Toast The New Carlton Thread: 5 wooden spoons this century (next worst is 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

In life, a wise person, a gracious person, acknowledges the victories of their foe

I am not that man

Instead, I am lamenting GAJ missing the sitter

Even I could have hauled my carcass from the Foxtel couch and slotted it (a certainty IF I could have had 5 goes)

I lament the lost opportunity of a pike being driven into the psyche of the vampire squid

PS the silver lining is that the Cats were rubbish despite the many advantages of CostaDome

I love seeing Carlton fail, but I also think it’s a better competition when they’re up and about. Of course, it’s easy to say that when they’re terrible, if they’re competitive for more than a few weeks I’ll go back to wishing priority picks upon them.

I love seeing Carlton fail, but I also think it’s a better competition when they’re up and about. Of course, it’s easy to say that when they’re terrible, if they’re competitive for more than a few weeks I’ll go back to wishing priority picks upon them.

Brevity Hellfire, brevity

Hugs xx

The way the media are fawning over them this week is quite condescending really. One half dominant win and they’re being declared premiers. I guess it’s like encouraging your learning challenged friend who learnt to write his name after 20 years. Good for you little Carlton buddies. 🤢

Main things i dislike about Carlton
1 The idiot supporters
2 The constant cheating
3 The boasting about cheating
4 The incredible run of dumb luck they had for so long
5 The Carlton social club
6 Mike Fitzpatrick
7 George Harris
8 The cheer squad
9 Princes Park
10 Mark MacLure
11 Malcolm Fraser
12 The long list of duds who have won a premiership with them, while geniune champions like Len Thompson and Gary Ablett haven't
13 Kernahan
14 Their jumper
15 Their song

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1 The idiot supporters
2 The constant cheating
6 Mike Fitzpatrick
7 George Harris
8 The cheer squad
9 Princes Park
10 Mark MacLure
11 Malcolm Fraser
12 The long list of duds who have won a premiership with them, while geniune champions like Len Thompson and Gary Ablett haven't
13 Kernahan
14 Their jumper
15 Their song
16 Their continued existence.

1 The idiot supporters
2 The constant cheating
6 Mike Fitzpatrick
7 George Harris
8 The cheer squad
9 Princes Park
10 Mark MacLure
11 Malcolm Fraser
13 Kernahan
14 Their jumper
15 Their song
Excuse me...... how come you left out John Elliott and Stephen Silvagni?

Quarter of a century since they rorted their way to their last flag. Fingers crossed for another 25 years.

It's hard to believe, but no Carlton supporter under 30 could recall them having any success. Its a beautiful thing.
I really hope all the boasters from the 70s and 80s are really enjoying it, particularly George Harris, presuming he gets TV reception down in the bowels of hell where he currently resides.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back