Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 7, 2009
On the Buses
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars
I thought it'd be good to have a thread dedicated to talking about shows you're watching on Netflix at the moment, but don't really want to start a whole thread about. A general discussion thread for ANY show on Netflix, not just ones made for the channel.

I'll start off with a new show called 'Sex Education" about a teen who starts giving sex advice to his high school colleagues because his mother (Gillian Anderson) is a sex therapist and he knows a lot about the subject. The irony of a virgin 15yo giving sex advice is priceless, and the show is very funny, and really isn't shy of showing the nitty gritty of teenage love and sex and it's problems. The characters are on the money, from the weird sex therapist mother, to the gay best friend, to the crush. I highly recommend this one.

Anything got your interest on Netflix currently?

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Yeh well don't want to be the rain on Blakey's Parade but I watched 2 Episodes ^^….unfunny, cringy and I turned it off.

On Netflix in general, more does not mean quality, once you could turn into a Netflix tagged program and were guaranteed a hit.

Getting less and less

Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Been watching a few recently. Good idea for a thread.

Finished from Rust to Riches. Car show where they start off with a rust bucket, do it up and eventually trade there way up to a 6 figure car. If you’re into cars, I’d say you’d like it. Also, the chick mechanic is smoking.

Blue Planet - absolutely love watching nature shows. Just seeing animals in their natural habitat is great.

Mar 7, 2009
On the Buses
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars
Yeh well don't want to be the rain on Blakey's Parade but I watched 2 Episodes ^^….unfunny, cringy and I turned it off.

On Netflix in general, more does not mean quality, once you could turn into a Netflix tagged program and were guaranteed a hit.

Getting less and less
That's cool, we don't always like the same things Gasometer. I find the show really engaging, and funny. The soundtrack is amazing too.

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
My fave F is For Family is from Season 1 when they got the Colour TV

Now being 50 years old I remember too well the drama of getting a new Colour Tv and then the new VCR and the stress of not breaking the new stuff

It was an episode I was splitting my sides over such was how I related to it..liquid gold

raskolnikov

Cancelled
10k Posts 30k Posts Wordler Werewolf Player Essendon Player Sponsor 2021 - Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti and Archie Perkins Essendon Player Sponsor 2020 Essendon Player Sponsor 2019 Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds
Apr 1, 2002
Cap Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns
I've finished it but Bates Motel was brilliant. As was The Haunting of Hill House.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

raskolnikov

Cancelled
10k Posts 30k Posts Wordler Werewolf Player Essendon Player Sponsor 2021 - Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti and Archie Perkins Essendon Player Sponsor 2020 Essendon Player Sponsor 2019 Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds
Apr 1, 2002
Cap Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns
Got that on my list. Has Bates Motel finished as a show or is there more seasons to come?

Finished. Had a different ending to what I expected but a good one.

Can I get subtitles for this?
So the sensor board has final say over any film or television produced in India. Anything that is anti-national, or includes nudity, swearing, etc doesn’t get the okay. But apparently “the male gaze” is fine. They’ve tried to ban Pakistani actors as well.

So it’s good to see some of this material from household Indian names and shows some progression in the material we see.

Probably doesn’t explain it the best. But I tried. Try googling for more info.

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon

Getting less and less

People are also conflating Netflix original programming ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_original_programs_distributed_by_Netflix#Original_programming ) with shows that happen to be available on Netflix. Erroneously calling something "a Netflix show" has become a bugbear of mine.

Bates Motel

Star Trek TOS

Danny Dyer’s Deadliest Men

Blue Planet

None of these were made for Netflix.

raskolnikov

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2002
Cap Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns
People are also conflating Netflix original programming ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_original_programs_distributed_by_Netflix#Original_programming ) with shows that happen to be available on Netflix. Erroneously calling something "a Netflix show" has become a bugbear of mine.

Sorry. I can't find where I said that it was. The question was, "What are you watching on Netflix?" not, "What shows produced by Netflix are you watching?".

Mar 7, 2009
On the Buses
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars

I'm not conflating anything, I have never called Star Trek TOS a netflix show. It just so happens I'm watching it on Netflix at the moment. The purpose of this thread was not just to discuss movies or series made for Netflix, but to talk about ANY program you might currently be watching on the streaming service whether they made it or not. Got it? :rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back