Streaming The Netflix Thread

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

Not a big car guy but I'm really enjoying Rust Valley Restorers.
I love this show mostly because the main two guys are such characters. Their restorations are not the best I've seen though. There's another show on Netflix called Car Masters: Rust to Riches that's worth a look too. They do some jaw-dropping restorations, and the female mechanic is worth a look too.

I love this show mostly because the main two guys are such characters. Their restorations are not the best I've seen though. There's another show on Netflix called Car Masters: Rust to Riches that's worth a look too. They do some jaw-dropping restorations, and the female mechanic is worth a look too.
Gotham Garage (Car Masters) definitely leans towards the higher end of restorations and from memory it wasn't a bad watch.

Rust Valley is fun, but the "if we don't get this out the door, the business is going bust!" type schtick can get a bit annoying.
Avery is a lunatic and it's amusing to see how crude they can be at times, like pouring fuel straight into the carbaretter to see if the engine runs.
They don't show a whole lot of the restoration work unfortunately, so it can go from wreck in one scene to wah hey! All fixed the next.

Yeah like Netflix isn't paying the bills.

Wheeler Dealers was the best one of those shows I've seen.
Wheeler Dealers is great or at least was until they ditched Edd China.
Mike became extra annoying in the last few series with Ant Anstead, with the try hard buddy humour.
Ant himself was pretty good though.
The show is moving back to the UK apparently with a different mechanic.
Definitely much better for those looking for a more in depth look at repair work.

It would be interesting to see what sort of deals these garages actually get from Netflix and others.
Filming must take up a fair chunk of time, so I imagine regular business must be scaled back a bit.

Wheeler Dealers is great or at least was until they ditched Edd China.
Mike became extra annoying in the last few series with Ant Anstead, with the try hard buddy humour.
Ant himself was pretty good though.
The show is moving back to the UK apparently with a different mechanic.
Definitely much better for those looking for a more in depth look at repair work.

It would be interesting to see what sort of deals these garages actually get from Netflix and others.
Filming must take up a fair chunk of time, so I imagine regular business must be scaled back a bit.
Quite like the show
Except for Mike
Screws you down even when he thinks its already cheap

Then the slap my had lets make a deal now BS

But the cars and China are/were good

We are getting screwed for second hand cars in Australia

Its all on FTA on 9 Rush you dont need netflix to see it

I have seen neither but am a dirty old man. Which one has best scenery?
Car Masters: Rust to Riches has Constance Nunes. She's a mechanic.

constance-nunes-april-5-feature.jpg

Murder Among Mormons

3 parter about bombings and other shenanigans in Salt Lake city in the 80s

Not bad - you think you know something then it twists until they turn it back again

I did spot the main element early but got lost enough to forget it

7/10

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WOW, the Seaspiracy documentary is a real eye-opener. Human greed is truly going to kill us all.

Watched this last night - a real eye-opener I agree but perhaps covered a few too many topics briefly when I would have liked a few more covered in detail. Didn't realise the absolutely horrendous wastage that goes on in the fishing indstury.

Now the wife doesn't want to eat seafood any more :( - sushi is still ok right?

WOW, the Seaspiracy documentary is a real eye-opener. Human greed is truly going to kill us all.

I watched something a while ago that said the collapse of the oceans is as bigger threat to humanity as global warming - and much more likely to happen soo.

Only bad thing about that doco was the guy doing it, insufferable prick, and the way he interviewed/approach people was woeful.

How the flying flip does Netflix lose Arrested Development after bringing the show back as a NETFLIX EXCLUSIVE???
Yeah, saw it pop up on my disney. Wtf is what went through my head. Then about the same time heard Jessica walter passed away (RIP) so no new AD either.

Are the Netflix seasons on Disney as well?

Yeah, saw it pop up on my disney. Wtf is what went through my head. Then about the same time heard Jessica walter passed away (RIP) so no new AD either.

Are the Netflix seasons on Disney as well?
I see it as a positive as only three seasons are on there and that’s how I want to remember the show

Remove this Banner Ad

Back