Mega Thread The new Bucks mega-thread. It's Official. 2 Year Deal for Bucks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is your answer Surfer 1. Thanks Maggie5. No need to count the other threads the numbers don't lie.

I absolutely make no beg pardons. In my humble opinion, McGuire is an outdated President who is a genuine threat to the current and future well being and relevance of the CFC. Buckley is his tool who the vast majority of supporters live vicariously through.

In view of this, again in my humble opinion, all other matters related to CFC are of little consequence and importance. And I have been saying this for 6 years, yes ad nauseum.

I wan't what's good for the CFC. These men and their minions are not. Thus far, with all due respect, I think the body of evidence is in my favour (unfortuneately).
No thanks need, I was only pointing out your negative obsession with all things Buckley!
You wanting whats good for CFC? Firstly you are assuming incorrectly that you know what this is.
When I see your posts I have a mental image of this:
d418cdb62ac25ef0ed4a7dfcccd83cb1--unknown-quotes-striders.jpg

True I have no idea. And thanks for clearing it up that you meant me. I didn't see that coming.

After all, I am only that clown who publicly stated back in 2011 that Malthouse had better win back to back as the appointment of Buckley, as senior coach, will put the club back a decade "on field". But I have no idea. Mind you, I don't vicariously live my life through past champion players, do you?

Thus far we have only experienced 6 years of regression - year after year. So at some time, the regression should stop, particularly when you hit rock bottom. And therefore, my decade forecast may prove to be a little of the mark. But our boy Bucks has 2 more more years to further validate my prediction. He has done fine job thus far, the dear fellow.
Its a bit like the Boy who Cried Wolf, eventually everyone will stop listening to you and you will just slither away

Your username and posting history are solely directed at attacking Ed and Buckley. You have no balance to your views and no history to add context. You have no credibility.

Amongst many friends and associates but certainly not on a specific blog site back in 2011. So because I have limited history on this blog site does that mean my position, albeit correct, lacks credibility? Further, to establish credibilty and balance, am I required to write nice fluffy flowery stuff about McGuire and Buckley prior to questioning their bona fides and performance in their current roles? Must pass that one by my boss.

And while you're at it, would you be so kind as to answer my earlier questions if you have the time. In an earlier effort to establish a degree of respectful rapport, I am genuinely interested in your responses. Because I for one cannot understand how anyone in a high performance professional sporting or any business related environment can still be rewarded with further employment after some 6 years of regression. It really is beyond my comprehension. Please enlighten me.

Amongst many friends and associates but certainly not on a specific blog site back in 2011. So because I have limited history on this blog site does that mean my position, albeit correct, lacks credibility? Further, to establish credibilty and balance, am I required to write nice fluffy flowery stuff about McGuire and Buckley prior to questioning their bona fides and performance in their current roles? Must pass that one by my boss.

And while you're at it, would you be so kind as to answer my earlier questions if you have the time. In an earlier effort to establish a degree of respectful rapport, I am genuinely interested in your responses. Because I for one cannot understand how anyone in a high performance professional sporting or any business related environment can still be rewarded with further employment after some 6 years of regression. It really is beyond my comprehension. Please enlighten me.
As I said earlier, there is no balance to your posting. You have chosen a username to match your view of the club and have stated the same opinion over and over. Your description of this site as a blog demonstrates to me that you see it primarily as a soapbox. Its actually a discussion forum that provides people with an opportunity to have conversations about a range of topics.
You are entitled to your views but I won't be engaging with you further because you have no capacity for discussion.

As I said earlier, there is no balance to your posting. You have chosen a username to match your view of the club and have stated the same opinion over and over. Your description of this site as a blog demonstrates to me that you see it primarily as a soapbox. Its actually a discussion forum that provides people with an opportunity to have conversations about a range of topics.
You are entitled to your views but I won't be engaging with you further because you have no capacity for discussion.

Oooh! I feel like that naughty little school boy.

By the way, for future reference and cordiality, if it's not a blog site, what the hell do you call it? I'm not the most technically savvy out there. I also don't take myself overly seriously.

And as I thought, I have yet to have this question satisfactorily answered by anyone whether they be on a blog site (sorry can't think of another word) or not.

Anyone out there please? It's really quite simple - How does a bloke operating in a high performance environment continue in the role after 6 years of regression?

When Bucks was re-signed and this new thread created, it raced to 70 pages in no time at all. There was much wailing and gnashing of teeth.
Since then it has spluttered along another ten pages or so. Whether people agree with the decision or not, most accept it as reality and understand there is no point continuing to rant. Only a few keyboard heroes are left to maintain the rage.

When Bucks was re-signed and this new thread created, it raced to 70 pages in no time at all. There was much wailing and gnashing of teeth.
Since then it has spluttered along another ten pages or so. Whether people agree with the decision or not, most accept it as reality and understand there is no point continuing to rant. Only a few keyboard heroes are left to maintain the rage.
But it is a magnificent rage - pure and shining through the gloom. Reminds me of teh great centre half back Don Quixote ;)

If nothing else, I am a magnanimous individual.

