Streaming The Netflix Thread

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

What’s the go with Netflix, do they edit certain parts of movies?
Being the responsible cousin that I am, I just showed my little cousin pulp fiction for the first time, and I swear to god at the start of the movie after they shoot brad, there is a part where the black dude Marvin fires an entire clip into Sam L Jackson and misses.. that entire part was cut.
I’ve never really noticed this before, has anyone found other movies cut or edited ?

Being the responsible cousin that I am, I just showed my little cousin pulp fiction for the first time, and I swear to god at the start of the movie after they shoot brad, there is a part where the black dude Marvin fires an entire clip into Sam L Jackson and misses.. that entire part was cut.
I’ve never really noticed this before, has anyone found other movies cut or edited ?
Hmm - watched it 2-3 weeks ago? They must have showed it because they commented on the holes behind them

I am struggling to find things to watch on Netflix lately. Hopefully some new stuff drops soon. What I have watched recently:

American Murder: The Family Next Door

A little late to the party but ghee whiz. Another absolutely insane, well made true crime doco. Harrowing stuff.

Death to 2020

I hated the Biden/Trump stuff and they spent far too long on it. Have no interest in the Presidential election therefore this didn't do it for me.

Hmm - watched it 2-3 weeks ago? They must have showed it because they commented on the holes behind them
Yeah they definitely cut it, I just went back to make sure I wasn’t crazy. As soon as Vincent and Jules shoot Brad the screen fades and goes to the next scene. Only using Aus Netflix.. still has me interested what else they cut

The Netflix version of Central Intelligence was hugely modified last year

The Midnight Sky - absolute s**t.

Boring, stupid, full of plot holes and completely unrealistic behaviour and action.

Crap.

Would definitely recommend Operation Odessa, documentary about crims in Miami wheeling and dealing with Columbians and Russians.

Loved this - what a bunch of legends.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You sure?

The Liberator.

4 part military story about a company’s travels in WW2 Europe. It’s actors but filmed with these effects that make it look like a comic book. Wasn’t bad, especially the last 2 eps I really liked those.

Blatantly tries to be like Band of Brothers but if that won’t annoy and you like the WW2 genre, it’s worth watching. The guy playing the main character was excellent.

Chucked on Death to 2020 and was pretty disappointed given the talent involved. Humour is a pretty subjective thing but the jokes weren't really landing.

Chucked on Death to 2020 and was pretty disappointed given the talent involved. Humour is a pretty subjective thing but the jokes weren't really landing.
I thought it was ok without hitting it out of the park.

Schulz saves America on the other hand...gave it five minutes and shut it off. Who is this clown and is he considered a comic (I understand he's popular on YouTube). His angry, shouting schtick only works if the jokes are good; he clearly thought if he never stopped to shut the * up for a second, people would fail to see just how unfunny he is.

I thought it was ok without hitting it out of the park.

Schulz saves America on the other hand...gave it five minutes and shut it off. Who is this clown and is he considered a comic (I understand he's popular on YouTube). His angry, shouting schtick only works if the jokes are good; he clearly thought if he never stopped to shut the fu** up for a second, people would fail to see just how unfunny he is.

D2020 is good - light and easy, relatively amusing.

Schulz saves America is great, he’s very funny, and very insightful. His comedy pre covid was pretty run of the mill, but he’s found a real niche with this rapid fire, current affair based rants.

Might go over some heads though ;)

Tim Dillon is hilarious too - give his podcast a go.

D2020 is good - light and easy, relatively amusing.

Schulz saves America is great, he’s very funny, and very insightful. His comedy pre covid was pretty run of the mill, but he’s found a real niche with this rapid fire, current affair based rants.

Might go over some heads though ;)

Tim Dillon is hilarious too - give his podcast a go.
There was nothing clever enough to go over anyone’s head. Cheap, lazy bro humour, right down to sitting with his legs wide open and nuts facing the camera.

The History of Swear Words is 6 20 minute episodes so its a quick and entertaining watch. Nicholas Cage has so much charisma!
Just watched the first episode. I found it quite average with D grade celebrities that I'd barely heard of making comment on the work *.

I remember this back 20 years ago being more funny and interesting :

Sent from my MI PAD 4 using Tapatalk

Midnight gospel...what a strange show.
I watched a few episodes and bailed
too talky it just never shut up

I wanted it to be my new Adventure Time
It was just trying too hard to be clever they needed to tone it down and keep it minimal and vaguer

The Challenger doco, I was seven when it happened so had some vague memories of it. Man could have been totally avoided
Was 18 and having grown up with it (got up and watched the first launch in 1981) and remember it like yesterday by reading the front of a special edition Herald Sun at a newsagent at 10am. And yes, so avoidable

Remove this Banner Ad

Back