Streaming The Netflix Thread

Streaming Television
Yeah saw this earlier today. Can't wait.

On another note just finished watching A Star is Born. I'm now depressed. That ending was sad as fu**.
Been meaning to watch this for ages.

So many good reviews for it.

Apr 6, 2005
La Côte d'Azur
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton FC
This is an excellent series. Could you imagine being an Australian called Holden Ford? LOL.
I liked that wink to Australia in Ep 2(or was it 3). It also made me think the writers were unaware of it in Season 1 and feedback exposed them to it.

I liked that wink to Australia in Ep 2(or was it 3). It also made me think the writers were unaware of it in Season 1 and feedback exposed them to it.
The writer is from South Australia and he came up with the name, so it was no fluke. In fact, he said he named him that on purpose.

Link:

Mr X

Club Legend
Jun 26, 2003
Round here
AFL Club
Geelong
Somehow started watching The 100. First impressions were it was bad, but a hope of a Lost style show.

Its :poo:. I am ashamed I stuck with it for a season before conceding. I think I saw there are 5 or 6 seasons all up. That is stunning.

Somehow started watching The 100. First impressions were it was bad, but a hope of a Lost style show.

Its :poo:. I am ashamed I stuck with it for a season before conceding. I think I saw there are 5 or 6 seasons all up. That is stunning.
I like the genre of "survival of the fittest" and "new society" so I continue to sit through it. I was hesitant to watch because it airs on The CW, whose demographic is teen/YA, and females; something I am not.

The story has got to the point where it's very repetitive (end of season, everything good, new season is a new life threatening situation), similar to what The Walking Dead has become. The first season was the grounders, then the mountain men, then ALIE, then the primafara, then the prison.

It's strong on it's female lead protagonists, Clarke and Octavia probably have the two biggest growth arc in the story, probably a decision from the book author to be more diverse, but with the use of Bell does try to balance that out a bit. We've seen the first lead female die this season (S6), compared to seven male leads die prior to that. So maybe the male audience will struggle to relate to this. I got nothing against female protagonists, but I feel as though it's tipped the scale to far, instead of trying to balance it.

The show needed to die after two or three seasons. Lots of shows these days have a limited premise and this genre does, but production companies and tv networks just want to milk as much of it as possible.

As for the "Lost style show", The 100 has some good lore to it. Another thing that appeals to me, and I liked the way it contented the lore correct days events (you'll see this in regards to the nightbloods and ALIE). The grounders have created their own new religion and culture and continue to live by this, and the conflict that is created when the sky people try bring current practices into it is interesting.

I am hooked right now on Real Detective.

Fantastic documentary series narrated to you by the actual real police officers that were apart of the said cases.

Some shocking stuff in the episodes that had me googling more information after just about every episode I have seen.

Fantastic real life viewing.

Watched Rust Valley Restorers. It is what it is. Bit of fun. However, what threw my about the show was one of the guys on it, Avery, looked familiar. Took me a couple of minutes to place it and then it hit me. He is the real life coubterpart to ANOTHER Netflix character, only animated.

Screenshot_20190828-004341_Pic Collage.jpg

Mar 7, 2009
On the Buses
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars
I like the genre of "survival of the fittest" and "new society" so I continue to sit through it. I was hesitant to watch because it airs on The CW, whose demographic is teen/YA, and females; something I am not.

The story has got to the point where it's very repetitive (end of season, everything good, new season is a new life threatening situation), similar to what The Walking Dead has become. The first season was the grounders, then the mountain men, then ALIE, then the primafara, then the prison.

It's strong on it's female lead protagonists, Clarke and Octavia probably have the two biggest growth arc in the story, probably a decision from the book author to be more diverse, but with the use of Bell does try to balance that out a bit. We've seen the first lead female die this season (S6), compared to seven male leads die prior to that. So maybe the male audience will struggle to relate to this. I got nothing against female protagonists, but I feel as though it's tipped the scale to far, instead of trying to balance it.

The show needed to die after two or three seasons. Lots of shows these days have a limited premise and this genre does, but production companies and tv networks just want to milk as much of it as possible.

As for the "Lost style show", The 100 has some good lore to it. Another thing that appeals to me, and I liked the way it contented the lore correct days events (you'll see this in regards to the nightbloods and ALIE). The grounders have created their own new religion and culture and continue to live by this, and the conflict that is created when the sky people try bring current practices into it is interesting.
I liked the first few seasons of The 100, it was a good premise. But as you said, it just became repetitive and eventually I stopped watching out of boredom.

Oct 9, 2003
Singapore / 30,000 feet
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eagles (NFL), Suns (NBA)
Gilbert Gottfried was an inspired choice in the Anne Frank episode. Was easily the best episode since they managed to skirt the line successfully, had the potential to go so wrong as Jeff Ross pointed out at the start.

Just finished Arrested Development Season 5 Part 1 - does anyone know when Part 2 is coming, or are there any other ways to watch it? Was a bit of a struggle at times (definitely lost the magic) but still keen to see how it wraps up.
AD is my all time favourite comedy, but I couldn't get past the second ep of season 5. Absolutely tarnished the legend that was the first 3 seasons. Season 4 was OK, but S5 was tragic.

Oct 9, 2003
Singapore / 30,000 feet
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eagles (NFL), Suns (NBA)
Halfway through the last episode of Money Heist, or Papa de Casal... Pretty ordinary to be honest and is a repeat of the first season. I enjoyed the first season, cant remember the second and cant wait to forget the third,
LOL!
That's not the title... what you posted means something else completely.

I can't believe it took until page 16 of this thread though for someone to mention this show. It's only the most watched show ever on Netflix. Season 1 was very good. Season 2 a but below. Season 3 was average and completely unnecessary.
But I would highly recommend watching the first 2 seasons.

And you have to watch it in the original Spanish audio, with English subs.

Apr 6, 2005
La Côte d'Azur
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton FC
LOL!
That's not the title... what you posted means something else completely.

I can't believe it took until page 16 of this thread though for someone to mention this show. It's only the most watched show ever on Netflix. Season 1 was very good. Season 2 a but below. Season 3 was average and completely unnecessary.
But I would highly recommend watching the first 2 seasons.

And you have to watch it in the original Spanish audio, with English subs.

Ah whatever you know what I meant. I was in Spain at the end of last year and picked up a t-shirt of the dali mask.. was everywhere.

Agree 100% on your thoughts on each season. Season 3 was just stupid.

Ah whatever you know what I meant. I was in Spain at the end of last year and picked up a t-shirt of the dali mask.. was everywhere.

Agree 100% on your thoughts on each season. Season 3 was just stupid.
I’m part way through season 1 at the moment, I should just stop there?

Back