Streaming The Netflix Thread

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

Unfortunately it’s on Foxtel not Netflix, but if you can chase down Mr Inbetween you will definitely have a new “best Aussie thing I’ve seen in yonks”
In defence of what was probably a fairly misleading statement, I haven't watched much Aussie tv for at least 10 years. Have been meaning to watch Mr inbetween so will check it out. Brooke satchwell in it is a bonus too.

You have to watch 'The Social Dilemma' possibly one of the most important doco's made in recent times.
I've worked in big tech for over 20 years, so the premise of the show wasn't surprising, those of us in the industry have known this has been going on for ages. It's why I've NEVER had an account on Facebook, Twitter, Insta, etc. The only social media I'm on is here and Reddit to discuss footy and media.

I do think though that it's a show everyone should watch. It's the modern day version of An Inconvenient Truth.

You have to watch 'The Social Dilemma' possibly one of the most important doco's made in recent times.
Watched this over the weekend. I knew Facebook was making money off targeted advertising and doing whatever they can to keep you on as long as possible. I'd never really considered how much power it had over controlling people's thoughts though. Scary s**t.
I wasn't a huge fan of the drama part like someone said earlier. The young girl looking in the mirror the only part that affected me. The adamance With which the social media creators wouldn‘t allow their children on social media says it all really.

Last edited:
Anyone watched Normal People on Stan?

Started of a little cringy but has built nicely at around Ep 4-5 and is quite nice to watch now

It was brilliant. The dialogue was so believable in every conversation. The chemistry between the 2 leads was electric.

Anyone watched Normal People on Stan?

Started of a little cringy but has built nicely at around Ep 4-5 and is quite nice to watch now
The Dead Ringers satire was funny.

“Awright?”

“Yeah.”

“Yeah?”

“Umm...”

“What?”

... nothing.”

Awright has becoming the UK's version of g'day, a non specific friendly greeting that you don't want to know the answer to.
You're right. I've spent the last 8 years around Brits in one way or another and even I've picked it up sometimes. I was confused in the beginning for the exact reason you meant, there is no answer except 'awright!' It's kind of like the French Ca va too.

Awright has becoming the UK's version of g'day, a non specific friendly greeting that you don't want to know the answer to.
It was when I was there 20 years ago.

“All right?” from my boss’s office when I rocked up half an hour late.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In defence of what was probably a fairly misleading statement, I haven't watched much Aussie tv for at least 10 years. Have been meaning to watch Mr inbetween so will check it out. Brooke satchwell in it is a bonus too.
Hope you didn't think my inverted commas was anything other than me literally just quoting the bit of your post that was most relevant Jack. I certainly didn't use them for any sardonic reasons, so no need to defend your post whatsoever mate. I reckon you'll love Mr Inbetween - it's very understated and Scott Ryan plays the role of Ray brilliantly. You kinda feel like you know his character, or at least someone like hi in your own orbit. And Satchwell is great too - again, a really familiar character. Sometimes I find Oz dramas tend to try too hard to be too quirky or use the screenplay to sort of consummate whatever phraseology is popular at the time, but this series just uses regular dialogue and allows the characters to intertwine accordingly. Hopefully there'll be a season 3. Enjoy.

Hope you didn't think my inverted commas was anything other than me literally just quoting the bit of your post that was most relevant Jack. I certainly didn't use them for any sardonic reasons, so no need to defend your post whatsoever mate. I reckon you'll love Mr Inbetween - it's very understated and Scott Ryan plays the role of Ray brilliantly. You kinda feel like you know his character, or at least someone like hi in your own orbit. And Satchwell is great too - again, a really familiar character. Sometimes I find Oz dramas tend to try too hard to be too quirky or use the screenplay to sort of consummate whatever phraseology is popular at the time, but this series just uses regular dialogue and allows the characters to intertwine accordingly. Hopefully there'll be a season 3. Enjoy.
I didn't take any more from your reply than a recommendation jim. Just reread what i said in your reply and realised I may have been overstating glitch, considering I've barely watched aussie tv for a long time. Looking forward to Mr Inbetween soon.

Ratched, Ryan Murphy’s new horror series is dreadful.

Two Eps and I am done

He is getting a lot of $ to make garbage
i was looking forward to this but i didn't realise it was going to be a gimmicky suspense/thriller type thing.
i'd really like someone to do her origin story but play it straight.
oh well, only 6 episodes to go and i've got feck all else to do so i guess i'll stick with it...it's not completely terrible.

i was looking forward to this but i didn't realise it was going to be a gimmicky suspense/thriller type thing.
i'd really like someone to do her origin story but play it straight.
oh well, only 6 episodes to go and i've got feck all else to do so i guess i'll stick with it...it's not completely terrible.

Go to Raised by Wolves

Even Away is better than this rubbish

Remove this Banner Ad

Back