2nds The new Peel

Remove this Banner Ad

Update; PEEL lose Crichton, Faulks, Michie and Pitt but gain a massive influx of Fremantle listed players. In saying that, very few played a lot of WAFL through 2013. They'll get Ryan Lester-Smith provided he lasts through the national draft also.

Yes and who we draft and trade this year.

Silvia and Gumby (if we get him) would play for Freo not Peel unless down on form or coming back from injury but the ND picks and rookie would most likely play for Peel unless they are jets.

Menegola, Morrabito (if available), Sheridan, Simpson, Crozier, Smith, Duffy, Mellington (if no transfer takes place). Neale, Sutcliffe, Silvagni, Hannath, Moller, Taberner + ND and rookie picks.

Looks like a strong side with players from Peel such as Hawksley, Bower, Orzell (if he doesn't leave), Mottlop, McPharlane and Garlett just to name.

Note: a number of Freo players such as Neale, Sutty and Crozier I would expect to play for Freo for big parts of the season due to form and injuries.

Note: a number of Freo players such as Neale, Sutty and Crozier I would expect to play for Freo for big parts of the season due to form and injuries.

What about Sheridan? IMO with his massive fitness base he'll feature more than Croz with the capped rotations next year

1.Fyfe
2.Pavlich
3.McPharlin
4.Sandilands
5.Mundy
6.Barlow
7.Johnson
8.Walters
9.Hill
10.Sylvia
11.Crowley
12.Mayne
13.Ballantyne
14.Dawson
15.Duffield
16.Ibbotson
17.Spurr
18.C.Pearce
19.Clarke
20.D.Pearce
21.Mzungu
22.Neale
23.Suban
24.Sutcliffe
25.DeBoer
26.Crozier
27.Griffin
28.Sheridan
29.Hannath
30.Morabito
31.Bradley
32.Taberner
33.Smith
34.Silvagni

Either way you look at it, if 12 of those players are named for PEEL they are going to be much more competitive than this year. And we'll probably add Gumbleton which will make it 13 players. The only senior players i've left out of the list are those that were less than effective at WAFL level, Simpson and Duffy. Both were borderline selections throughout the year.

Duffy will play league, so will Menengola.

What have you seen that makes you say that? Duffy appeared to have a disappointing season after the year he got recruited and Menagola whilst a monster athlete does not appear to dominate on the field. Just interested in your optimism.

1.Fyfe
2.Pavlich
3.McPharlin
4.Sandilands
5.Mundy
6.Barlow
7.Johnson
8.Walters
9.Hill
10.Sylvia
11.Crowley
12.Mayne
13.Ballantyne
14.Dawson
15.Duffield
16.Ibbotson
17.Spurr
18.C.Pearce
19.Clarke
20.D.Pearce
21.Mzungu
22.Neale
23.Suban
24.Sutcliffe
25.DeBoer
26.Crozier
27.Griffin
28.Sheridan
29.Hannath
30.Morabito
31.Bradley
32.Taberner
33.Smith
34.Silvagni

Either way you look at it, if 12 of those players are named for PEEL they are going to be much more competitive than this year. And we'll probably add Gumbleton which will make it 13 players. The only senior players i've left out of the list are those that were less than effective at WAFL level, Simpson and Duffy. Both were borderline selections throughout the year.

Is that in order of your ranking? If so good list, maybe generous to Sylvia by a few!

Yes and who we draft and trade this year.

Silvia and Gumby (if we get him) would play for Freo not Peel unless down on form or coming back from injury but the ND picks and rookie would most likely play for Peel unless they are jets.

Menegola, Morrabito (if available), Sheridan, Simpson, Crozier, Smith, Duffy, Mellington (if no transfer takes place). Neale, Sutcliffe, Silvagni, Hannath, Moller, Taberner + ND and rookie picks.

Looks like a strong side with players from Peel such as Hawksley, Bower, Orzell (if he doesn't leave), Mottlop, McPharlane and Garlett just to name.

Bower might have left the club. Since the season ended he hasn't been at his 'day job' at all. Was told he went back to Melbourne.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rough order, i think you're going to be pleasantly surprised by Sylvia. Personally i think anyone below 12 could find themselves outside the 22 depending on form and their preseason.

plonk crowley + Mayne ahead of sylvia and id agree. DOnt think either of these 2 will be dropped and although i rate Sylvia he's not like these 2 in that their 'role players' so bad form = a drop for him i'd think.

For arguments sake; using my own list of rankings.

BP: ???? Smith ????
HB: Sutcliffe Silvagni ????
C: Sheridan Suban Menagola
HF: Crozier Taberner Duffy
F: Simpson Bradley Lester-Smith
R: Griffin Morabito DeBoer
Int: Hannath ???? ???? ????

Emer: Moller ???? ????

Midfield looks thin, as does our defensive ranks,, can't see a Johnson understudy. Small forwards and rucks we are in surplus. Key forwards need not be mentioned.

In truth Perth should be the Peagles. Short sighted by the Footy Commission, as Perth are in need of a leg up and I reckon when the Eagles get "moved" out of Subi, Lathlain has alot of room for expansion of facilities. Anyway ......... off topic.

Will still fight hard for the Duckies but will keep an eye on Peel.
I was a Demons supporter in my youth... Have to admit only keeping half an eye on the WAFL these days, but hard to keep following them in spite of that.

For arguments sake; using my own list of rankings.

BP: ???? Smith ????
HB: Sutcliffe Silvagni ????
C: Sheridan Suban Menagola
HF: Crozier Taberner Duffy
F: Simpson Bradley Lester-Smith
R: Griffin Morabito DeBoer
Int: Hannath ???? ???? ????

