Mega Thread The new Bucks mega-thread. It's Official. 2 Year Deal for Bucks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No that's backwards, can you clearly define this wrong path? because any path with deals like Mayne is going to look wrong on the field

I'm questioning our playing style.. you can be a coach.. and tell your best player to jump off a cliff and he'll do it..

Everyone played a part in our demise.. Buckley.. the admin.. and list management group.

I actually believe we've done ok with list management.. I'm not going to go through it again.. but we simply want to target s**t like Mayne.. when we've been the beneficiaries of some brilliant work as well.. Grundy Varcoe are 2 noteworthy great trades.. several others we've benefited from as well.

Link from the AFL website, Tom Phillips suggesting a changed vibe around the place:

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-11-16/bucks-not-as-full-on-and-overbearing

Bucks is chill. It might not mean much, but these sorts of impressions resemble what happened at Richmond throughout the year, which resulted in something rather significant.
I didn't hear the interview live however, they did laugh about how much talking he did!
https://www.sen.com.au/programs/sen-breakfast/

The real test of his "over bearing" character will come when the pressure arrives and panic sets in when things aren't going your way or working.

Will he continue to empower and delegate to overlook? Or will he become completely hands on and "my way" again?

People always revert back to what they "know best" and make themselves comfortable when things aren't working.

We will find out soon enough if this "new" Nathan Buckley is simply temporary.

I'm actually the opposite. He's being a head coach for 6 years and has obvious flaws to how he deals with people. If it takes 6 years to finally realise he needs to put trust in his assistants, he shouldn't of been re-appointed in the first place. Why wasn't he doing it from day 1. He obviously didn't listen to Rodney Eade while he was at the club in the early years.

I'm actually the opposite. He's being a head coach for 6 years and has obvious flaws to how he deals with people. If it takes 6 years to finally realise he needs to put trust in his assistants, he shouldn't of been re-appointed in the first place. Why wasn't he doing it from day 1. He obviously didn't listen to Rodney Eade while he was at the club in the early years.
Hard to listen to anyone with our revolving door policy, you had to be pretty quick to catch anything Gubby said o_O

That was publicly stated about Dimma as well, real hard head my way or the highway type. If what Phillips says is true then at the very least Bucks has come to accept he is stubborn and is deaf to those around him and hopefully has had a moment of clarity and realizes that it's change my ways or it's my job

2012, Geelong are the team to beat, we must play like the Cats
2013 - 2015 Hawks are dominating we must play like the Hawks
2016 - Bulldogs won doing handball club we must do handball club
2017 - Hardwick came back chill and relaxed I must come back chill and relaxed

innovator is our Bucks :thumbsu:

2012, Geelong are the team to beat, we must play like the Cats
2013 - 2015 Hawks are dominating we must play like the Hawks
2016 - Bulldogs won doing handball club we must do handball club
2017 - Hardwick came back chill and relaxed I must come back chill and relaxed

innovator is our Bucks :thumbsu:
2010 - "St Kilda are providing manic forward pressure, trapping the ball in their 50, we must too" Collingwood

2012 - "Geelong are methodically working their way through team defences, we must too" Hawthorn

2017 - "Bulldogs are going with a smaller forward line and applying manic pressure at the contest, we must too" Richmond

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2010 - "St Kilda are providing manic forward pressure, trapping the ball in their 50, we must too" Collingwood

2012 - "Geelong are methodically working their way through team defences, we must too" Hawthorn

2017 - "Bulldogs are going with a smaller forward line and applying manic pressure at the contest, we must too" Richmond
if you have a better team, by all means do it, but if you dont, need to find different ways around it.
I find it funny we are forming a side that resembles Richmond right now, things will change. we will be left behind.

if you have a better team, by all means do it, but if you dont, need to find different ways around it.
I find it funny we are forming a side that resembles Richmond right now, things will change. we will be left behind.

