Streaming The Netflix Thread

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

They have sweet FA Dolby Atmos content. it'll only be in the 4K movies and apparently, the Dolby Atmos logo will be in the description. But I'm yet to see it.
So it’s not just me. I have a Sonos sound bar and am trying to test some Dolby atmos content on it. I even upgraded my Netflix subscription. There is plenty of 4K content but have yet to see any Dolby atmos as you said.

Binged through the Billion Dollar Code last night. Thought I'd start with just ep1 but plowed through all of it. This is up my alley because I work in tech, it's based on a true story about Google stealing the code from a German startup to create Google Earth (although not a totally accurate depiction according to Wikipedia). I quite enjoyed it.

Binged through the Billion Dollar Code last night. Thought I'd start with just ep1 but plowed through all of it. This is up my alley because I work in tech, it's based on a true story about Google stealing the code from a German startup to create Google Earth (although not a totally accurate depiction according to Wikipedia). I quite enjoyed it.
Yeah, I binged it last week and really enjoyed it too, although it's made me feel guilty for using so many of Google's applications over the years. As they say, if you're not paying for the product, you are the product.

Yeah, I binged it last week and really enjoyed it too, although it's made me feel guilty for using so many of Google's applications over the years. As they say, if you're not paying for the product, you are the product.
No surprise that they got rid of their "Don't be evil" mantra a few years ago. Can't even look themselves in the mirror any more.

Even before I saw the show I'd started weening myself off Google. e.g I use DuckDuckGo for search now because it's private and unfiltered, as opposed to Google search which only returns what they want you to see.

Liberator... top notch WW2 story, seriously worth a watch.

It is live action painted over film obviously due to budget, artistic constraints, really good way to spend 4 hours, great pay off.
I’ve seen this one as well, not bad at all. Took me a while to get used to the effects.

Last edited:
I am not sure if anyone has read the books or if the TV show has diverged but him being able to somehow crawl out of these situations continually after 3 is a bit absurd.
I've not read them, but how fake the show has become is ridiculous.

He wears his invisible hat and nobody sees a thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Inside Job, sort of a lightweight Rick & Morty. Funny so far two episodes in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back