Streaming The Netflix Thread

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

I have watched the final couple of episodes since my post and think they ended up covering the incompetence pretty well.

I guess it was made with people not having prior knowledge watching it and kind of made it somewhat suspenseful, then showed how badly wrong they got it at the end.

Yeah as someone who knew nothing about the case it was super annoying that one of the press guys at the end of every episode would say 'and this was the clue that cracked the case wide open!!!!!'

in b4 4 more murders in the next 6 month with the police still having NFI

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
The Dig

Carey Mulligan and Ralph Fiennes

The story of how the Sutton Hoo archaeological site was discovered. Sutton Hoo is now considered the greatest site after Stonehenge

I kept on wondering who Basil was and when I found out it was Ralph I was pleasantly surprised because I always feel when an actor can subside into a character they have done a great job

Carey Mulligan is ok (if a little young) and the rest of the cast does an adequate job. There is some controversy over minor aspects of the story but overall if you like shows like Time Team etc you will like this

9/10

JamisonRun40

Norm Smith Medallist
May 26, 2013
Nollamara, WA
AFL Club
Carlton
Probably not for those who only like fast pacing or dislike subtitles because they can’t play on their phones at the same time,, but I’ve really enjoyed a few wonderful non-English language shows lately.
Ethos - a beautifully made Turkish drama with great dialogue.and characterisation. Really subtle humour at times and an amazing insight into contemporary rural Turkish culture. Top notch single season.
Shtisel - set in an ultra orthodox Jewish community in Tel Aviv, the story of a young man and his rabbi father’s seemingly fruitless attempts to marry him off. Great side characters too. Two seasons, with a third apparently on the way.
Fauda - a kind of middle eastern version of The Shield, with unhinged Israeli cops pitched against Palestinian terrorists, which doesn’t so much blur the lines between good and bad guys as portray them all as alternating somewhere in between. Couple of seasons so far.
Unorthodox is brilliant too.

I love subititles and that is pretty much all I watch. I got through most of Shtisel and got bored with it and with Unorthdox I didn't warm to the female main character. I think she was in Shtisel as well. I might have to give Ethos a go.

Mar 7, 2009
On the Buses
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars
The Dig

Carey Mulligan and Ralph Fiennes

The story of how the Sutton Hoo archaeological site was discovered. Sutton Hoo is now considered the greatest site after Stonehenge

I kept on wondering who Basil was and when I found out it was Ralph I was pleasantly surprised because I always feel when an actor can subside into a character they have done a great job

Carey Mulligan is ok (if a little young) and the rest of the cast does an adequate job. There is some controversy over minor aspects of the story but overall if you like shows like Time Team etc you will like this

9/10
Yeah, have to agree. This is a very good movie.

I noticed Superstore is No 3 on the Netflix Top 10 tonight. I guess not everyone has a stick up their butt over this show. LOL.

Jan 14, 2002
AFL Club
Richmond
I love subititles and that is pretty much all I watch. I got through most of Shtisel and got bored with it and with Unorthdox I didn't warm to the female main character. I think she was in Shtisel as well. I might have to give Ethos a go.
Yep, fair enough Jam. Ethos has got some really subtle humour embedded throughout, such as the way characters (might be an idiosyncratically Turkish thing, I don't know?) seem to strategically sidestep answering questions that they don't like their own answer to. I'll be interested to hear what you reckon afters.

Watched outside the Wire cause I saw a Guardian review that gave it three stars, which is pretty good given it's not really a Guardian type movie. But I don't think it knew what it wanted to be, not even sure it knew what message it wanted to convey. Just all over the shop and even got a bit boring towards the end. interesting premise but didn't know what to do with it.
It was a mess and the last act was diabolically bad, considering the main character’s trait within the story was that in order to save others there will be some collateral damage.

To then have the last act as “before we stop this missile from nuking New York, we better make sure our one guy is clear of the site!!” 🙄

Catsnlakers

Even Hank Moody is in awe of Geelong!
Oct 2, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
L.A Angels, Anaheim Ducks & M.Stars
Loving “Easy” atm, quite funny & something different every episode.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dockerjonz

Club Legend
May 27, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Benfica,Canucks
Dunno why now but "team foxcatcher" (2016)came up on my feed
Enjoyed it but wow what an entitled piece of s**t du pont was

blueboy25

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 14, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
West Perth, Tottenham
Just finished watching Delhi Crime (7 episodes) about a gang rape case on a bus.

I enjoyed it but it was hard watching in some parts.

🤔 hmmmm idk if I can do it. It’s distracting. I will give it a go
Yeah try not to focus on their mouths. I find it less distracting than having to read subtitles when I miss what's going on visually.

Caesar

Ex-Huckleberry
Mar 3, 2005
Tombstone, AZ
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I have started watching Lupin. It's really really good so far. Don't let the relative lack of big name acting talent, it feels original and a breath of fresh air, partly because it is French.

Well worth giving it a try.
Omar Sy is a pretty big name in French cinema - he won a Cesar for Intouchables

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2006
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
It was a mess and the last act was diabolically bad, considering the main character’s trait within the story was that in order to save others there will be some collateral damage.

To then have the last act as “before we stop this missile from nuking New York, we better make sure our one guy is clear of the site!!” 🙄

Absolute shite.

I don't know what was worse, this, or "The Midnight Sky" George Clooney movie.

Both are so blatantly crap that they're an insult to the viewer.

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
We watched the Hotel Cecil docu-series and found it a bit of a chore in the end. It's an interesting case but the credibility given to a lot of internet wackjobs grew tiresome.
First two eps were good and then it went downhill a bit.

The bird was definitely a bit of a space cadet though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back