I don't understand how you came to this? I don't see anything remotely similar about the two teams? Very, very differently made-up. Seriously, I am legitimately asking this because we don't have a similar list/structure/gameplan etc. Really, nothing.

I find it funny that someone who is worried about us not changing and being left behind, calls themselves "Heath Come Back".

I don't understand how you came to this? I don't see anything remotely similar about the two teams? Very, very differently made-up. Seriously, I am legitimately asking this because we don't have a similar list/structure/gameplan etc. Really, nothing.
we have teh same profile. size wise. 1 ruck 1 forward. heaps of mids. short forward line etc etc

I find it funny that someone who is worried about us not changing and being left behind, calls themselves "Heath Come Back".
honestly i had no idea my name was a troll name when i first joined up. Heath is my 2nd fave player of the last few years (pendles is my fave) and i just picked a name. was naive. many have let me know that it is though. Its just a name.

To be honest we've been hearing that Buckley is a changed man for the last few off seasons now haven't we?

It gets rolled out by one club mouthpiece or another and people keep eating it up.
Just change the bozos above him responsible for list management, Gubby, dodgy medicos and every other **** up that has held the club back... focusing on Bucks is to let the real incompetents off the hook

we have teh same profile. size wise. 1 ruck 1 forward. heaps of mids. short forward line etc etc
Must say I don't see that. Looks like we go very tall on our forward line with Reid as a permanent KPF and Cox the other mainstay who will ruck more than 2017 with Grundy doing a little less ruck work but spending more time forward. Add Moore as a swing man and we look very tall. With Fasolo and Elliott also up forward it gives us a massive aerial presence and a very different character to Richmond. I worry our short fall will be crumbling forwards and intense forward pressure which are Richmonds real strengths. Not sure I love our set up but it doesn't remind me of Richmond. Biggest thing they have that we don't is an elite KPF , especially one who can make multiple contests then apply pressure on the ground.

Must say I don't see that. Looks like we go very tall on our forward line with Reid as a permanent KPF and Cox the other mainstay who will ruck more than 2017 with Grundy doing a little less ruck work but spending more time forward. Add Moore as a swing man and we look very tall. With Fasolo and Elliott also up forward it gives us a massive aerial presence and a very different character to Richmond. I worry our short fall will be crumbling forwards and intense forward pressure which are Richmonds real strengths. Not sure I love our set up but it doesn't remind me of Richmond. Biggest thing they have that we don't is an elite KPF , especially one who can make multiple contests then apply pressure on the ground.
Is that the way we are going to set up though. I thought Reid was going to stay back, Moore is getting tested back (which i dont see as a bad move in a learning year). That leaves our structure as Cox/Grundy. Fasolo. Elliot and whoever else they choose to play there? (crocker? WHE ? Wells? hopefully not De Goey who needs to play centre).

Is that the way we are going to set up though. I thought Reid was going to stay back, Moore is getting tested back (which i dont see as a bad move in a learning year). That leaves our structure as Cox/Grundy. Fasolo. Elliot and whoever else they choose to play there? (crocker? WHE ? Wells? hopefully not De Goey who needs to play centre).

I'd love to see Moore down back.. if he does play there.. our forward could be very tricky.

To be honest we've been hearing that Buckley is a changed man for the last few off seasons now haven't we?

It gets rolled out by one club mouthpiece or another and people keep eating it up.

I’m also concerned about this. On the one hand, hearing that Bucks is more relaxed and a little changed in his approach is a good thing - but entering his seventh year as coach? I love him, and I still want him to succeed, but it’s hard to shake off the feeling that we have been subjected to some kind of monstrous experiment over this long period.

Anyway, I’m as gullible and willing as the next person, and in the absence of an alternative, I’m still behind Bucks. Maybe, finally, we will improve. The new people around him and at the club can only be positive.

So your saying that's there has been a year on year progression and that's somehow a bad thing, okay. Interesting perspective. I would have been more concerned if there hadn't have been some level of change each year, some level of incorporating learning from the previous season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back