2nds The new Peel

Remove this Banner Ad

Indeed, they're not bad numbers - that wasn't a problem for him last year.
His problem is he needs to show enough to be viewed as a best 22 contender at some stage this year, because he either needs to be upgraded or delisted. If he doesn't show something we don't already have in the best 22 or is an upgrade on a best 22 player he may find himself a victim of circumstance.

Schloithe is deceptively quick, and whilst he doesn't have the greatest endurance, gives an honest effort despite an unusual running style. Ross seems quite keen to work with him at training

Does anyone know how the TV rights work? Will Peel and East Perth games get guaranteed coverage? Never really gave two shits about the WAFL before, but come 2014 I wouldn't mind catching these games.
In answer to this question - the first WAFL game to be telecast in a couple of weeks is - you guessed it - East Perth and West Perth

In answer to this question - the first WAFL game to be telecast in a couple of weeks is - you guessed it - East Perth and West Perth

Wk 2 - East Perth vs someone
Wk 3 - East Perth vs someone
Wk 4 - East Perth vs someone
Wk 5 - East Perth vs someone

At least we'll get to see Peel a few times a year when they're playing the Royals.

Wk 2 - East Perth vs someone
Wk 3 - East Perth vs someone
Wk 4 - East Perth vs someone
Wk 5 - East Perth vs someone

At least we'll get to see Peel a few times a year when they're playing the Royals.
Wk 2 is Peel Vs East Perth...the same day of the Western Derby. Coincidence?

Nope, he's been on our rookie list for 2 years now? If he's no sniff for a game this year he'll be cut.

Sound like he improved a lot last year. Went from being a defensive forward to tagging and playing in the midfield, and doing pretty well from what I could remember. Very good tackler and very quick from all accounts. Learning how to find more of the ball.

If he can continue to build his tank, spend more time in the midfield and continue to improve I can't see why we'd ditch him. Even if he doesn't land himself a game. It's not like he's tieing up a senior spot.

With Crichton, Suban and Pitt all on an apparent uptick, list management is going to be very interesting at the end of this year.

Peel are having an intra club game tomorrow night at the same time as the Freo game. I wonder if any of our boys will be playing?

I don't think it's a coincidence, all except best 22 (Barlow, Ballas, Mayne etc..) will be getting managed game time just like the guys in Melbourne, that way recovery and training rhythm will be as close to the guys who travelled as possible.

If he can continue to build his tank, spend more time in the midfield and continue to improve I can't see why we'd ditch him. Even if he doesn't land himself a game. It's not like he's tieing up a senior spot.
The end of 2013 will signal the end of 3 years of Sloithe being on the rookie list, according to the rules he either must be upgraded to the senior list or delisted and redrafted in the rookie draft.

The end of 2013 will signal the end of 3 years of Sloithe being on the rookie list, according to the rules he either must be upgraded to the senior list or delisted and redrafted in the rookie draft.
Wasn't he picked up end of 2011, with Spurr and JWK? Wouldn't that give him until end of season 2014 before his three years on the rookie list were complete?

Wasn't he picked up end of 2011, with Spurr and JWK? Wouldn't that give him until end of season 2014 before his three years on the rookie list were complete?
if hes not in our NAB Cup lists this year then its just semantics. Kid is good but there's a fair few ahead of him. Expect our rookie list to be filled with KPP for the next two years. Especially after todays effort.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I heard they played West Perth?

Edit: Sorry just checked and WP played Souths (Mellington 22 poss) but apparently WP ressies played Peel. got my wires crossed.

Got bored so started reading some 2011 mock drafts. Came across this

#25 St Kilda - Thomas Sheridan (VIC – Mid/Util)
Height: 185cm, Weight: 76kg, DOB: 28/10/1993
Recruited from: Calder Cannons
Style:
Player comparison: Jake Melksham
Range: 15-45
Profile: Versatile type who can play mid, forward, back all pretty comfortably. Has put together some pretty reasonable form this season and continues to get good numbers. Skill level is good and has that really solid endurance base already. Doesn’t have that top level pace or those real standout qualities but is a really nice all rounder. Draft combine showed that his endurance is right up there with the best in the business. What the draft combine also confirmed in my mind is that Sheridan is a clown off the field. This doesn’t necessarily mean he doesn’t work hard on and off the field, more so that he enjoys the practical joking sides of things and likely would be one of the less serious personalities around the club, so a professional and successful environment might be the best thing for him.

