Streaming The Netflix Thread

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

Just started watching the comedy series The Kaminski Method starring Michael Douglas.

Its the funniest thing ive seen in ages. Reminds me of the movie Grumpy Old Men, except the writing in this Netflix series is much better. My father put me on to it and im usually skeptical about his recommendations, but i watched 6 episodes of Season 1 before going to bed. Couldnt stop clicking on next episode hehe. Just beginning season 3 now.
Season 3 was a bit of a downer but yeah overall I enjoyed it a lot.

Smashed through Ragnarok season 1/2 over the weekend (saving Lupin)

Forget everything you watched in the Marvel Universe - its hard but do it

This is a Norwegian production on the origin of the Norse legends around Thor , Odin and Loki battling Giants - but set in modern day Norway

Different - and divorcing the mind from MCU did take a few episodes - but ultimately a good way to go back to basics

I watched in Norwegian with English subtitles

Cant wait for season 3

There's a show I've been watching on Netflix called Fresh, Fried, & Crispy with this black dude going around and tasting a whole bunch of food all cooked in the deep fry. I'm not saying this show is great TV, but just for the sheer absurdity of some of these meals and watching a fat black man eat his way to type 2 diabetes and a heart attack makes the show kinda compelling.

finished line of duty which was sensational, gave Bosch a crack and couldn't get into it really, then just watched Lupin ep 1 which was hot garbage...in need of a new crime show

Hopefully dubbed like the first one.

Both but you are a philistine if you watch it dubbed.

I don't think season 2 was as good as season 1

too much focus on getting back at the bad guy - not enough on quirky thievery - hopefully moves back to the later in S3

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Both but you are a philistine if you watch it dubbed.

I don't think season 2 was as good as season 1

too much focus on getting back at the bad guy - not enough on quirky thievery - hopefully moves back to the later in S3
Judgey wudgey. If I want to read a book I'll read a book. The dubbing allows me to watch people's faces and expressions and the action. It's also a lot better these days than chop suey flicks from the 80s.

Agree season 1 was better.

pretty lame the bit where he saw the kids on the street with their app and decided to dash home quickly to create a voice modulation program to emulate pellegrinis voice before nipping back to the hotel in a big black van all in the space of what 30 minutes tops? Lol

Sweet tooth

Watched Ep 1 and half of Ep 2

idk…is it a kids show? Wat is this ?
Can't bring myself to watch it. Looks like bollocks.
Its certainly different

I wasnt sure about it and to be fair it has a lot of issues but its a different take on viruses and how societies can break down if not controlled

It would be more suitable for kids but there are some themes and scenes which are not

Finished Lupin

French language English subtitles

Its predictable in how it will end - and thats fine - its the journey there that is interesting

Good acting and a good premise - it has that 'ok we know he wins in the end but how' feel - and we get paid off

I really enjoyed season 1, largely due to Omar's charisma I imagine. I was feeling a bit let down by season 2, too many convenient plot holes in favour of Assane, but then I come to the conclusion that it's basically a fairytale and I enjoyed it for what it is. It's wholesome and fun.

We watched 'Tokyo Trial' which was about the war crimes trial of Japanese leaders after WW2. This is a very cerebral type show based on the international jurists selected to judge the trial. An Aussie justice, Sir William Web, headed the panel of judges. It cleverly incorporates actual footage of the trial into the story so the Japanese war criminals are in essence played by themselves. I found it a very interesting show with some fine acting performances by all involved. An interesting insight not only into the crimes committed by the Japanese during WW2 (many of which we well know) but the reasons why the Japanese got involved in the war in 1941, and how unstable the politics of Japan was at that time.

Tenet

Not having watched this I was looking forward to this as some of the chatter was good

Due to the timey wimey nature of it it can be a difficult watch but a line 3/4 of the way through is the motto of this movie ''dont think of time in a linear way''

Any rewatch will be with this in mind. Some of the reversals were easy to spot but it didnt detract

The spy stuff reminded me of a Charles McCarry Paul Christopher novel ( and I was tickled pink to google nolan and mccarry and have that confirmed)

Any rewatch will be with this in mind

8/10

Remove this Banner Ad

Back