Hinkley29

Premiership Player
Jan 25, 2008
the heart of darkness
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
StL Cards, THFC, South Sydney
Excuse me if this has been covered elsewhere, but can someone please explain to me how the new “6-6-6” field position rules are going to work this year?

I haven’t been able to find anywhere that definitively spells out how the new rules are going to be implemented, so if someone who is in the know could explain them that would be great.

Once we have figured out what the new rules actually are, I would also be keen to get people’s thoughts on how they think the new rules are going to impact general style of play and the Cats in particular.

Thanks in advance.

Looking forward to Kolo spending the entire season starting on a wing and immediately sprinting back to CHB as the ball is bounced, regardless of outcome.

Haha, F**k that'd be awesome.
Hey, I've been listening to the Bruce book in the car today. He actually reads it!
He's really good at it too.
It’s really good. What a life. His gig in Serbia is an amazing chapter.
They should get ozzy to read a book about himself lol.
Every other minute “Sharon.... SHARON....do you remember? ..... Sharon I don’t know how to turn this thing on. .... SHARON.... is it on”?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Excuse me if this has been covered elsewhere, but can someone please explain to me how the new “6-6-6” field position rules are going to work this year?

I haven’t been able to find anywhere that definitively spells out how the new rules are going to be implemented, so if someone who is in the know could explain them that would be great.

Once we have figured out what the new rules actually are, I would also be keen to get people’s thoughts on how they think the new rules are going to impact general style of play and the Cats in particular.

Thanks in advance.

This is a good read:

https://themongrelpunt.com/afl/2018...isses-of-the-afl-rule-changes?rq=the hits and

The 6-6-6 will really only have much of an impact on the end of tight games by preventing big floods from a centre bounce. So if you win the clearance you can go straight into attack reasonably well, but I'm sure if there's a delay the opposition will be streaming back regardless.

It's a pretty lame rule, but that's about par for the course where the AFL are concerned.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back