Streaming The Netflix Thread

Streaming Television
Season 1 is good. Some of the acting is over the top but it's worth the ride. S2 if you're struggling for something to watch. S3 if you're a sucker for punishment.
I’m struggling to finish season 1. The Professor’s great but could he have picked a more idiotic crew? Every ep they do something stupid they have to sort out. I do like Tokyo tho, a lot.

I’m struggling to finish season 1. The Professor’s great but could he have picked a more idiotic crew? Every ep they do something stupid they have to sort out. I do like Tokyo tho, a lot.
But that’s how TV shows work. And that’s how drama is created. And that’s how the get the heist to fill the full season (assuming it ends at season end).

It can’t be the perfect crime, it’s too boring. So they bring in these errors by the crew so it can be fixed. And this extends the storyline and fills the gaps/b story in the show.

But that’s how TV shows work. And that’s how drama is created. And that’s how the get the heist to fill the full season (assuming it ends at season end).

It can’t be the perfect crime, it’s too boring. So they bring in these errors by the crew so it can be fixed. And this extends the storyline and fills the gaps/b story in the show.
Yeah perfect heists can work in film cos only 2 hours. Oceans Eleven’s crew was top notch, they still dealt with issues but hardly any of them screwed up - can’t really stretch that 12 eps of a tv series.

I’ll see season 1 out, it might pick up but it’s a struggle for me, can’t get my head around why such a meticulous planner would recruit SO poorly. Most seem to like it tho. Probably didn’t help I watched English dub version for a while too!

MC Bad Genius

No, not THAT MC Bad Genius. The other one.
Apr 15, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
AD is my all time favourite comedy, but I couldn't get past the second ep of season 5. Absolutely tarnished the legend that was the first 3 seasons. Season 4 was OK, but S5 was tragic.
I know there's an AD specific thread here, but I wish they'd never rebooted the show at all. It was a perfect 10/10 for me (the only other comedy that I would score that high was the UK version of The Office), but season 4 was pretty appalling and the first part of season 5 was a real slog. And Forward Press, Part 2 of Season 5 aired in March in the US, but I haven't seen it either on Netflix or Foxtel Now at all during that time. I actually re-watched a couple of episodes of Part 1 because I thought incorrectly that the newer episodes had been released. It's a pretty damning indictment that it was so forgettable it took me a while to even notice I'd watched them before.

MC Bad Genius

Apr 15, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Saw Dave's new stand up Sticks & Stones earlier this week. Was OK but not his best work.
Was it better than his Bird Revelation one? That was terrible.
Turned it off halfway through. I get that he's purposefully being shocking to a prove a point about political correctness, but that's pretty a pretty boring point to make and one that seemingly ever middle-aged male comedian loves to make. The bigger issue is the cardinal sin of any comedian i.e. trying to prove a point at the expense of being funny.

Oct 9, 2003
Singapore / 30,000 feet
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eagles (NFL), Suns (NBA)
Was it better than his Bird Revelation one? That was terrible.
Dunno, haven't seen that one. When I launched Netflix earlier this week, his latest show came up as a New Release, it was only an hour, so I put it on. Was pretty average though, don't recall laughing all that much.

I know there's an AD specific thread here, but I wish they'd never rebooted the show at all. It was a perfect 10/10 for me (the only other comedy that I would score that high was the UK version of The Office), but season 4 was pretty appalling and the first part of season 5 was a real slog. And Forward Press, Part 2 of Season 5 aired in March in the US, but I haven't seen it either on Netflix or Foxtel Now at all during that time. I actually re-watched a couple of episodes of Part 1 because I thought incorrectly that the newer episodes had been released. It's a pretty damning indictment that it was so forgettable it took me a while to even notice I'd watched them before.

Yeah definitely a sharp decline but at least it could be a lot worse, I suppose. Still, would be nice to see how they wrap it up.

I rate AD S1-3 up there with Scrubs S1-8 as TV comedy perfection.

JimDocker

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 16, 2007
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Doncaster Rovers, Boston Celtics
My internet has shat itself as of recent, but was loving Mindhunters Season 2. Just got to the Manson stuff. Can't wait for my internet to unshat itself so I can finish it off.

I am watching season 2 at the moment. I had heard it was a bit disappointing but I'm loving it.

MC Bad Genius

Apr 15, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
I am watching season 2 at the moment. I had heard it was a bit disappointing but I'm loving it.
Yeah, I thought it was really great too. Has a very different feel as the move from the focus on gaining knowledge from convicted serial killers to implementing that knowledge to try and catch one. But it's still really engaging. If there isn't a separate thread for the show on BF, I might start one as there is heaps to delve into!

Jun 27, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur FC
I'm 2 episodes into The Spy. Its alright i suppose but nothing to rave about. i did some quick research on the guy its based off and there's potential for it to get really interesting now that all the groundwork has been established.
I can't shake the feeling that it's another Borat movie though.....i keep waiting for the gotcha moment.

really looking forward to Unbelievable (with Toni Collette) and Criminal (with an appearance from David Tennant). there's a whole lot of trash on Netflix but there's some real quality too, i'm expecting these 2 shows to fit into the second category.

Just finished Money Heist, and didn't mind the third part if the whole first season is not part of the story.
Bringing back Berlin in the flashbacks was stupid. And having Rio jailed was even worse.
Netflix don't know when to end a show. A lot of it's original shows only need the one season, and work really well as one season. But they want to continue the story by repeating the formula. Stranger Things, 13 Reasons Why, amongst others.
New characters and similar plot would have worked better. Keep Lisbon and Angel as the investigators, and find new thieves.

jackn

Club Legend
Oct 9, 2006
aus
AFL Club
Carlton
About to start Unbelievable - anyone given it a whirl?
Wife and I binged the s**t out of it. 3 eps last night and 5 back to back from about 5 this arvo. First single weekend show for me since stranger things 1 I'd say. Fair to say we thought it was great, but the binge high makes it hard to say how great exactly. Will need some time to digest, but what a crazy story.

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Wife and I binged the s**t out of it. 3 eps last night and 5 back to back from about 5 this arvo. First single weekend show for me since stranger things 1 I'd say. Fair to say we thought it was great, but the binge high makes it hard to say how great exactly. Will need some time to digest, but what a crazy story.
We've watched two episodes.

It's very heavy.

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
I'm 2 episodes into The Spy. Its alright i suppose but nothing to rave about. i did some quick research on the guy its based off and there's potential for it to get really interesting now that all the groundwork has been established.
I can't shake the feeling that it's another Borat movie though.....i keep waiting for the gotcha moment.

really looking forward to Unbelievable (with Toni Collette) and Criminal (with an appearance from David Tennant). there's a whole lot of trash on Netflix but there's some real quality too, i'm expecting these 2 shows to fit into the second category.

Same here with The Spy...finished Ep 2 and it’s been a grind. The only thing keeping me in is the first Act of Ep 1.

Oct 9, 2003
Singapore / 30,000 feet
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eagles (NFL), Suns (NBA)
I finished it over the weekend. It's not great, but worth watching all 6 eps. The last 2 eps in particular are decent. It's interesting to see how
he gets caught
I knew it was based on a true story, but didn't want to spoil the experience by looking into his history before watching the show.

Back