Streaming The Netflix Thread

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

So before I decide to invest time in a potential bomb - the first couple of episodes of Snowpiercer any good?

Found the movie okay-ish, the concept was neat but the execution a bit off and some truly cringeworthy lines.
I struggle to think of how that premise could be stretched into a series. Stretching it into a 2 hour movie was pushing it...

I loved the movie but gonna pass on the series. That sort of batshit craziness would be too hard to sustain over the extended format. And it takes some serious talent to pull it off- we’ve since seen just how good the director of the original is.

Besides, the reviews are pretty bad.

So before I decide to invest time in a potential bomb - the first couple of episodes of Snowpiercer any good?

Found the movie okay-ish, the concept was neat but the execution a bit off and some truly cringeworthy lines.
i too am curiious about this.

I started it a few days ago. It's been a lot funnier than I expected given I was just looking for something easy as background noise while I work.

Half way through S3 now. Very good show, and Eugene Levy's facial expressions are top shelf.

Good Time (2017) starring Rob Pat

Damn this was a great gritty Heist/Drama/Thriller type film

Except for when RP makes out with a 14 year old (luckily she was 18 IRL)

Last edited:
Anybody who doesn’t think corruption and paedophilia exists at the highest level of government is willfully blind.
First episode - it’s insane what he got away with.
Finished it tonight, and your opinion will only be reinforced by the whole series.

On a lighter note, anyone watching/watched Ragnorak. Really enjoying it so far.

I couldn't even get through the first episode.

I'm really struggling to find a show to invest in lately. Don't want to hear the "give it 6 episodes, it gets good"... I kinda think people just get used to watching a show and then while it may get better, they've invested and feel it more. I can't struggle through that much just for an eventual payoff that is more just case of liking the show anyway and it naturally develops. If there's nothing there to grab me, I just can't sit through more.

Anyways, my Netflix sub is up, I need a reason to renew. The wife has Stan going... I struggle to find anything of interest on there, outside of just rewatching old stuff.

I need new stuff otherwise I'll just sub to Prime again and get back to watching Married With Children to fill the time. :p

Giri/Haji - A show half-set in Tokyo and half in London, about a missing member of one of the Yakuza families, whose brother (a detective) is charged with bringing him back home. I'm halfway through and the episode I just watched (Episode 4) was really fantastic. Fleshed out the back stories of a few characters and explained some of the relationships a lot more. A really unique show and I'm very intrigued how it will all wrap up.

Space Force - The trailer made me smile, but I've been burned by trailers before. Watched the first episode tonight and really enjoyed it. Steve Carrell is exactly how you'd expect him to be, playing the new four-star general in charge of Space Force to put "boots on the moon". The interplay between him and John Malkovich's character is pretty much perfect and none of the other characters look like they'll be distractingly annoying. Off to a good start, so hopefully the rest of the season is at the same level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Space Force - The trailer made me smile, but I've been burned by trailers before. Watched the first episode tonight and really enjoyed it. Steve Carrell is exactly how you'd expect him to be, playing the new four-star general in charge of Space Force to put "boots on the moon". The interplay between him and John Malkovich's character is pretty much perfect and none of the other characters look like they'll be distractingly annoying. Off to a good start, so hopefully the rest of the season is at the same level.
Boobs on the moon is what POTUS wanted though! I agree it looks promising.

Watching Schitt's creek at the moment. Only in S1, but its easy to watch and pretty funny.

I started it a few days ago. It's been a lot funnier than I expected given I was just looking for something easy as background noise while I work.

Just started as well, should have got into it sooner.

Interesting premise but the four main characters are great, Eugene Levy as the father is funny as f*** as the rest of his family are all maladjusted in their own way. I also generally like comedies with no laugh track.

Thanks for the recommendation, looking forward to catching it up.

The Epstein mini series in Netflix. It’s uncomfortable. What a piece of s**t he really was. Unbelievable how protected the guy was for so long.
Watched this today.

How corrupt were the prosecution wirh that pathetic 18 month on day release sentence freezing the victims out from having any say when there was a mountain of evidence. Should have been locked up long ago.

So Alex Acosta then gets a plumb job from Trump who had connections with Epstein.

Really hope the truth of all the predators come out for the sake of the countless victims.

Just watched the first episode of Snowpiercer. Its a different story to the movie for anyone that hasnt watched it. Its not bad but will get stale quickly I feel. Its only suited to a movie format IMO

Watched the whole series of the Last Dance today. Boy that was so good. Dare anyone to say LeBron is better then MJ after watching that. Guy was unbelievable. How he managed to still play after getting food poisoning in Utah was legend like.

Don't tell me you bought the food poisoning angle

Remove this Banner Ad

Back