Streaming The Netflix Thread

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

Dazza, what did you reckon to Valhalla Murders? BBC are starting it on Saturday. I wasn't as impressed by Barbarians as you were; I thought it was a poor shadow of Vikings.
Valhalla Murders is an excellent series, a serial killer taking revenge on incidents that happen at a state run boys institution

Show set years after the incidents

Very loosely based on incidents that happened in Iceland in 1940’s

Barbarians was a bit slow, the main battle should of been over at least 3 eps, as they advertise it if that was the main part of the series, has been given the go ahead for season 2, presumably the Romans will get their revenge

We Are The Champions - went downhill quicker than the cheese

Stan and Ollie - Steve Coogan and John C Riley as Stan and Ollie - its a look at the time after the applause had died down and they went on one last small tour of the UK

Both actors fit their roles and it was an enjoyable look back at 2 characters . Not a brilliant movie but passed the time - 7/10

Motherless Brooklyn

Ed Norton plays a tourettes sufferer who tries to find out the why and who of his boss' killer

Probably 30 minutes too long but the performance is ok - storyline works and a nice twist

Though I wonder how much will be said of Norton not casting a Tourettes sufferer

We Are The Champions - went downhill quicker than the cheese
The enjoyment often comes in the subtle s**t-stirring in the narration, which was brilliant. The only one I found hard to watch was the hair one (just cos that sorta thing does nothing for me), but I found the rest was a great celebration of the absurdity of being human.

Last edited:
The enjoyment often comes in the subtle sh*t-stirring in the narration, which was brilliant. The only one I found hard to watch was the hair one, but I found the rest was a great celebration of the absurdity of being human.
That chilli eating competition was brutal.

You have to watch 'The Social Dilemma' possibly one of the most important doco's made in recent times.
100% spot on. Absolute must watch for all parents of under 18s. This and Attenborough's doco really define our failings as humans. We're ****ed if we don't turn it around soon.

We're really liking the new series "We Are The Champions" Some of these events are bizarre but it's kinda good to know they're out there.

Watched this on the weekend based off your recommendation. We enjoyed it! It's got potential for a few seasons I think. Plenty of weird stuff out there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't Listen. A Spanish horror/thriller movie. Actually really good. HAPPY BUDDHA you'd probably like this one.

Mosul.

Pretty awesome.

Best war film in a while.

Not sure if I posted this before but am currently going through the Lord of the Rings & Hobbit movies - only the extended cuts.
It’s a lot of hours but I gotta say in comparison the Hobbit trilogy sucks balls compared.

Can rewatch any of the original movies multiple times but the hobbit is just a mess and rather boring. Also gives me a headache with all the CGI.

I was disappointed to read Mindhunter is no more. The actors have been released from their contracts, which means the series is dead. Was so looking forward to another few seasons of this show.
I'm sure I read that the "BT killer" that they teased us with snippets of throughout wasn't caught until years after S2 of the show was set. So in theory it is a show that could survive a lengthy hiatus and be rekindled down the line. Hopefully anyway

I'm sure I read that the "BT killer" that they teased us with snippets of throughout wasn't caught until years after S2 of the show was set. So in theory it is a show that could survive a lengthy hiatus and be rekindled down the line. Hopefully anyway
He was called the BTK (bind, torture, kill) killer. But they didn't need to make that a feature of season 3, and it sounded like studio politics was prominent in the show's demise. Oh, well, just another good show that has gone too soon.

100% spot on. Absolute must watch for all parents of under 18s. This and Attenborough's doco really define our failings as humans. We're f’ed if we don't turn it around soon.
I think I mentioned this earlier in this thread, can't remember, but at the end when they interview the people who created these social media platforms, and they say that they forbid their own kids from using them, well that says it all.

This film really is the "An Inconvenient Truth" of this generation.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back