Streaming The Netflix Thread

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

The overarching story line in Stranger Things has pretty much been the same in all three seasons, they literally just rinse and repeat the story with slight changes to characters involved. This is an example of a TV show that should have ended after 1 season, and it would have been one of the classics.
Agree with this; seemed like a one-and-done series.

The only series in my life that I came late into that was hyped up to the max that I truly think lived up to those expectations was Breaking Bad. Now that was a once in a generation masterpiece.

Same.
I reckon I started watching when around Season 4 started and then it was only because my sister had a couple of dodgy knock off Bali copies of S1 & S2 that she loaned to me.

Brilliant show.

Yeah I liked Queens Gambit first two eps and then to me it go a little bogged down. Not a bad ending but a little too predictable.

I read an article from an Australian grandmaster Ian Rodgers who said when playing in Russia the top overseas players the night before a big match against a local would have to put up with the hotel bed radio inexplicably going on really loud at 2am in the morning and couldn’t turn it off for some time.

Alice in Borderland

Japanese survivor meets Matthew Reilly meets Saw

Something goes wrong and people are transported to a game set and have to survive

3 episodes in and its a little hokey but overall is interesting
Finished this tonight

8 episodes - very violent , high gore but some interesting puzzles to work out

7/10

The overarching story line in Stranger Things has pretty much been the same in all three seasons, they literally just rinse and repeat the story with slight changes to characters involved. This is an example of a TV show that should have ended after 1 season, and it would have been one of the classics.

I was going to say; S1 was legitimately brilliant - the rest of it has just been profiting from it.

Well made doco. Enjoyed it a lot.

Shows how incompetent police can be. How a person gets away with 13 murders and they still have no idea who it is and capture him by chance. Without CCTV police are clueless.
went in thinking I'd watch one or two episodes, finished it off in one night.

A lot harder to find them back in the 70s but yeah cleary stuffed up. I was born in the 80s and I find it so hard to comprehend it was all done by paper.

They definetly thought they knew who they were looking for and didn't look into anyone else

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

Well made doco. Enjoyed it a lot.

Shows how incompetent police can be. How a person gets away with 13 murders and they still have no idea who it is and capture him by chance. Without CCTV police are clueless.
Not sure its about cctv - its about what is released , when it is released and how

That identikit the survivor gave was like a wtf moment for me.

How his wife, how his work colleagues how anybody couldnt have seen that identikit and not pick Sutcliffe is staggering.

Did the police not release that?

Not sure its about cctv - its about what is released , when it is released and how

How his wife, how his work colleagues how anybody couldnt have seen that identikit and not pick Sutcliffe is staggering.

Only killing toms, it didn't matter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His wife was a schizophrenic, she wouldn’t have had a clue. His colleagues used to call him the Ripper because he looked like the identikit/was interviewed so many times.

I would have liked them to go into more depth on the numerous interviews police conducted with him at his home. Although there was a lot of footage I’ve ever seen before.

I watched Alice in Borderland over the last few days. It's not my usual genre but I really liked this. Hope there's a second season.

What a story. This just screams "Netflix series". Make it happen, Reed.

Not Netflix but recent revisited the BBC miniseries of Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy/Smileys People, all episodes on Youtube. Superb stuff.

Reckon I could watch Alec Guinness read a washing machine instruction manual.

Doubt it was the intention of its makers but definitely ended with her defecting to the Soviet Union.
No she didn't defect, she went home.
The American "minder" wanted her to bulldust on a bit about how great America was, she was way above that
and the bloke's ignorance and bigotry shon through.
Political grand standing, she just opted out of the bullshit, remember its the height of the cold war.

She didn't like being told, was ambitious and her own person, I got not one idea that she would defect, where does that, or better still, why does that enter anyone's head. She respected her opponents.
The US minder who went with her was a pain in the arse, she knew that from the start of the trip, it pointed out the idiocy and bias and bigotry that went on in the minds of Marcarthyism America, which even by 196o's and 70's was still going on in some minds.

One of the best things I've seen for ages, strange never entered my head about defection?????

Remove this Banner Ad

Back