Streaming The Netflix Thread

Streaming Television
Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
To be fair, Russian Doll did improve 3 episodes in. Enough to keep me watching til the end. But I can't say that I loved it. It was smart arse Jewish New York hipster dialog based. Like Woody Allen without the charm. And the female lead weirded me out with her facial expressions. Like one of those pixar animated characters such as Nemo.

That’s crap...three episodes in

I thought Russian Doll was fantastic, but agree, the first two episodes are not very good. The first ep in particular is boring as s**t. But, the final 4-5 episodes are excellent.

Netflix is so hot and cold. Most TV shows are great but some movies are stinkers.

Velvet Buzzsaw lasted about 10 minutes, and Polar was a massive let down. For the money they throw at actors, should spend more on better screen writers.

Dancing Potato

Premiership Player
Jul 7, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Smashing my way through the first season of Broadchurch. Fantastic series so far. It's like playing 'spot the Game of Thrones alumni' so far.

Also, how gorgeous is Simone McAullay? I haven't seen her in anything since Blue Heelers and then she randomly pops up in this?! How has she not had more gigs? :hearteyes:

treeman

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 19, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows
Smashing my way through the first season of Broadchurch. Fantastic series so far. It's like playing 'spot the Game of Thrones alumni' so far.

Also, how gorgeous is Simone McAullay? I haven't seen her in anything since Blue Heelers and then she randomly pops up in this?! How has she not had more gigs? eyes:
Broadchurch is old now. Watched that many years ago.

Sent from my MI PAD 4 using Tapatalk

treeman

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 19, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows
Netflix is so hot and cold. Most TV shows are great but some movies are stinkers.

Velvet Buzzsaw lasted about 10 minutes, and Polar was a massive let down. For the money they throw at actors, should spend more on better screen writers.
I've steered clear of the week movies. They tend to be fairly average compared to the TV shows.

Sent from my MI PAD 4 using Tapatalk

raskolnikov

Cancelled
10k Posts 30k Posts Wordler Werewolf Player Essendon Player Sponsor 2021 - Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti and Archie Perkins Essendon Player Sponsor 2020 Essendon Player Sponsor 2019 Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds
Apr 1, 2002
Cap Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns
Been watching the Deadly Women series. Those people who think women are perfect and men are evil really need to watch this.

It’s a solid show. There’s a 4th season now too which Netflix hasn’t got yet which was maybe the best one yet.

You’ll meet Brienne (Sophie Skelton) soon, she’s absolutely gorgeous.

Yeh i am enjoying it, i am about 4 eps into season 2, hoping to get a few more in over the next few days

I think Claire is gorgeous

JimDocker

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 16, 2007
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Doncaster Rovers, Boston Celtics
Watched a couple of sports doco's Iverson. about NBA star Allen Iverson, pretty good

I watched the one made for Netflix. Really enjoyed it. I used to love watching him, but found his personality a bit too much at the time. This puts his personality into perspective. He really did have it tough. Treated terribly by the establishment. Watched it with my son and it was pretty educational for him too. Not just the basketball highlights because I had shown him those on YouTube already. He was a walking highlight reel.

JimDocker

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 16, 2007
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Doncaster Rovers, Boston Celtics
Absolutely exhausted from a long week at work last night, I got home and collapsed into bed and decided to give the new show a go, Russian Doll. Watched the whole thing with only a small break in the middle to make myself dinner. Probably the most I’ve enjoyed a Netflix Original Series since Master of None. Borrowing an iconic film’s concept but then running with it in its own exciting, moving, funny and profound direction, this was really a joy and an experience. I feel like rewatching it already for things I’d have missed.

Fantastic series. My wife and I watched it over 3 nights. Great concept. Agree with missing stuff. A lot was happening all of the time and not always explained.
I wasn't familiar with Natasha Lyonne before this series but she was amazing.

Apr 11, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Iggles, Georgia.
Really liked Russian Doll, very funny at times.

Watched the first couple of Dirty John last night, haven't decided if it's shite or not yet, will give it one more but not holding out much hope atm.

Back