The New Haka

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 3, 2004
In a pineapple under the sea
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Magic, Vikings, All Blacks
how good was the new haka last night. was a great start to a great game. was totally unexpected, i did not know that new zealand was preparing a new one but it was a pleasant surprise.

the game itself was great. always good to see the all blacks win. hopefully they can give the wallabies a thumping next weekend and get the bonus point. will be good to see the tri-nations cup back in new zealands hands.

but the new haka was cool, and im looking forward to the next time they perform it.

0497 said:
Does it symbolise anything different?

I think it symbolises the different nationalities that are playing in the All Blacks team. They have samoans, fijians, tongans, moaris and kiwis in the team so the new Haka brings all the traditions from the other countries into this one haka.

It was suprising to see the new one but i liked it, especially when they start to advance towards u... :D

I really liked it hopefully it remains unique to the AB's and no other teams do it.

They can stick to the old one or make up their own.

if you want to see the new haka go to allblacks.com. it is on there but it has been a bit jumpy on my computer which is a bit disappointing.

yeah i think it was kind of so that it applied to the different cultures in the team but also the current day players wanted to make their mark on the all black history and add to the tradition and heritage of the black jumper.

also on allblacks.com come it tells you what it actually means and from the words i think it will be a haka that only applies to the all blacks, therefore no other team can use it. it talks about taking pride in the jumper and the silver fern and the all black jumper. well thats the way i took it anyway.

its not going to replace 'ka mate', they will still use that one but they can mix it up a bit now and use the new one, 'Kapa o Pango', every now and then. maybe for the big, high intensity matches.

I just had a look and it was ********ing magic....hope they use it on Sat against us and I hope our Eastwood 4th grade side can beat them!

Kapa o Pango

KIA WHAKAWHENUA AU I AHAU!
Let me become one with the land
HI AUE, HI!!
KO AOTEAROA E NGUNGURU NEI!
This is our land that rumbles
AU, AU, AUE HA!
And it’s my time! It’s my moment!
KO KAPA O PANGO E NGUNGURU NEI !
This defines us as the All Blacks
AU, AU, AUE HA!
It’s my time! It’s my moment!
I AHAHA!
KA TU TE IHIIHI
Our dominance
KA TU TE WANAWANA
Our supremacy will triumph
KI RUNGA KI TE RANGI E TU IHO NEI, TU IHO NEI, HI!
And will be placed on high
PONGA RA!
Silver fern!
KAPA O PANGO, AUE HI!
All Blacks!
PONGA RA!
Silver fern!
KAPA O PANGO, AUE HI, HA!
All Blacks!

Yep exactly! cant wait to see it again!!:)

It seemed to fire them up more, people were getting use to the old one a bit and its a great time to bring the new one out.

i wasnt at a pub, i was just at home, and i know what kind of an effect it had on me. i was so hyped for the game, i just wanted to get into it. so i can imagine it would have been so much cooler at a pub with hundreds of people watching on.

would be cool to see them to it against the wallabies and get the fired up for what is such an important match but it wouldnt surprise me if they didnt, cause that is what the wallabies will be expecting, and it might catch them a bit off guard.
guess we all just gonna have to wait until the night. whatever they choose to do, i just hope we give the aussies a thumping and bring the tri-nations back to new zealand!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yeah i agree. it does symbolize all the multi national leeching they have to rely on in order to win a test. lol. its the only sport they play in their tiny country, so we should let them take big players from areas that have skill.

AuckMel said:
How ironic. An Aussie talking about others leeching.

Yeah were pretty bad at it too, i get so sick of the ARL having 1 rule for themselves and another rule for NZ and the smaller nations.

We do the same in Union as well, STH Africans, Islanders and so on, happens in the cricket too, if your any good, you can become an Aussie over night, makes me sick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back