Emer: Moller ???? ????

Midfield looks thin, as does our defensive ranks,, can't see a Johnson understudy. Small forwards and rucks we are in surplus. Key forwards need not be mentioned.

midfield not to thin when you remind yourself it's a wafl side.
My side is not to dis-similar. but i prefer suban to C. Pearce. might get slaughtered for that though.
I'd prefer Moller getting games than Bradley in 2's tbh. But really you need 3 tall forward, so Moller, Bradley, Taberner, with Resting Ruck + Simpson/Crozier + Lester-Smith/Duffy
then probably to tall so tough balance!!! Which IMO is where morabito becomes valuable as that third tall. at this stage we can include mellington also, would have them alternating forward and on ball.
Here goes nothing -INCLUDING PEEL PLAYERS!! (Not to aware on most of them)
FB - Smith Silvagni C. Pearce
HB - Sutcliffe Bower Menagola
C - Sheridan DeBoer(Tag) Crozier
HF - Lester-Smith Tabener Motlop
FF - Simpson Moller Mellington
FOL - Clarke** Jones, Morabito
BENCH - Hannath, Duffy, Orzel, Garlett

midfield not to thin when you remind yourself it's a wafl side.
My side is not to dis-similar. but i prefer suban to C. Pearce. might get slaughtered for that though.
I'd prefer Moller getting games than Bradley in 2's tbh. But really you need 3 tall forward, so Moller, Bradley, Taberner, with Resting Ruck + Simpson/Crozier + Lester-Smith/Duffy
then probably to tall so tough balance!!! Which IMO is where morabito becomes valuable as that third tall. at this stage we can include mellington also, would have them alternating forward and on ball.
Here goes nothing -INCLUDING PEEL PLAYERS!! (Not to aware on most of them)
FB - Smith Silvagni C. Pearce
HB - Sutcliffe Bower Menagola
C - Sheridan DeBoer(Tag) Crozier
HF - Lester-Smith Tabener Motlop
FF - Simpson Moller Mellington
FOL - Clarke** Jones, Morabito
BENCH - Hannath, Duffy, Orzel, Garlett

Interesting point, I'm starting to think Bradley will get delisted if we acquire Gumbleton.

INs: Taberner, Syvlia, Gumbleton, 1st pick, 2nd pick, (don't need to use 3rd because of Taberner upgrade, but quite unusual for us not to use 3 ND picks)
OUTs: Pitt, Michie, Faulks, Crichton, Mellington/Bradley/both?

Interesting point, I'm starting to think Bradley will get delisted if we acquire Gumbleton.

INs: Taberner, Syvlia, Gumbleton, 1st pick, 2nd pick, (don't need to use 3rd because of Taberner upgrade, but quite unusual for us not to use 3 ND picks)
OUTs: Pitt, Michie, Faulks, Crichton, Mellington/Bradley/both?

Due to de-listings, trades and FA I would almost put money that we will take 3 in the draft.

Yes we have to upgrade Taberner but we can do that with our 8th round pick at around 128. Don't forget that we have delisted 4 from the main list and we will trade 2, (Michie and Mello) whilst only picking up 2 (Sylvia and Gumby possibly). One upgrade leaves us with 3 slots.

What have you seen that makes you say that? Duffy appeared to have a disappointing season after the year he got recruited and Menagola whilst a monster athlete does not appear to dominate on the field. Just interested in your optimism.

Well, he played a new role as more of a high half forward this season as he had to share his usual position in the forward line with Lester-Smith+ probably because Freo wanted him to learn to play there + he had trouble for a lot of the second half of the season with hamstrings. He has also played 2 years of league footy for East Fremantle so he is obviously league level and he is only 20 years of age. He played some very good footy for East Freo in 2012 but just lacks accuracy, consistency and tends to make the simple look difficult. There are question marks over whether he will make the transition to AFL but unless he completely loses interest in footy I can't see why he wouldn't have a good career at WAFL level.

He kicked 16-18 in 12 games as more of a high half forward this season.
and 33-32 in 2012 playing in his usual forward role in 15 games.
Lester -Smith in 16 games in 2013 kicked 43-20 that's where the difference is.

Menengola is good enough to play league at WAFL level. Could work harder than he does in some games but can also have a very solid impact in other games. I'm a little confused about him, he should be an excellent footballer but he just isn't quite. Can't put my finger on what the problem is. I would have to see him play more . He is certainly better than 19 possies a game. Anyway, can't think of one reason he wouldn't get a regular game for Peel. With all due respect to Peel he is a lot better than most of what they have got to throw up, even if it is only because of the extra physicality and running ability he can offer..

Due to de-listings, trades and FA I would almost put money that we will take 3 in the draft.

Yes we have to upgrade Taberner but we can do that with our 8th round pick at around 128. Don't forget that we have delisted 4 from the main list and we will trade 2, (Michie and Mello) whilst only picking up 2 (Sylvia and Gumby possibly). One upgrade leaves us with 3 slots.

IN: Sylvia, Gumbleton, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, Tab
OUT: Pitt, Faulks, Crichton, Michie, ??, ??

Mellington a likely trade, who else? Or are we planning to forgo a 3rd selection. We delisted Schloithe but he only free's up a rookie spot. So your theory of 4 delistings only gives 3 main list spots.

IN: Sylvia, Gumbleton, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, Tab
OUT: Pitt, Faulks, Crichton, Michie, ??, ??

Mellington a likely trade, who else? Or are we planning to forgo a 3rd selection. We delisted Schloithe but he only free's up a rookie spot. So your theory of 4 delistings only gives 3 main list spots.
Forster

Remove this Banner Ad

Back