Mega Thread The new Bucks mega-thread. It's Official. 2 Year Deal for Bucks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bucks still coaching, hasn’t failed yet, just hasn’t succeeded - easy big fella!
Yes, fair point. Let's just say I think it's more likely than not Buckley will fail.

Roos? Worsfold?
Beveridge?

Beveridge? Played 31 games in three years before being traded. Not exactly a favourite son or top player.

I thought laidley was ok considering being under resourced, worst facilities, and constant question on if they were going to fold, relocate etc

You mean the same facilities and resources Brad Scott has had?

My take is that if we appointed, say, Voss as coach in place of Buckley, and the results were the same as Buckleys, the supporters would be feral, and burning down the Westpac centre if the board re-appointed him for a further 2 years.
Interesting how a name changes perceptions.
Just saying..
Might have regressed as you see it but have had a huge turnover in players and you know what else? The world doesn't stand still, other clubs improve.
Further, I think that Buckley can coach.

I have been trying to figure out why Buckley was given a 2 yr contract.. still scratch my head as to how McGuire and Buckley have gotten away with it and no one has kicked a stink. Unbelievable the life we live in. All f politics!

Yes if you were out of the country for the past cupla months and came back to this news, you would be excused for thinking - how the * did they do it? But do it they did.

It's pretty obvious how they got away with it. I don't need to extend on this.

If Houdini was alive, he would be mighty proud of these 2 fellows. It could be argued that selling the extension was their best performance for 2017.

Yes if you were out of the country for the past cupla months and came back to this news, you would be excused for thinking - how the **** did they do it? But do it they did.

It's pretty obvious how they got away with it. I don't need to extend on this.

If Houdini was alive, he would be mighty proud of these 2 fellows. It could be argued that selling the extension was their best performance for 2017.

Funny thing is this.. 'it was a s**t performance'. And they still got away with it. It's like they lost at marbles.. but went home with more marbles that they started with. Incredible.

I have been trying to figure out why Buckley was given a 2 yr contract.. still scratch my head as to how McGuire and Buckley have gotten away with it and no one has kicked a stink. Unbelievable the life we live in. All f politics!
You won't figure it out because you are biased, and you won't ever accept it because you married yourself to the result and didn't get the one you wanted... so like all Buckley haters who are really just frustrated supporters who need a figurehead like Bucks or Ed to focus their frustrations on you won't even concede if he wins a flag... so try to handle yourself with a little more dignity because there's nothing worse than a sore loser that keeps whining long after he lost.

All the talk of how Buckley "tore apart the youngest premiership side in x years" (which had actually hit its peak already) and such, is anyone paying attention to what's happening at the kennel? Beveridge is a mad man - dumping players and leading a list with minimal upside. The comparisons to Hawthorn 2008 are laughable, they won't get near the flag again.

Won't hear the media talk about this though.

All the talk of how Buckley "tore apart the youngest premiership side in x years" (which had actually hit its peak already) and such, is anyone paying attention to what's happening at the kennel? Beveridge is a mad man - dumping players and leading a list with minimal upside. The comparisons to Hawthorn 2008 are laughable, they won't get near the flag again.

I got canned about 6 months ago for saying that Beveridge was in the right spot at the right time and he's real challenges lay ahead of him.
It's football, not rocket science.
You either have a great list, a bit of luck and a coach who can string three words together or you don't.
Coaches are the most overrated profession in Western society. Most of the "greats" (from Alex ferguson to Ron Barassi)were backed by open cheque books and dodgy deals.
Every now and then one comes along (Clarkson) who sees ahead of the curve and steals a march on the opposition.
The rest are competent as they should be.
Coaches aren't messiahs - they're just snake oil salesman in tracksuits (Parkin, Sheedy et al)

Funny thing is this.. 'it was a s**t performance'. And they still got away with it. It's like they lost at marbles.. but went home with more marbles that they started with. Incredible.

Gimp

Naturally I was tongue in cheek in terms of it being their best performance. Mind you, depending on which side of the fence you sit, many would argue it was a great performance. But you have to hand it to them. They were staring at the abyss and somehow, magically, came back. Maybe they were never staring at the abyss and it was only a smoke screen ie Buckley was never under threat.

