Streaming Television

Blue Arrow

Club Legend
Feb 22, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
The Renegades, Vics
Dark is pretty good, a bit of a mind twister. Germany makes some good shows, I have also watched the tv remake of Das Boot & 8 Days recently.

JimDocker

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 16, 2007
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Doncaster Rovers, Boston Celtics
Recently binge watched Sex Education. Terrific little series. It could have ended up being really trashy, but managed to make the viewer care about each character. Even characters that may have had you off side to begin with. Really well written and acted.

Also binge watched After Life. Not at the level of The Office, or Extras, but a lovely little series. Some genuinely beautiful scenes towards the end of the series.

I've just finished Narcos: Mexico. Whilst I very much enjoyed it, they really do seem to be getting very half-hearted about their action sequences, some of the plot armour was ridiculous, and the various raids that happen fairly regularly are starting to look like recycled footage

Comedians in Cars getting coffee

I haven’t watched all of these, tend to pick and choose but the new season has just dropped with likes of Eddie Murphy and Seth Rogen.

The Ricky Gervais double ep is the best I’ve seen. Because he’s been on before he’s just so much more relaxed than all Jerry’s other guests that it’s just so good from the very start.

moto748

Premiership Player
Apr 19, 2010
Wigan
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Wigan Warriors
I just finished Dark too, I thought it was superb, probably the best TV I've seen in a long time. Quite apart from anything else, the casting is phenomenal. It may start off looking a bit generic in the first ep or two, but stick with it and it is so much more than that.

Mar 7, 2009
On the Buses
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars
Im half way through and its one disaster per episode, in space, with a crew who simply cannot be the best people on the planet for going in to space to save the human race.
That communications officer (the latino chick) is too volatile to pass the psychological studies NASA put astronauts through, and the guy that Niko killed was a complete douche. But I'm enjoying it.

Bunkdar

All Australian
Aug 29, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
I've just started watching this one - I think I'm maybe 6 episodes into the first season. It's a weird mix of a show (it's often super dark, but also a lot of absurdist humour) and although I was a bit bummed that my wife wasn't into it, I'm VERY glad she didn't watch the microwave episode. Holy crap. That was heavy.

My MRS called me twisted for watching Happy!
Back in the day I remember watching true blood and thinking it was something else....the MRS watch it with me 2....ahe luved it
maybe the decent should never understand this show

MC Bad Genius

No, not THAT MC Bad Genius. The other one.
Apr 15, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
My MRS called me twisted for watching Happy!
Back in the day I remember watching true blood and thinking it was something else....the MRS watch it with me 2....ahe luved it
maybe the decent should never understand this show
Although it's not on Netflix (but on Stan), if you haven't checked it out I think you might enjoy Preacher. Has a really similar tone and sense of humour to Happy! and has a fair whack of creepiness to boot. And my wife really didn't enjoy that one either haha.

Back