Streaming The Netflix Thread

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

Just finished Katla, Icelandic tv series with drama, mystery and Science Fiction themes

Set near in a small town, near the the Katla volcano, where something unusual starts happening

I thought it was very good

Katla is a Volcano in Iceland
In the middle of it now. I'm finding it difficult to stay interested in. Very slow moving. Glacial even.. haha

Tenet

Not having watched this I was looking forward to this as some of the chatter was good

Due to the timey wimey nature of it it can be a difficult watch but a line 3/4 of the way through is the motto of this movie ''dont think of time in a linear way''

Any rewatch will be with this in mind. Some of the reversals were easy to spot but it didnt detract

The spy stuff reminded me of a Charles McCarry Paul Christopher novel ( and I was tickled pink to google nolan and mccarry and have that confirmed)

Any rewatch will be with this in mind

8/10
I think I enjoyed Tenet more the first time than the second time, despite now being forewarned to look out for certain things. Whereas I seem to enjoy Inception more with each viewing after being a bit ambivalent the first time.

Tenet

Not having watched this I was looking forward to this as some of the chatter was good

Due to the timey wimey nature of it it can be a difficult watch but a line 3/4 of the way through is the motto of this movie ''dont think of time in a linear way''

Any rewatch will be with this in mind. Some of the reversals were easy to spot but it didnt detract

The spy stuff reminded me of a Charles McCarry Paul Christopher novel ( and I was tickled pink to google nolan and mccarry and have that confirmed)

8/10

I watched it last night. Kind of Bourne meets Inception? Agree with your rating. Bloody confusing. Read an explanation that helped me make sense of it so will re-watch at some point.

I thought the lead (from Ballers) was pretty weak although he improved as the movie went. The Twilight guy was good, a great role for him.

Some of the effects and audio are just sensational.

Tenet

8/10

Watched it last night. Didn't mind it but found myself drifting in and out of it. Would be worth a rewatch knowing the how it plays out.

Agree, some of the reversals were easy to spot but some were good surprises.

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

I watched it last night. Kind of Bourne meets Inception? Agree with your rating. Bloody confusing. Read an explanation that helped me make sense of it so will re-watch at some point.

I thought the lead (from Ballers) was pretty weak although he improved as the movie went. The Twilight guy was good, a great role for him.

Some of the effects and audio are just sensational.
Yeah didn't realise that was the twilight guy. First time I've probably liked him in a movie.

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

He's actually pretty good.

Check out The Lighthouse and Good Time. :thumbsu:

He was great in support in The Lost City of Z too, and terrific in High Life (although that's not going to be a movie for everyone).

I think he's at least starting to get the recognition he deserves. Kristen Stewart is also equally great but not recognised as such - probably because she needs to get as far away from Hollywood as possible to actually showcase herself.

He was great in support in The Lost City of Z too, and terrific in High Life (although that's not going to be a movie for everyone).

I think he's at least starting to get the recognition he deserves. Kristen Stewart is also equally great but not recognised as such - probably because she needs to get as far away from Hollywood as possible to actually showcase herself.
Yep. Must admit I was hesitant about Pattinson but he was so good I forgot who he used to be - or at least my perception about him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has anyone else noticed that Netflix has really gone backwards in the movies they offer. Seriously average selection and they used to make alot of truly great netflix original movies but it seems to have died off. It's becoming really disappointing.

On SM-N981B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Has anyone else noticed that Netflix has really gone backwards in the movies they offer. Seriously average selection and they used to make alot of truly great netflix original movies but it seems to have died off. It's becoming really disappointing.

I would say it is more widespread than just Netflix. I could count the number of really good new releases I have seen in the last 5 years on one hand. Dr Sleep in 2019 and Green Book and Bad Times at the El Royale the year before that. That's about it.

As above, diluted by the number of streaming services. I am interested in the 'a lot of truly great Netflix original movies' though. What are some of these?

I would say it is more widespread than just Netflix. I could count the number of really good new releases I have seen in the last 5 years on one hand. Dr Sleep in 2019 and Green Book and Bad Times at the El Royale the year before that. That's about it.
These weren’t made by Netflix though

Roma, The Irishman and Marriage Story would all easily claim that title, I think.
No problem with those 3. Would not think you could add many to the list though. The original statement of a lot of truly great would suggest more.

I'd say Netflix has always made a lot of truly okay movies, with a few quality ones thrown in to try and win an Oscar. Nothing different last year, where they had mank, 5 bloods, maraineys black bottom and trial of the Chicago 7 all up for Oscars in some category.

No problem with those 3. Would not think you could add many to the list though. The original statement of a lot of truly great would suggest more.

I'd say Netflix has always made a lot of truly okay movies, with a few quality ones thrown in to try and win an Oscar. Nothing different last year, where they had mank, 5 bloods, maraineys black bottom and trial of the Chicago 7 all up for Oscars in some category.
Netflix has moved away from buying cinema releases, which I think makes its content look a little slimmer. Their slate this year is jam packed but they seem to be going for the more crowd pleading films rather than high quality. So we have had Army of the Dead, Red Notice with the Rock and Ryan Reynolds coming up, The Dead Font Die with Bill Murray etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back