Toast The New Carlton Thread: 5 wooden spoons this century (next worst is 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 14, 2015
Free State NSW
AFL Club
Collingwood
Footy is back!! And so is the Carlton thread. Someone closed it FMD.

In this time of seeking to eradicate pestilence, let us recall some of the worst...

John Dorman Elliott (failed capitalist toadie, cap cheater, and all-round w***er)

Mike Fitzpatrick (anti-Collingwood investment banker)

Dick Pratt (philanderer and anti-competition miscreant)

Wayne Harmes (you know what you did)

Stephen Silvagni (give Collingwood's daughter back, you dickhead)

Of course there are many more.

I have nothing to add but I’m some will🤣😅

Early days MG. I was thinking about some of the posters lamenting the shortcomings of the 2020 season.

I prefer a more stoical approach - to celebrate what we have.

And what we have is Carlton: the Darkness that makes our Lightness seem all the brighter.

Early days MG. I was thinking about some of the posters lamenting the shortcomings of the 2020 season.

I prefer a more stoical approach - to celebrate what we have.

And what we have is Carlton: the Darkness that makes our Lightness seem all the brighter.
You always make me laugh Walter. Thankyou:)
Just what I need right now (I'm feeling a bit glum)

You always make me laugh Walter. Thankyou:)
Just what I need right now (I'm feeling a bit glum)

These are very tough times in general MG, to overlay whatever specific challenges are going on in life.

Have felt a rollercoaster of emotions the past 6 weeks. Am much more buoyant this week - my biz looks like it is rebounding a little and my kids are so happy to have their buddies visit. Will go for a walk along King Street tonight to soak up things being 'open'.

Will never again take for granted these everyday joys.

Hope you are ok - cyber hugs xoxo

These are very tough times in general MG, to overlay whatever specific challenges are going on in life.

Have felt a rollercoaster of emotions the past 6 weeks. Am much more buoyant this week - my biz looks like it is rebounding a little and my kids are so happy to have their buddies visit. Will go for a walk along King Street tonight to soak up things being 'open'.

Will never again take for granted these everyday joys.

Hope you are ok - cyber hugs xoxo
Hugs, of any kind, help enormously xoxo

George Harris instructing Syd Jackson to lie outright about Lee Adamson during 1970 finals ....

".....One such blow up occurred at a crucial time for Jackson and for Carlton, during the Blues’ Second Semi-Final loss to Collingwood in 1970. Syd was reported for striking Magpie defender Lee Adamson, and seemed likely to be suspended for the rest of the finals. Enter Carlton President George Harris, who persuaded Jackson to tell the tribunal that Adamson had racially abused him. Syd complied, pleading not guilty due to extreme provocation. To Jackson and Carlton’s relief, the tribunal accepted Jackson’s story and exonerated him. Years later, Syd owned up to the truth and apologised to Adamson, saying that while Adamson didn’t say what Jackson said he did, there were many others who had overstepped the mark, so justice was done in the end....." - justice for Adamson??????

Edit - Jackson named in Scum's best for GF - thanks again perennial, eternal cheats...

Last edited:
I have nothing to add but I’m sure some will🤣😅
Come on mg l am sure you have knowledge of a crime they who cannot be named has done. The cheating scum.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Won the '70 GF on the back of friendly fire to Macca who was ripping them several new @rseholes yet Barassi is acclaimed a god by the fkin sporting press.

Of '79 I will not speak.

Sad to say I've met both Ian Rice and John Elliott in business dealings - neither of which I would p1ss on if they were on fire.

Also had indirect business dealings with Pratt the salary cheat. . . .

My life has been littered with walking through sh1t.

Long may they rot and their fkin supporters with them.

Won the '70 GF on the back of friendly fire to Macca who was ripping them several new @rseholes yet Barassi is acclaimed a god by the fkin sporting press.

Of '79 I will not speak.

Sad to say I've met both Ian Rice and John Elliott in business dealings - neither of which I would p1ss on if they were on fire.

Also had indirect business dealings with Pratt the salary cheat. . . .

My life has been littered with walking through sh1t.

Long may they rot and their fkin supporters with them.

I’m enjoying your contribution to this thread.:p

Transcript from Monday...

Nonagenarian Dees' fan, wearing a reefer jacket dandruffed like a lamington, phones his Carlton-supporting stockbroker:

''Chad old chum, what's better than beating Carlton by 10 goals?''

Stockbroker thinks:

GAGF you camembert-reeking goat, but I need your money otherwise Chad junior will be out of Wesley and the Missus will suspend mattress privileges again

Stockbroker says:

"I'm not sure Mr Lane-Fox, please tell?"

Dees' fan, through wheezed laughter-spittle:

"1 point!"

RIP George Harris

Remove this Banner Ad

Back