Mega Thread The new Bucks mega-thread. It's Official. 2 Year Deal for Bucks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have decided what we need is an undead version of me. At least one you can crochet. I think crochet beats crotchety any day.

View attachment 467820

After all, crochet features heavily in the little known but important football relevant work by Sun Tzu

Art of War II - Crafts of War.

And we need a bit of Sun Tzu to get through the year.

Be extremely subtle, even to the point of formlessness

Be mysterious, even to the point of soundlessness

And only use pure wool yarn.

What, you thought I was talking about football? s**t you gullible bunch of knobjockeys...

- Sun Tzu, Art of War II, Crafts of War, Chapter 2 - Forward Press and other fabric care options

Brilliant post - need more of this and less from those who know everything about recruiting, game plan, inside mids, outside runners and switching to the fat side!

Brilliant post - need more of this and less from those who know everything about recruiting, game plan, inside mids, outside runners and switching to the fat side!

My only gameplan is 4-4-2

knit 4 purl 4 drop 2

Do you think if mm had have accepted his agreed job and nurtured the club we would have performed better

Darky he's not a *ing robot! How would you feel if the club just decided to pass you on and enforced a wedge between you and your playing group? FMD wake up and smell the coffee!

The players didn't want it, MM didn't want it, we were on our way to a premiership - why the f*** fix something that does not need fixing?!

FMD this club is so *ing frustrating.......................... what could've been.

Both of them had a huge advantage that current coaches/clubs DO NOT.
Public scrutiny in all its forms was far less than today - so players got away with alot more - which is something Swanny has also said repeatedly.

So you cannot get away with slack discipline of the past, in todays version of the AFL.

Both would take a far stricter view on discipline today if they were coaching.

IMHO 2010 to 2018 "discipline" or "culture" is hard to argue that it is noticeably different. That would be folly! Have a look around; the current footy "culture" is hardly if any different to our flag year

upload_2018-3-11_9-36-28.png
Memo Nathan - please use direct, simple language. You have thousands of interactions (using tens of thousands of words) with the group and individuals throughout the season. Keep your message simple, plain and direct. If you can use fewer words in each interaction (multiplied over the season), you will communicate more effectively.

In the above just say "Jamie is not available"... for Rd 1

View attachment 468386
Memo Nathan - please use direct, simple language. You have thousands of interactions (using tens of thousands of words) with the group and individuals throughout the season. Keep your message simple, plain and direct. If you can use fewer words in each interaction (multiplied over the season), you will communicate more effectively.

In the above just say "Jamie is not available"... for Rd 1
Nathan maybe didn’t get the memo from the wiser scribes:

Only use simple words.

Heaven forbid he mixes it up a bit.

View attachment 468386
Memo Nathan - please use direct, simple language. You have thousands of interactions (using tens of thousands of words) with the group and individuals throughout the season. Keep your message simple, plain and direct. If you can use fewer words in each interaction (multiplied over the season), you will communicate more effectively. In the above just say "Jamie is not available"... for Rd 1

You need a more compelling example than Nathan using the verb 'project'

Your post was more complex than Nathan's language and BF has an average IQ of 84.7*

*ex-Ottoman it's 87.2

Last edited:
Your post was more complex than Nathan's language and BF has an average IQ of 84.7*
*ex-@Ottoman it's 87.2
The verb used was "projecting" not project. Agreed it was a small example but it might illustrate a larger problem - other more eloquent writers than I have referred to this issue in other forums. If a group's IQ is somewhat "challenged" - all the more reason to use the simplest language and the fewest number of words possible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tell me about it - players must wonder wtf he is on about sometimes - pity because if he has good ideas they will be diluted if he talks crappy jargon to the players (and assistant coaches)
You do know, he’s just feeding the chooks.

Press conferences are just a thing coaches must go through.
Leigh Matthews used to say it’s the fifth quarter.

I think it’s a bit simpler to the players.

I don’t mind when coaches feed the chooks. The most bizarre chook feeder was Kevin Sheedy ofcourse.

You do know, he’s just feeding the chooks.
Press conferences are just a thing coaches must go through.
Leigh Matthews used to say it’s the fifth quarter.
I think it’s a bit simpler to the players. I don’t mind when coaches feed the chooks. The most bizarre chook feeder was Kevin Sheedy ofcourse.
Great, if Bucks confuses the press and keeps it simple for the players - almost the perfect combo...

Great, if Bucks confuses the press and keeps it simple for the players - almost the perfect combo...
I’m sure there’s a bit of that.

It’s a bit of fun. As the media are not our friends.

Here chooky chooky here chooky chooky

The verb used was "projecting" not project. Agreed it was a small example but it might illustrate a larger problem - other more eloquent writers than I have referred to this issue in other forums. If a group's IQ is somewhat "challenged" - all the more reason to use the simplest language and the fewest number of words possible.

'Project' and 'projecting' are the same verb; Nathan is simply using the continuous tense 'projecting'

This is correct because action is contemporaneous with speech (ie Jamie's future is being assessed and Buck's is talking about Jamie's future)

Get on the Buck's linguistics bus!

*ex-@Ottoman it's 87.2
And BenBlacknwhite 158
And SamBalacknWhite 47.3

If Nathan talks in convoluted circles to the press, no probs... just keep it simple for the players

Leonardo da Vinci - "Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication"...
Leo da Vin was brilliant.
So many talents.

And he nailed that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back