• No!

Votes: 8 14.3%
  • Maybe!

Votes: 3 5.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

We need to be more Motorhead and less Coldplay

Who honestly cares what anyone in the media says about the club? We're a football club not some girly social media gossip piece. Nothing irritates me more when people use the term 'its not a good look'. More dorky milquetoast image-conscious crap that is a cancer in our great game

The one thing that I have realised this week is just how much the filth down the road are so obsessed with us. They have literally been chasing after anything that has a negative spin and flooding the social media comments with hyperbole and bullshit.

You go to any article where the Crows have been bashed and if you look through the comments and look at the profiles easily 90%+ of who are making the comments generally are Port trolls. It's like they're just sitting there all day on social media looking for anything at all so that they can can use it for some sort of rant where they post absolute nonsense in the belief that it will somehow adversely effect the club.

It's kinda creepy to see how their halfwit supporters have become so jealous and obsessed with us that it's reached a level where they actually appear to be spending countless hours engaging in constant social media trolling, posting fake news and generally just trying to wage some moronic false propaganda campaign against the club through social media.

In a way it just shows the difference between them and us.

Last edited:

I thought Gibbs sought out the Crows and Crows tried to make it happen, but SOS wouldn't budge. Not the Crows fault. Gibbs fault. Yet, Crows are the bad guys for even bringing it up at trade time.

Brisbane seek out Charles mid-season and offer him a massive contract to go home. Yet, everyone sees Crows as the bad guys for not letting this youngster go home and for being hypocrites for supposedly chasing Gibbs.

Melbourne seek out Lever, or Lever seeks out Melbourne. Massive contract offered to go home. Crows just want decent compensation for one of the best players under 22 in the comp, which is fair enough, and they're sick of losing players for under their value. Yet, everyone sees the Crows as the bad guys for making the trade 'difficult'.

Sick and tired of the media.

Bombers try and hold Ryder to ransom and force Port to arbitration.

"Dodoroo is just a tough negotiator and let's not forget that Essendon are hurting that he's leaving. Adrian is just looking at what's best for the club by seeking adequate compensation for him" Vic media

Biggest double standards ever.

I like it.. We are in the comp to win. The Vic media can gagf. The other clubs can gagf. The crows are always fair on the trade table. Our success comes by not hogging and asking for free top draft picks. We develope our own players. We don't ask the AFL for handouts. Our home games draw 50k+. Our fans are loyal... So yeah.. The rest of the comp can gagf.

Not sure why all the hostility towards us. I think its amusing how salty they are. I presume they thought we would win the flag and see our poor effort in the gf as a green light to pile on. The press are just now making up stuff and running with bs that is pure lies. Press should be careful as some of the stuff they are running with is borderline defamatory. Can only think their vic audience wants to hear this s**t as it takes the spotlight off how s**t their clubs currently are. * them all.

There needs to be some results for the ruthlessness. It's not really new.

Declare we are wearing the state jumper and don't give two shits what port think. Good.

Get told we can't wear it. Backfire.

Declare that contracted Bryce wants a trade day 1 of trade week. Good.

Don't get the deal done. Egg on face.

Same now. We can talk tough about Lever but we'd want a great result in the trade and make sure we perform better than Melbourne over the next few seasons.

Agreed. It's all good to talk tough, but if you don't get anything for it, you end up further back than if you had just said nothing.

We need to be a team that gets results, even if those results are unpopular in the wider community. Just being unpopular without results isn't really the aim in itself.

Are people happy with the way the AFC has gone about its business in the last couple of years? The secrecy, the not talking to the media, closed shop way of doing buisness?
The club is getting smashed in the media at the moment, with even Caro hammering us in an article today.
We are being laughed at as hypocritical in not letting Cameron go but trying to get Gibbs.
Tex is being smashed over his attitude to Lever. Don Pyke got smashed for jumping down the Brisbanes coach over Cameron.
To be honest I am happy with the tough talking we are doing at the trade table. I have wanted us to get fair value for people who leave. I was jumping up and down here over what we accepted to Danger, and look how thats proved out. I was annoyed with how we got unders for Lyons. And before anyone tries to legitimize the trade, there is a good chance Port will get as good or better for Impey as we got for Lyons. Let that sink in for a bit.