Dafuq did I just read? Does this guy think AFL players are robots, that there not allowed to have a sense of humor or even have lives outside of footy? Also, he says a 'professional environment' yet he has them going to St Kilda, lol the guy has no idea.

Simpson didn't play and I have no idea what is going on with Alex Forster. Schloithe had a quiet day, Duffy kicked two goals.

Simpson didn't play and I have no idea what is going on with Alex Forster. Schloithe had a quiet day, Duffy kicked two goals.
That's interesting. Good to get a sense of how these guys are going. Do you know if Duffy learning to be a team man? The last thing that is likely to impress Ross is a non team oriented forward. I thought Pitt was a bit stiff to drop out of the main squad after a couple of promising efforts. Curious how he went in the praccie. Moller and Michie too.

Simpson probs just given a rest.

That's interesting. Good to get a sense of how these guys are going. Do you know if Duffy learning to be a team man? The last thing that is likely to impress Ross is a non team oriented forward. I thought Pitt was a bit stiff to drop out of the main squad after a couple of promising efforts. Curious how he went in the praccie. Moller and Michie too.

Simpson probs just given a rest.

Thought I had read that Lyon was very keen on us drafting Duffy.

It will be interesting to see how often Peel and East Perth feature on the ABC's sat arvo WAFL spot. I have a sneaking suspicion that East Perth will get more airtime.

ABC coverage and as usual they will be terrified of anyone claiming bias so we might only see them in 2 or 3 games and the West Australian will as usual tell us as little as possible. where as they will write 3 storys a week on East Perth.

I see that West Perth has been promised a new high quality development centre by both the libs and labor . they are seriously pushing for a 3rd A F L franchise in W.A but don't want it to be called West perth .

Posted this in another thread but seems best suited here:

From across the league:
Paul Bower (ex Carlton - medium to tall defender)
James Hawksley (ex Brisbane - midfielder)
Cruze Gartlett (ex North - midfielder)
Marlon Motlop (ex Port - small forward)
Jarrhan Jacky (ex Adelaide - small forward)
Kyle Reimers (ex Essendon - small forward) Chose to play with Perth

From our team:
Hayden Ballantyne, Anthony Morabito, Michael Barlow, Jesse Crichton, Peter Faulks, Viv Michie, Tom Sheridan, Zac Clarke, Hayden Crozier, Jayden Pitt, Tanner Smith, Jack Hannath, Matthew Taberner

These players from our team will play with their respective WAFL clubs for another season then join in 2014:
Claremont: Matt deBoer, Nick Suban, Nathan Fyfe, Alex Silvagni
East Fremantle: Matthew Pavlich, Aaron Sandilands, Jonathon Griffin, Garrick Ibbotson, Luke McPharlin, Sam Menegola, Cameron Sutcliffe, Josh Simpson, Max Duffy, Alex Howson
Swan Districts: Clancee Pearce, Michael Walters, Lachie Neale, Alex Forster
Perth: Michael Johnson, Chris Mayne, Tendai Mzungu
Subiaco: Ryan Crowley, David Mundy
South Fremantle: Paul Duffield, Haiden Schloithe
West Perth: Kepler Bradley, Stephen Hill, Josh Mellington

They should be able to put together a reasonable team.

PEEL's best players:

Brendon Jones - small midfielder, 175cm, 26 y.o, best and fairest winner 2012 and captain, good accumulator of the ball
Patrick Travers - midfielder, 181cm, 27 y.o, another accumulator
Bradley Holmes - forward, 183cm, 24 y.o, stocky, good mark for size
Kristin Thornton - HFF, 184cm, 24 y.o, played for Sydney Swans for a while, did an ACL, hung around on the list but never made it following the injury, B&F for PEEL 2011
Matt Orzel - Midfielder, 180cm, 27 y.o, runner up B&F 2012
Toby Gianatti - HBF, 22 y.o, 3rd B&F 2012 from only 12 games

Happy for this list to be added to by Peel supporters. I know very little about the list.

Update; PEEL lose Crichton, Faulks, Michie and Pitt but gain a massive influx of Fremantle listed players. In saying that, very few played a lot of WAFL through 2013. They'll get Ryan Lester-Smith provided he lasts through the national draft also.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back