From any height in the surrounding area there was no chance there was sufficient force to fall through the roof of that building, that's obvious. There is not too much mystery about it really.....it was not random, and it seems his life revolved around his work that lawyered up.

I thought overall it was so general, and the way the told the story scrambled The first 20 minutes was dedicated to the hard working man, loving husband and patriotic family man and spoke very, very generally about the lead up to him disappearing. In about the last 5 minutes, they then quickly recapped that the house alarm etc. had gone off twice, including the morning he disappeared? The wife never mentioned that in the initial description of her going away on business and trying to call him.

He either knew, or found out something he should not have and got taken out. From any height in the surrounding area there was no chance there was sufficient force to fall through the roof of that building, that's obvious. There is not too much mystery about it really.....it was not random, and it seems his life revolved around his work that lawyered up.

Yep, he was clearly taken out. House alarm going on 2 nights, with Rey grabbing a baseball bat with pure fear in his eyes according to his wife, he would’ve been aware most likely his life was in danger. I agree that there’s not much mystery to it, just need more evidence.

Sorry if already mentioned, but I've just finished watching Warrior Nun and thought it was really good.

Edit - 2nd half is MUCH better than the first half, which is more about the set up/origin story. Once thats out of the way it really picks up, so stick with it.
The sort of show that has the potential to be REALLY bad, but they did it pretty well.

Well, you can't really blame them for making it a story. If they just went sequentially, it would be pretty boring.

That being said, I found it kind of underwhelming as well.

Well, you can't really blame them for making it a story. If they just went sequentially, it would be pretty boring.

That being said, I found it kind of underwhelming as well.
No blame for wanting to tell a story, personally I just thought it was disjointed story telling! Could have built the mystery to get to the same conclusion more sequentially really. It was obvious from the opening scene (that really had nothing to do with anything) that they were discrediting the suicide.....hence the mystery!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As for the French father, I agree with the theories in the show that he is in South America. 100% he has fled completely unnoticed.
I am going to go against the grain and say Australia or NZ - he is not doing what people expect of him

I am going to also suggest he has a new family and therefore - in his mind - a new heir to the name and title - which wont come out until after he dies

Just when I thought i'd seen pretty much everything that needed to be seen on Netflix. I put on Gomorrah. Title speaks for itself. A gritty Italian Mafia series.
A few episodes in and its a very good show imo.

I didn’t know Gomorrah was on Netflix:thumbsu:

sbs has “zero zero zero”, which is very good - both (books) were written by the same author

ep 5, wowsers is all I’ll say.
So much wtf!
I am going to go against the grain and say Australia or NZ - he is not doing what people expect of him

I am going to also suggest he has a new family and therefore - in his mind - a new heir to the name and title - which wont come out until after he dies
Fair call that too. So messed up though

Why wouldn't he just leave his son to survive then? They hinted that he didn't want them to be ashamed that he'd lost everything. A new heir would certainly be ashamed of his Dad if it all came to light.

Why wouldn't he just leave his son to survive then? They hinted that he didn't want them to be ashamed that he'd lost everything. A new heir would certainly be ashamed of his Dad if it all came to light.
All true. I think they hinted that he hesitated before killing Thomas.

That's where my thinking started. The only thing he had was his name

Yes any new children would suffer from the sins of the father

But

The name survives

That's interesting most of the Unsolved Mysteries fans hate that episode.

I found it quite good.

Sent from my MI PAD 4 using Tapatalk
I love the UFO and Paranormal side of Unsolved Mysteries in which the original series with Robert Stack had a heap of. Constant unsolved murder investigations sort of leave me less interested and if i want that sort of show i just watch Cold Case files or Forensic files which is also sensational viewing and i have watched every episode and also excellently narrated.

There is new episodes for Season 1 and i hope they get released soon as i am done already and waiting for the rest of season 1 to air of this new format.

Also finished watching Warrior Nun, I agree it got better with each episode, also agree about Alba Baptista, gorgeous girl.

I love the UFO and Paranormal side of Unsolved Mysteries in which the original series with Robert Stack had a heap of. Constant unsolved murder investigations sort of leave me less interested and if i want that sort of show i just watch Cold Case files or Forensic files which is also sensational viewing and i have watched every episode and also excellently narrated.

There is new episodes for Season 1 and i hope they get released soon as i am done already and waiting for the rest of season 1 to air of this new format.
Yeah the original had lots of the paranormal stuff. I looked at the chapters for the reboot and it was all missing persons schmeh. Will jump to ep 5 now👍🏼

Would highly recommend Magical Land of Oz. Wildlife series about Australia narrated by Barry Humphries, has 3 hour-long episodes - one about the oceans, one about the land, and one about urban environments. Some really really cool s**t.

I came back into this thread to make this exact comment once I had reflected on it a bit more.

I guess I also see unsolved mysteries more about people that completely disappear without a trace, or events that happen without clear explanation - which this show isn't.

I have called it good after 2 episodes and moved on to other docos. The second episode was about Hicksville USA and a casting call of Oddballs. From the minute that bloke was named Pistol, he was destined to have a challenging life one way or the other......

Remove this Banner Ad

Back