Streaming The Netflix Thread

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

Watched Season 1 of The Society, enjoyed the series and it ended on a cliffhanger and was looking forward to Season 2 and when it might start, to find out it was cancelled because of the Corona Virus after initially been renewed for a second season, very pissed off, should of checked before investing in watching a series. Cancelling a series on a cliffhanger and unresolved storylines is very annoying.

Last edited:

Watched Season 1 of The Society, enjoyed the series and it ended on a cliffhanger and was looking forward to Season 2 and when it might start, to find out it was cancelled because of the Corona Virus after initially been renewed for a second season, very pissed off, should of checked before investing in watching a series. Cancelling a series on a cliffhanger and unresolved storylines is very annoying.

Marco Polo board

Just completed watching The Haunting of Bly Manor.

It's very different in style and theme to Hill House with Bly Manor being what they term "gothic horror/romance".

it is a slow burner that takes a few episodes to get going so you need to stick with it. It ended up being quite good but not in the same league as Hill House imho.

Still worth a watch.

Aunty Donna, a Melbourne absurdist comedy group, will be getting their own Netflix show called Aunty Donna’s Big Ol’ House of Fun. Comes out November 11, I’ve been a massive Donna fan for a couple of years now and it’s so good to see them finally get their big break. They had failed pilots with ABC and Stan but now they’re straight into the big leagues.

Aunty Donna, a Melbourne absurdist comedy group, will be getting their own Netflix show called Aunty Donna’s Big Ol’ House of Fun. Comes out November 11, I’ve been a massive Donna fan for a couple of years now and it’s so good to see them finally get their big break. They had failed pilots with ABC and Stan but now they’re straight into the big leagues.
******* yes. They are awesome, seen them live twice.

Now watching La Revolution, French Series, I would call it Historical Horror, with a touch of fantasy, it is very very loosely base on the period just before the French Revolution. Basically Noble Aristocracy start getting a disease/virus, which makes their blood turn blue, in turn results them becoming very violent and murderous

Start of the series starts with a guy getting shot a couple of times by a young girl on a horse, then she proceeds to get off the horse and beheads the guy

Last edited:
Just completed watching The Haunting of Bly Manor.

It's very different in style and theme to Hill House with Bly Manor being what they term "gothic horror/romance".

it is a slow burner that takes a few episodes to get going so you need to stick with it. It ended up being quite good but not in the same league as Hill House imho.

Still worth a watch.
Just finished, agree with you, thought they left the thread loose with the fiancee with the headlight eyes.

Just finished, agree with you, thought they left the thread loose with the fiancee with the headlight eyes.
I think the show was mainly dealing with grief. The headlights fiancé was her grief but I never quite worked out why the visions just suddenly stopped, although I guess the new relationship pushed the feelings away?

Later the lady in the lake symbolised the return of her grief?

Finished La Revolution now onto, Barbarians (German series 6 eps) is a term use by The Romans for the Germania tribes. It is set around 9 AD, with the lead up and the Battle of Teutoburg forest where Germania tribes ambushed and fought 3 Roman legions. Based on a true story, enjoying it so far.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone have a theory on the Staircase?
Yes
I attended the speaking tour in Melbourne with the lawyers from Making a Murderer and the Staircase
The theory is that she may have been attacked by an Owl and ran inside and fell over fatally killing herself. Their was forensic evidence re the feathers and scratches. (Tbh it’s 20 months since I watched it)

The Queen's Gambit. Drama about a female chess prodigy in the 60s.

Best series I've watched in a while. Anya Taylor-Joy is brilliant in this.
Have watched the first episode and loved it. Waiting for wifey and I to both be ready for the next one. My favourite chess based show of all time? Definitely in with a chance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back