Votes: 46 82.1%
  • No!

Votes: 8 14.3%
  • Maybe!

Votes: 3 5.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't overly care what we say. As long as it doesn't fire up our opposition for the upcoming game.

No problems with the Lever situation - this guy had been feeding us bullshit since the day he was drafted.

At the end of the day, actions speak louder than words. I'll judge the club after the trade period.

I don't overly care what we say. As long as it doesn't fire up our opposition for the upcoming game.

No problems with the Lever situation - this guy had been feeding us bullshit since the day he was drafted.

At the end of the day, actions speak louder than words. I'll judge the club after the trade period.

I mostly agree with that, but I think the Lever B&F thing was a bit short-sighted.

They actually let Lever off the hook by uninviting him. They should’ve let the invite stand and let him face the music and feel uncomfortable.

Univiting him gave Lever a free kick in the media when he didn’t deserve it.

I understand why the club did it, but they’ve got to be more strategic from a PR standpoint.

I mostly agree with that, but I think the Lever B&F thing was a bit short-sighted.

They actually let Lever off the hook by uninviting him. They should’ve let the invite stand and let him face the music and feel uncomfortable.

I understand why the club did it, but they’ve got to be more strategic from a PR standpoint.
Anyone know if club employs a PR firm?

Not worried about being anyones second team, seriously what does that mean being a supporters second team

Youre either with the crows or not

I think a team like hawthorn enjoys being hated

They can afford to be hated:

images

To be honest I am happy with the tough talking we are doing at the trade table. I have wanted us to get fair value for people who leave.

But we're not after Gibbs. Gibbs came to us. Couldn't satisfy Carlton. Boohoo

We should be selfish. We should worry about our own. We were the nice boys of the league for 20 years. F*ck that.

it's good to feel like we're not going to rollover any more

Being nice at the trade table doesn't get premierships.

I must say, it's good to see the club looking a little more agro in going abouts with this trading period.

What I would like to see is us continuing to do what we are doing but with a leaning towards identifying SA talent (ready to draft).
These homesick puppies have impacted us.

Bout time we showed a bit of this.

Its about bloody time we stopped being the whipping boy of the AFL and other clubs.

These comments here :thumbsu:.

We need to ensure that we take a tough stance at the Trade Table from here on. We've been f*cked over entirely too many times previously, so if taking a tough stance means we can't secure Trades for certain players wanting to leave, then we need to send them back to the Draft. Simple. Take that stance once, then you don't get f*cked over in future.
Short term hiccup....long term gain.

I have a question. Why is it that the media has gone so aggressively at us, yet the actions of the Richmond players in (potentially) circulating a photo against the consent of the young woman involved has not elicited one single tweet from the "heavy hitters" of the Victorian media in Wilson, Barrett, Hutchinson, McClure etc? I am genuinely dumb founded by this.

I have a question. Why is it that the media has gone so aggressively at us, yet the actions of the Richmond players in (potentially) circulating a photo against the consent of the young woman involved has not elicited one single tweet from the "heavy hitters" of the Victorian media in Wilson, Barrett, Hutchinson, McClure etc? I am genuinely dumb founded by this.

It's this weird sensation of AFL media. Even if you literally flatline in Vegas the premiership club seems to be exempt from criticism until they lose two games the following April and you can sink the "hangover' boot in.

The Victorian media have been waiting to sink the boot in to us for ages, like they used to. The Walsh tragedy forced them to hold fire for a while. The Grand Final loss was the ultimate trigger. It's now a free-for-all. I personally don't care - in fact, it means we're on the right track - but that's how I see it.

upload_2017-10-11_15-48-59.jpeg

Surely Caro Wilson would’ve had a comment on this...

Surely...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not clear that we did "uninvite" him, but anyway - having him there could have been a PR disaster. Something would have happened, and even if it didn't the media would have made something up.

We may also note that some of the " the club is s**t for being so weak and accommodating" crowd, are the ones that are now shitting on the club for acting tougher.

Get it right. We're shitting on the club for its grand final performance, and because we don't think any amount of posturing afterwards can make up for that.

I've had it with tough stances ;)

I think the club needs to grow up with its media communication, last year's Gibbs announcement was a train wreck; we'll see this year if Reid knows what he is doing.

I've had it with tough stances ;)

I think the club needs to grow up with its media communication, last year's Gibbs announcement was a train wreck; we'll see this year if Reid knows what he is doing.

No doubt Reid made an amateur mistake early with the Gibbs deal last year, but standing our ground and letting the deal fall through rather than overpay set an important precedent for future seasons. Now when he gives his best take it or leave it offers opposition clubs know its not all bluff.

Surely Caro Wilson would’ve had a comment on this...

Surely...
She was on 5aa talking about Tex and then about this tit pic. I turned it off before she talked about the tit pic though because she was lying through her teeth about her Tex and crows bashing so I couldn't be bothered listening to her anymore.

She was on 5aa talking about Tex and then about this tit pic. I turned it off before she talked about the tit pic though because she was lying through her teeth about her Tex and crows bashing so I couldn't be bothered listening to her anymore.
I didn't hear it, but I was told she back pedalled a fair bit about her s**t comments on Tex. Is this right?

Back