On further thought, it is time to quell the rage and look to identify the positives of the past 4 years. Personally, I have identified 2 positives that immediately come to mind:

(i) No finals related stress. Over the past 4 years, it really has been quite relaxing not having to worry about losing let alone being in finals matches.
(ii) The golf handicap has reduced considerably into single figures.

Anyone out there please? It's really quite simple - How does a bloke operating in a high performance environment continue in the role after 6 years of regression?
You know that is an interesting question that I too asked of a person whose name you won't let me mention but I often asked the same question in the 7th year, then the 8th year and also the 9th year. Finally the club decided to act and after 10 years we won the GF.

Don't think it will take 10 years this time before the club acts again, only have to wait 1 year or 2 at the most.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If nothing else, I am a magnanimous individual.

On further thought, it is time to quell the rage and look to identify the positives of the past 4 years. Personally, I have identified 2 positives that immediately come to mind:

(i) No finals related stress. Over the past 4 years, it really has been quite relaxing not having to worry about losing let alone being in finals matches.
(ii) The golf handicap has reduced considerably into single figures.
For some reason I pictured you as a fisherman.

Th
You know that is an interesting question that I too asked of a person whose name you won't let me mention but I often asked the same question in the 7th year, then the 8th year and also the 9th year. Finally the club decided to act and after 10 years we won the GF.

Don't think it will take 10 years this time before the club acts again, only have to wait 1 year or 2 at the most.
The difference there was that we did not regress for every year of those 9 years. We actually showed improvement for two periods of time.
Finished 15th, 9th, GF, GF. in the first stint, then 14th, 15th, 7th, 3rd in the second stint..
So, after the second year, there was no reason look at changing coaches. Only after the 9th season, people started asking questions.

Compared to? 4th, 6th, 11th, 12th, 12th, 13th.
My take is that if we appointed, say, Voss as coach in place of Buckley, and the results were the same as Buckleys, the supporters would be feral, and burning down the Westpac centre if the board re-appointed him for a further 2 years.
Interesting how a name changes perceptions.
Just saying..

Nice try Maggie (by the way are you a guy or a gal, not that it matters mind you?)

And by the way I have no alliance to Mathouse. Just cos I have serious misgivings regarding Buckley the man manger does that make me a Malthouse sychophant.

Nice try Maggie (by the way are you a guy or a gal, not that it matters mind you?)

And by the way I have no alliance to Mathouse. Just cos I have serious misgivings regarding Buckley the man manger does that make me a Malthouse sychophant.
You know HMC you make logical points and have a good command of the English Language. You don't bite and you try to be civil. I will give you credit for all that, for me however I am so over the rhetoric and endless discussion about Bucks. Everything that can be said has been said. I would rather read about our players or the upcoming trade or draft. So This will be my last post in this thread.

If you feel the need to keep on bearing the drum go ahead.

Oooh! I feel like that naughty little school boy.

By the way, for future reference and cordiality, if it's not a blog site, what the hell do you call it? I'm not the most technically savvy out there. I also don't take myself overly seriously.

And as I thought, I have yet to have this question satisfactorily answered by anyone whether they be on a blog site (sorry can't think of another word) or not.

A blog is an online diary or "Web Log" which is what was shortened to "blog" (See Lumumba's diatribe for example). This is an online forum and the reason why nobody is answering your question is because it has been discussed, argued and picked apart by both sides for over 500 pages to the point that we can't be bothered debating it anymore. To put it simply, the horse has been flogged into a fine mist and we have moved on.

it has been discussed, argued and picked apart by both sides for over 500 pages to the point that we can't be bothered debating it anymore.
Very fine point you make J84.
Help My Club if you want to kill some time, (and possibly some brain cells) type Buckley in the search box in the top right corner.
Please ensure you select 'search titles only' otherwise you'll be in a world of pain.
Enjoy.

A blog is an online diary or "Web Log" which is what was shortened to "blog" (See Lumumba's diatribe for example). This is an online forum and the reason why nobody is answering your question is because it has been discussed, argued and picked apart by both sides for over 500 pages to the point that we can't be bothered debating it anymore. To put it simply, the horse has been flogged into a fine mist and we have moved on.

Very fine point you make J84.
Help My Club if you want to kill some time, (and possibly some brain cells) type Buckley in the search box in the top right corner.
Please ensure you select 'search titles only' otherwise you'll be in a world of pain.
Enjoy.

To be honest gents, this is what happens when I'm not playing golf which is the norm on a Sunday. So I guess you've copped it a bit today. Apologies. After all most of you blokes (and women) seem like standup people. Most of you!

Wasn't trying anything. Unlike you, just giving you facts, not thoughts, wishes etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back