So is eveyone aboard the AFC admin train? I am kinda.
The only interest that we need to look after is our own. Being ruthless is an admirable quality if you get the results.

The one thing that I have realised this week is just how much the filth down the road are so obsessed with us. They have literally been chasing after anything that has a negative spin and flooding the social media comments with hyperbole and bullshit.

You go to any article where the Crows have been bashed and if you look through the comments and look at the profiles easily 90%+ of who are making the comments generally are Port trolls. It's like they're just sitting there all day on social media looking for anything at all so that they can can use it for some sort of rant where they post absolute nonsense in the belief that it will somehow adversely effect the club.

It's kinda creepy to see how their halfwit supporters have become so jealous and obsessed with us that it's reached a level where they actually appear to be spending countless hours engaging in constant social media trolling, posting fake news and generally just trying to wage some moronic false propaganda campaign against the club through social media.

In a way it just shows the difference between them and us.
Could you imagine Neil Craig or Gary Ayres coming out and making the comments about Port that Williams did about us. Pathetic club. We complete them.

I also think people are misinterpreting mockery for hatred.

The vics don't fear us after our grand final flop. They're laughing at us, and have all decided to pile on. There's a difference.
Correct.

JJ and Tex embarrass themselves and our club, making comments like that given our long tradition of finals chokes.

- Happy with the closed training sessions
- Fine with the assertive trade negotiations
- Jury out on the tough contract negotiations
- Wish Tex and JJ would stick to football

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Might we also just note that some of the 'we love it' crowd are the ones that were supporting the previous approach (i.e. let's be professional and get trades done early and easily, no need for acrimony).

It's intellectually bereft to merely advocate based upon what a club is doing.

422b1d86e12f7424aef12429a0a3228f.jpg

all the media hypocritical crap is simply serving to galvanise this group for 2018 ........love the new Crows ......love the brutal honesty .....love the tougher trade table stance
My thoughts exactly! All they are doing is creating an us against them mentality. Trying to make Tex lose the captaincy will only make the team fall in behind him more!

I hope Tex never stop speaking his mind!

I'm happy with it as long as they are consistent with their approach (which it looks like they will be). The Crows have their fingers in a lot of pies this year and so far it looks like forcing the opposing team to bring their best to the table! Some days I think we are going to make all those deals, some days none. But I guess when you are swinging for the fences you have to expect to strike out from time to time!

You can't get a home run from bunting!

Typical arrogant ignorant uneducated vic campaigners
Amateurish biased opinionated
Bartels in particular just cos your old man beat up on your old girl don't take it out on us

Sent from my GT-S7275T using Tapatalk

Correct.

JJ and Tex embarrass themselves and our club, making comments like that given our long tradition of finals chokes.

- Happy with the closed training sessions
- Fine with the assertive trade negotiations
- Jury out on the tough contract negotiations
- Wish Tex and JJ would stick to football
JJ was a bit embarrassing, but Tex was just being honest, you cant begrudge him for that. You would only think that way if you just went with what the Vic media is feeding you and don't go back and listen to the entire interview. He quite clearing prefaced his money over success comment with "our club is in a very good position to have success"

Its about bloody time we stopped being the whipping boy of the AFL and other clubs.

I like the new hard edge to the club and our captain. They can all get stuffed.

The VFL led league and Vic media has been shafting interstate clubs ever since they replaced the V with an A.

I said it after the GF loss - we needed to draw a line in the sand and stop accepting mediocrity as a security blanket. I'm excited to see the club push back for once in its existence.

Our way or the highway needs to be our catchcry. I like what I am seing.

Now we need to back it up with tangible results in the next 2 weeks.

The AFL community has decided to whack us on pretty much everything.

However most of what we are being whacked for is being turned around and distorted. Very little truth is being told here.

However, I am starting to feel that the club needs to come out and strongly address some of this stuff. The club may not care - but the supporters seem too!

Not worried about being anyones second team, seriously what does that mean being a supporters second team

Youre either with the crows or not

I think a team like hawthorn enjoys being hated

Might we also just note that some of the 'we love it' crowd are the ones that were supporting the previous approach (i.e. let's be professional and get trades done early and easily, no need for acrimony).

It's intellectually bereft to merely advocate based upon what a club is doing.

We may also note that some of the " the club is s**t for being so weak and accommodating" crowd, are the ones that are now shitting on the club for acting tougher.

Back