Mega Thread The new Bucks mega-thread. It's Official. 2 Year Deal for Bucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DraftBalta

league leaders for flags won without cheating
Oct 16, 2017
In my pants
AFL Club
Collingwood
Npthing wrong about talking about the past especially now since there is nothing of note going in at the present.
Lots of great kids developing and we are building towards our next flag, you can't just turn up for the good times, the easy times

PieNSauce

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 22, 2007
Sunshine Coast
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
are jealous!
I wonder if you accept that Buckley has also played his part in us not making finals the last 4 seasons?

You can't have it both ways. Some of us see all the problems not all the problems bar the senior coach.

You can be damn sure the usual suspects will be hailing Buckley as the driving force behind our return to finals should we make it and completely ignore all the other changes made because of the review and the easier draw because we finished 13th.

You can also be damn sure the usual suspects will provide us with a new round of excuses if we don't make the eight and why it's everyone's fault other than the coach. They also wont be calling for his removal, citing a 2 year deal like that should mean squat if we fail once again. It's always just another year away with Buckley just like at the end of 2015 and 16.

After 4 years in the wilderness I would have thought it was pretty obvious that the wheel is likely to turn in our favour next season because of the easier draw and with all the off field changes a return to finals is imminent. I would have felt the same if the best assistant in the land had of been appointed also.

We've been sold the Richmond example so let's see how close we can get to actually replicating that.

The time for excuses has well and truly ended.

Well for some of us.
I seriously doubt you would find anyone here that doesn't lay some blame at Buckley's feet but the reality is that neither you nor anyone else can say whether it would have been any different had JC himself been coach. That's the fact and stating the opposite without a shred of evidence isn't going to change it no matter how often or in how many ways you repeat it. As another poster said earlier in this thread, the confirmation bias screams from so many of your posts here. If you're looking to appear like a balanced poster then you have failed dismally and you do your own credibility a massive disservice. By contrast I see plenty of posters on this board who recognise Buckley's shortcomings and are not afraid to say so. What get's mind numbingly boring though is that the minute someone says anything remotely positive about Bucks, a few with your mind set spit ridiculous vitriol at them and accuse them of pandering. It would be funny if it wasn't so bloody repetitively annoying.

upload_2017-11-19_7-39-43.png

noideaatall

Premiership Player
May 14, 2011
home, sth of hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
That’s the trouble with the past, all you can do is talk about it... you can’t change it..
In my experience the past is defined by the present. Maybe we can't change what actually happened but we can certainly change in our views of what happened. Whether that is a good thing is a whole other question but what is a good thing is we can learn from the past, something which won't occur unless we reflect upon it.

In my experience the past is defined by the present. Maybe we can't change what actually happened but we can certainly change in our views of what happened. Whether that is a good thing is a whole other question but what is a good thing is we can learn from the past, something which won't occur unless we reflect upon it.
Apparently, history is written by the winners.

Help My Club

Club Legend
Jun 29, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Doesn’t matter, unless you’re only interested in constantly talking about the past.
Doesn’t matter, unless you’re only interested in constantly talking about the past.

Of course one can learn from the past.

Clearly Collingwood, and supporters such as your good self, haven't.

But by all means, please keep doing what you're doing.

Of course one can learn from the past.

Clearly Collingwood, and supporters such as your good self, haven't.

But by all means, please keep doing what you're doing.
Hate to break this to you but Buckley was recently re-signed for two more years. You can complain about that all you like but it's not changing the decision. Enjoy!

DraftBalta

Oct 16, 2017
In my pants
AFL Club
Collingwood
Sadly the past is where our greatest success lies, now we can't even talk about that.:'(:D
Time is an illusion according to Einstein, you should still be celebrating our 4 flags in a row, it's happening right now, along with everything else... why else would I be drunk?

Help My Club

Club Legend
Jun 29, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hate to break this to you but Buckley was recently re-signed for two more years. You can complain about that all you like but it's not changing the decision. Enjoy!

Pal, do you have a life outside this blog site? You are super quick.

Just for your own peace of mind, I'm quite comfortable with yet another contract extension. I actually find it highly amusing. It keeps this highly entertaining thread going. And quite genuinely, I am very much looking forward to reading your continued support of Nathan when we miss the finals for a 5th year in a row. Because at the moment, I can't think of what else can be said in his support but I have no doubt you will come up with some gold.

Bless you.

DraftBalta

Oct 16, 2017
In my pants
AFL Club
Collingwood
Such is my naivety I didn't think there would be a need for this thread after we signed Bucks, some people can't take a loss

Pal, do you have a life outside this blog site? You are super quick.

Just for your own peace of mind, I'm quite comfortable with yet another contract extension. I actually find it highly amusing. It keeps this highly entertaining thread going. And quite genuinely, I am very much looking forward to reading your continued support of Nathan when we miss the finals for a 5th year in a row. Because at the moment, I can't think of what else can be said in his support but I have no doubt you will come up with some gold.

Bless you.
If you must know I’m sitting on my deck enjoying a beer. My wife is having a nap and the kids are playing LEGO. Might fire up the bbq in an hour or so.
Anything else you need to know about my life?

DraftBalta

Oct 16, 2017
In my pants
AFL Club
Collingwood
If you must know I’m sitting on my deck enjoying a beer. My wife is having a nap and the kids are playing LEGO. Might fire up the bbq in an hour or so.
Anything else you need to know about my life?
No you are arguing against sports science in the Jamie Elliott thread, you aint doing any of the stuff you said, get off the comp and you might have a crack at it

No you are arguing against sports science in the Jamie Elliott thread, you aint doing any of the stuff you said, get off the comp and you might have a crack at it
I’m on my phone mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back