No matter. I have long lost respect for these conflicted self serving people who now "own" our footy club. Mind you, not sure I had much for McGuire in the first place. Whilst many will disagree (who gives a), I see no honour in a serial non -performing professional, whatever there chosen field of endeavour, not only being extended but actually accepting it. But each to their own. I have a fair idea how this will continue to play out. Patience is truly a virtue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No thanks need, I was only pointing out your negative obsession with all things Buckley!
You wanting whats good for CFC? Firstly you are assuming incorrectly that you know what this is.
When I see your posts I have a mental image of this:
View attachment 419927
Funny that our last 4 seasons look like this, ironic really

Oooh! I feel like that naughty little school boy.

By the way, for future reference and cordiality, if it's not a blog site, what the hell do you call it? I'm not the most technically savvy out there. I also don't take myself overly seriously.

And as I thought, I have yet to have this question satisfactorily answered by anyone whether they be on a blog site (sorry can't think of another word) or not.

Anyone out there please? It's really quite simple - How does a bloke operating in a high performance environment continue in the role after 6 years of regression?
I'd say it's just hope mate, for me that's all we got right now. I hope and pray that Nathan becomes more flexible (if he is indeed inflexible) if that happens then hope springs eternal because I believe that is the one thing stopping Nathan from being a good coach. No one has that amount of knowledge about the game and be as unsuccessful - unless of course you cannot manage your tools correctly (the playing group)

Hi Help My Club, us Collingwood mods consider ourselves to be a friendly and helpful bunch.
Accordingly, we'd like to draw your attention to an actual blog site where posters seem to have a similar outlook to yourself.
We hope you find it useful.
http://www.thecollingwoodblog.com/blog/?p=2488

76woodenspooners Magpie Girl Vicky Park Gone Critical
Damn, you made me click on the link! Although I did laugh at this sentence re Maxwell's appointment:
"Amazing the money Fat Eddie has been able to find in the last few weeks".

You won't figure it out because you are biased, and you won't ever accept it because you married yourself to the result and didn't get the one you wanted... so like all Buckley haters who are really just frustrated supporters who need a figurehead like Bucks or Ed to focus their frustrations on you won't even concede if he wins a flag... so try to handle yourself with a little more dignity because there's nothing worse than a sore loser that keeps whining long after he lost.
there is no win or lose, i am pissed off because this was not best for our club. i am pissed off because of years of our history and we are still making the same mistakes, i am pissed off because i am a passionate Collingwood supporter and we are not giving ourselves the best chance of being successful again. I am pissed off because we had an opportunity to stay up playing for finals and we changed something that wasn't broken.
I have accepted Buckley coaching again. I just want to see everyones excuses when we are mediocre again next year.

have you ever heard about a coach called Bill Bellichick. He is probably the best coach in the history of the NFL. he constantly trades his really good players if they dont fit the system yet they have been up the top of a 32 team competition for 15 years. He gets called mad all the time. but if something isnt working he fixes it. Like all the good coaches. Beveridge is getting rid of the poison elements of his club, he is doing the exact right thing. We will see what happens at the dogs in the next few years, Beveridge already has the record on the board, There is absolutely no comparison in what is happening at the Pies

there is no win or lose, i am pissed off because this was not best for our club. i am pissed off because of years of our history and we are still making the same mistakes, i am pissed off because i am a passionate Collingwood supporter and we are not giving ourselves the best chance of being successful again. I am pissed off because we had an opportunity to stay up playing for finals and we changed something that wasn't broken.
I have accepted Buckley coaching again. I just want to see everyones excuses when we are mediocre again next year.
You will be in serious trouble if you have to give a urine sample. Nothing left to give.:p

I'd say it's just hope mate, for me that's all we got right now. I hope and pray that Nathan becomes more flexible (if he is indeed inflexible) if that happens then hope springs eternal because I believe that is the one thing stopping Nathan from being a good coach. No one has that amount of knowledge about the game and be as unsuccessful - unless of course you cannot manage your tools correctly (the playing group)

I go the other way and think he's not stubborn enough, I don't mean in regards to taking advice, but more that we have changed our game plan a few times over the couple of years. It's difficult to have a well drilled side that way. I'd like to see him devise a game plan he thinks will work and stick to it, even if that means some ugly losses while players are learning it. Changes should be tweaks not wholesale.

We can still be passionate about our club and think our direction going forward is the correct one. I too look forward to seeing the excuses that will come if Bucks coaches well and we go deep in the finals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back