Streaming The Netflix Thread

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

Have you watched the Ken Burns Vietnam war doco? It’s excellent.
Yeah it is great and I watched that after watching WW2 in color.

Watching it now, upto the 4th episode. How terrible it is to watch it, just the corruption that goes on and no chance he is the only one or one of a few. It would be going on everywhere sickening.

The people who can be bought and they don't have to answer to it, even now. Disgusting.

It's even more glaring with what's gone on the last few days/week in America. Just corruption wherever you look.

The trump relationship is striking, Clinton etc. So many rich people would be doing this all over the world and getting away with it.

I hate that so many of those who helped him, his girlfriend in particular don't have to answer for anything (from what I've seen so far)

I do find the girls frustrating as well. I know he cherry picked a lot of them due to their upbringing and poverty and they were young etc but ffs when you get offered $200 for a massage and they tell you to take your clothes off, you walk away. And you don't go and get other girls. And you definelty don't let your sister go overseas with them after you have been raped numerous times and expect they won't do the same thing to your sister.

I don't blame the girls at all for what happened to themselves but they should feel bad for recruiting other young girls. I'm not saying they are the worst of it but they do have a responsibility in this.

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

They're ******* 13-14 year old girls mate - as you say, from exploitable backgrounds. Regardless of whether they should've been smarter, they have no blame in this.

The Bill Clinton part is the worse.

A suspected sex offender.

Huge amounts of evidence that he was a constant traveling companion to Epstein...

Issues a categorical denial - which is blatantly false - and that's the end of it?

Why isn't he being investigated and held to account?

Maxwell - there is undoubtedly enough evidence to convict her of being an accessory, at the very least; why isn't she being pursued and prosecuted?

Acosta - that deal he put together for Epstein was a clear pay off, he should've been sanctioned for it

Dershowitz (or however the * you spell it) - another one who appears to have enjoyed the Epstein lifestyle; yet nothing done about it?

Results, The Invitation, Geralds Game, Win It All, Special Correspondents, Always Be My Baby, Set it up, Private Life, Midnight Special, all top class hidden gem movies as far as i am concerned. Always be my baby and Set it up are rom coms though so bare that in mind!
Cheers and Midnight Special and Win it all seem like movies that i will like after reviewing them on IMDB and i will give them a look see!

Just started the Epstein thing. Very good.

Same but all the episodes are the same. Women recounting how they were groomed as teenagers.

It's essentially police reports dressed up as entertainment. It doesn't sit well with me

Watched Space Force. It started off bad but I stuck with it and it did get better as it went on, but still never really turned into anything. Seemed a bit half-arsed at times, to be honest.

We started watching the new docuseries about Jeffry Epstein last night. Very interesting, but what a total shitbag.

Anybody who doesn’t think corruption and paedophilia exists at the highest level of government is willfully blind.
First episode - it’s insane what he got away with.

I too am viewing this show. Very uncomfortable but necessary viewing to illustrate what many already know.

Sam Newman is scathing of Clinton’s involvement. But silent on trump. I have only watched e-1 so maybe trump isn’t involved.

I too am viewing this show. Very uncomfortable but necessary viewing to illustrate what many already know.

Sam Newman is scathing of Clinton’s involvement. But silent on trump. I have only watched e-1 so maybe trump isn’t involved.
If you believe that I've got an island to sell you

That's the hideous thing about this situation

Epstein died, yet those he was with have largely skated bar Harvey

Netflix really need to sort out their subtitling issues, especially as they're trying to bring in increasingly international content and increasingly want to be taken seriously as a distributor.

That options for many of their non-English language features or series are either dubbing (which I try to avoid at all costs) or bad audio-descriptive subtitling is really disappointing and frustrating.

Netflix really need to sort out their subtitling issues, especially as they're trying to bring in increasingly international content and increasingly want to be taken seriously as a distributor.

That options for many of their non-English language features or series are either dubbing (which I try to avoid at all costs) or bad audio-descriptive subtitling is really disappointing and frustrating.

What do you by bad audio-descriptive subtitling exactly? At least sub-titles are always available on Netflix, more than you can say for some 'domestic' TV. My main criticism is that they can be a bit sparse. Often get the sense that key verbal exchanges are untranslated. But you can apply that to sub-titles in many TV shows and films. i don't know that it's particularly a Netflix thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What do you by bad audio-descriptive subtitling exactly? At least sub-titles are always available on Netflix, more than you can say for some 'domestic' TV. My main criticism is that they can be a bit sparse. Often get the sense that key verbal exchanges are untranslated. But you can apply that to sub-titles in many TV shows and films. i don't know that it's particularly a Netflix thing.
Subtitles sound easy, but can be very difficult. In every language, people speak in slang, idioms, sayings, metaphors, double meaning, innuendo, etc. These generally do not translate to other languages literally. And to translate it non literally can change the meaning.

I can see people going, how the * do you translate this into English so it makes sense. And if it isn't essential, leaving it out.

On moto g(6) plus using BigFooty.com mobile app

On the doco series front check out I am a Killer & The Innocence Project.
The former is about people serving life in prison or are on death row and why they are there, the latter about people wrongly convicted of a crime and the people helping to prove their innocence.
Both are fantastic and compelling viewing.

Just finished season 2 of Money Heist. Have really enjoyed it. Feel like it would have been great for the show to finish there but also looking forward to watching the next two seasons.
You're spot on. The first 2 seasons were excellent, and it should have ended there. I dropped it 2 eps into season 3 when it went off the rails.

I've been watching a heap of stand up on Netflix lately.

Binged all the Chappelle shows last weekend, I'd seen them all before separately at different times over the last couple of years, but just felt in a Chappelle mood last week so watched them all again. Bloke is just a genius, loved by all races, such a cool down to earth mofo. Someone you'd love to have a beer with.

I also saw the latest Seinfeld show, 23 Hours To Kill. Not bad, not his best. I also saw his previous documentary from the early 2000's called Comedian, where he gets rid of all his old material and tries to build a new act. I didn't mind Jerry in it, but Orny Adams was a pretentious twat.

Last night I watched Ronnie Chieng, not bad, a few LOL moments. For those who don't know him, he was the Asian dude in this Aussie comedy show from a few years ago.

Currently been struggling for things to watch and get into after the Last Dance finished along with every WW2 doco i have seen and HELLO Black Mirror again!

2nd time around and it is still sensational.

Gee i would love another brand new season and get on it Charlie Brooker please.
If you're into sports docos, have you seen Sunderland Till I Die?
Andre The Giant?

Watched first 2 eps of Curon (Italian series), OK so far, seems to have a supernatural theme, or something along those lines, as the town gives off weird vibes.

Set and filmed in Northern Italy, a place called Curon Venosta, near the Austrian border.

Last edited:
We watched a couple of documentaries tonight. One called The 13th which gives an amazing view of racism in the USA, very relevant given what's been going on recently.

The other was called The Voyeur, a true story of this guy who owned a motel and used to peep on the guests. He's a total sociopath and you can't really be sure he's telling the truth, but it's an interesting look at the human condition. The silent suffering of his poor wife is something to behold.

I'm with you on that. People have raved about it to me, but I didn't laugh once. It was super lame.
We found the first few eps a bit of a grind but then the show falls into this rhythm with really great characters who generate the laughs. It really is a good show once you get into it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back