Streaming The Netflix Thread

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

Just finished Money Heist, and didn't mind the third part if the whole first season is not part of the story.
Bringing back Berlin in the flashbacks was stupid. And having Rio jailed was even worse.
Netflix don't know when to end a show. A lot of it's original shows only need the one season, and work really well as one season. But they want to continue the story by repeating the formula. Stranger Things, 13 Reasons Why, amongst others.
New characters and similar plot would have worked better. Keep Lisbon and Angel as the investigators, and find new thieves.
I stopped watching S3 after ep2. Lisbon flipping, and the crew being ok with it, after she tried to put them all away in S2, was pathetic.

They really should have finished after S2, S3 was totally unnecessary.

I finished it over the weekend. It's not great, but worth watching all 6 eps. The last 2 eps in particular are decent. It's interesting to see how
he gets caught
I knew it was based on a true story, but didn't want to spoil the experience by looking into his history before watching the show.
i don't regret watching. thats probably the best thing i can say about it.
in the end my main problem was with the writing/plotting. it felt like a 6yr old summarising their summer holidays..."and then this happened, and then this happened, and then this happened, and then this happened". i thought it was very stilted with chunks missing that were just explained in later dialogue rather than being fleshed out.

still, its decent TV if you're into that sort of thing and don't have anything better to watch.

About to start Unbelievable - anyone given it a whirl?
Very heavy material but hands down the best show I have seen on TV this year. The young girls story is incredibly heartbreaking and the real highlight of the show is the two cop leads (Merritt Wever and Toni Collette) that will be dueling for Emmy noms.

After giving Homeland away during season 4, I saw Netflix had it (only from season 4 on) so gave it another try.

Glad I did! After the shitness of season 2 and 3, it gradually picked itself up and morphed into a damn good show. Not many shows peak 6 or 7 seasons in but yeah, really enjoyed those last few seasons.

After giving Homeland away during season 4, I saw Netflix had it (only from season 4 on) so gave it another try.

Glad I did! After the s**tness of season 2 and 3, it gradually picked itself up and morphed into a damn good show. Not many shows peak 6 or 7 seasons in but yeah, really enjoyed those last few seasons.
I stopped at the end of Season 5 after realising I was only hate-watching it by that stage.

i don't regret watching. thats probably the best thing i can say about it.
in the end my main problem was with the writing/plotting. it felt like a 6yr old summarising their summer holidays..."and then this happened, and then this happened, and then this happened, and then this happened". i thought it was very stilted with chunks missing that were just explained in later dialogue rather than being fleshed out.

still, its decent TV if you're into that sort of thing and don't have anything better to watch.
It's hard to flesh out plot lines and characters in only 6 eps though. So I cut them some slack for that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

watched the first episode of Criminal...I am disappoint.
Just came to post about this

A 1 set (mostly) limited series ( 3 episodes) set inside an interview room of a police station connected by the police characters

David Tennant is in the 1st one

Even though there were a few truck sized holes I enjoyed it

Just came to post about this

A 1 set (mostly) limited series ( 3 episodes) set inside an interview room of a police station connected by the police characters

David Tennant is in the 1st one

Even though there were a few truck sized holes I enjoyed it
its actually 12 episodes if you're up for the German, Spanish and French. subtitles will kill some of the atmosphere but i might give it a go...maybe.

second UK ep is thankfully much better than the first. mostly due to a wonderful performance from Hayley Atwell but also because the writing is better. David Tennant really didn't have much to work with.

Glad I did! After the s**tness of season 2 and 3, it gradually picked itself up and morphed into a damn good show. Not many shows peak 6 or 7 seasons in but yeah, really enjoyed those last few seasons.

The Berlin season was extraordinary Tv

Final season coming up in February

Very heavy material but hands down the best show I have seen on TV this year. The young girls story is incredibly heartbreaking and the real highlight of the show is the two cop leads (Merritt Wever and Toni Collette) that will be dueling for Emmy noms.

Just binged it today and it is breathtakingly sad, frustrating, and disturbing but ultimately brilliant and riveting TV

Check out Vulture online when u are finished because the non fictional account is equally as horrific

I've been binging the third season of Slasher the last couple of days. Great series but some of the scenes are absolutely brutal.

Between two ferns

Zach Galifianakis’s talk show sketches they kinda made a movie out of. It was pretty average but had some funny bits.

The outtakes at the end are hilarious, worth checking out alone.
I actually thought this was a funny movie and much better than I thought it would be.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back