Prediction The new crop

Remove this Banner Ad

That's because there hasn't been anyone knocking down the door for a game. This season hopefully Weller and Langdon knock the door down for a game.

When Sutcliffe and Neale were demanding games in 2013, they got games.

We tend to focus on attack and less on defence and transition as well how many stoppages each player gets to, etc. It's easy to criticise selection decisions but Ross and his coaching staff aren't idiots. We all want skilled players in the forward half and the sooner we can regularly play Weller and Langdon, the better.
I am hoping the kids in peel build their chemistry of play and win most of the match in WAfl in first half of the season.

Love the look of Collins, love all the three amigos for a range of reasons (Weller in particular seemingly wants only for stamina), like the sound of Uber and Tucker is seriously impressive... but for my money Morra has them all beaten hands-down right now for versatility, power, pace and potential... closely followed by Yarren. If any of the young guys consistently make the 22 over Morra this year, then something is definitely rotten in the state of Denmark.

I am with you on all comments except Yarren, Just think a few are over rating the impact this guy is likely to have. Just a back up for mine but happy to be proven wrong.

Collins and a.Pearce is the perfect solution if any of our defender went down.

He didn't play as much as I'd hoped in the preseason but I'd still play him in front of Silvagni
Hey Allikat, if you had watched Peel on the weekend I think you'd change your mind. I am not the world's greatest Silvagni fan but he was sensational on the weekend, certainly our best defender by a fair margin. Collins was OK but well behind Silvagni on exposed form.

Hey Allikat, if you had watched Peel on the weekend I think you'd change your mind. I am not the world's greatest Silvagni fan but he was sensational on the weekend, certainly our best defender by a fair margin. Collins was OK but well behind Silvagni on exposed form.
Admittedly I've seen Collins play more recently than Silvagni because I go the VFL a bit, and every time Silvagni's played AFL recently he's done something stupid that makes me roll my eyes at him.

did I hear Ubergang kicked 4 goals for Peel on the weekend?
if so ,how did he look and is he a possibility to play seniors this year?
He's still a stick-figure so I seriously doubt we'll play him this year. There's a lot more players closer to AFL ready

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Admittedly I've seen Collins play more recently than Silvagni because I go the VFL a bit, and every time Silvagni's played AFL recently he's done something stupid that makes me roll my eyes at him.
I think you will find that someone (Guerra?) has been working very closely with Silva - I thought Saturday was the best I have ever seen him play. Marked well, spoiled when necessary, provided good run out of defense and hit target. I'd be interested to hear what Crustacean thought as he was also at the game.

I like Collins but I think he is very much a project player, will probably be behind both Silva and Alex Pearce at this point.

He's still a stick-figure so I seriously doubt we'll play him this year. There's a lot more players closer to AFL ready
Definitely no stick figure!

He's 194cm and 91kg. By comparison:

Alex Pearce 200cm 92kg
Zac Dawson 197cm 92kg
Michael Johnson 195cm 88kg

He's big enough, but he still looks to have a bit of puppy fat - his body shape actually reminded me of McGovern from a couple of seasons ago.

Watch this kid, he could be a future cult figure, has all the attributes to make it, just needs time I think.

How many of our other talls have come into a Peel side and kicked 4 goals first up? I wouldn't have thought many...

Alex Pearce 200cm 92kg
Zac Dawson 197cm 92kg

He's big enough, but he still looks to have a bit of puppy fat - his body shape actually reminded me of McGovern from a couple of seasons ago.

Watch this kid, he could be a future cult figure, has all the attributes to make it, just needs time I think.

How many of our other talls have come into a Peel side and kicked 4 goals first up? I wouldn't have thought many...
2 goal , not four as reported on Claremont website.:(. But thanks Dudley I will take puppy fat> stick figure.

Last edited:
Uber doesn't look under size to me at training. Lovely mover & given our dearth of talls they might fast track him if he shows an aptitude for kicking snags.
I cry a little bit every time I hear McGovern's name. How could we have missed him right under our noses when we were crying out for something like him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uber doesn't look under size to me at training. Lovely mover & given our dearth of talls they might fast track him if he shows an aptitude for kicking snags.
I cry a little bit every time I hear McGovern's name. How could we have missed him right under our noses when we were crying out for something like him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think Ross got strict benchmark even he don't do recruit he might tell them what to look for.

He didn't play as much as I'd hoped in the preseason but I'd still play him in front of Silvagni
did I hear Ubergang kicked 4 goals for Peel on the weekend?if so ,how did he look and is he a possibility to play seniors this year?
We get Hooker, Our tall defender stocks will be fine. As for Ubergang... Again slim chance he will get a game but I don't mind Freo getting swing men.

Alex Pearce 200cm 92kg
Zac Dawson 197cm 92kg

Hey old man I think Sam Collins is a Leigh Brown lookalike albeit he is quicker across the ground than Leigh was when he was at Freo. ;):thumbsu:

Collins will only play 2 to 4 afl game this year, if he is that good a KPD hawthorn would pick him early round .

We get Hooker, Our tall defender stocks will be fine. As for Ubergang... Again slim chance he will get a game but I don't mind Freo getting swing men.
I don't get why people would want uebergang to play this year, we don't need to rush him, peel report show that he need to continue his development so he can be upgrade next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back