2nds The new Peel

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting point, I'm starting to think Bradley will get delisted if we acquire Gumbleton.

INs: Taberner, Syvlia, Gumbleton, 1st pick, 2nd pick, (don't need to use 3rd because of Taberner upgrade, but quite unusual for us not to use 3 ND picks)
OUTs: Pitt, Michie, Faulks, Crichton, Mellington/Bradley/both?

Orzel won't be at Peel next year....

My wife said he wasn't happy with the Freo players and that he was dropped for a game when he was clearly best 22 to make way for Freo players playing in his position.

Exactly right which is why he left Claremont in the first place and wont be surprised to see him back at Claremont given the losses they will have this off season

Exactly right which is why he left Claremont in the first place and wont be surprised to see him back at Claremont given the losses they will have this off season

Yep he said that he was moving away from there for a frash start. Orzel will be a big loss he was one of their best players last season and it wouldn't surprise me if a few others left too. They wouldn't want to lose C Garlett and Motlopp those guys also played well.

Forgot about him. So one of 3 things happen; Mellington is traded/delisted (with a year on contract), we don't use our 3rd round selection, or we delist someone else (Possibly Kepler).

Something like that, but we haven't got Gumby yet so there is another few options. He doesn't come and we keep Mello, so we remain with 3 active selections before the Tabener upgrade. He doesn't come and we still loose Mello (trade) then we have to take 4 in the draft.

O and last but not lease Bondy or someone hinted at a game changing trade so who knows where that's at. I rate the chance of this at about 1 chance in 50.

I'm on board Peel Thunder now that we are aligned.

I have changed my support from Souths to Peel and contemplating buying a silver or social membership even though I can't attend games.

I joined last year and its a good value membership.Great facilities,real beer in a great bar section good viewing and atmosphere plus watching the Freo young uns strutt their stuff.What more could you want:)

Unfortunately after speaking to a few Peel players they will be decimated by players leaving. Unlike East Perth there isn't the hardened WAFL veterans at Peel which would help the young Freo players. As mentioned before many of the fringe/good league players would not like it if a young AFL player takes their spot, especially when they do not deserve it. I can see a long year ahead for Peel. Once you take out the usual amount of injuries the Peel side will be very thin.

Seriously Seppo, you shouldn't stop supporting Souths. :rainbow:

I support Souths but show a keen interest in Peel.

Living in Melbourne is quite hard to support South Freo anyway, only watched 2 games on delay with iView this season.

I have more of a reason to support Peel now and I was never a die hard WAFL fan to begin with.
I only supported the Dogs because my old man did, my first WAFL game I remember going to was the '92 Derby GF that Souths lost. :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Living in Melbourne is quite hard to support South Freo anyway, only watched 2 games on delay with iView this season.

I have more of a reason to support Peel now and I was never a die hard WAFL fan to begin with.
I only supported the Dogs because my old man did, my first WAFL game I remember going to was the '92 Derby GF that Souths lost. :(

Losing GF's are not fun to go thru. :(

I couldnt imagine not supporting the Sharks, typical Dogs supporters deserting the ship. ;)

Unfortunately after speaking to a few Peel players they will be decimated by players leaving. Unlike East Perth there isn't the hardened WAFL veterans at Peel which would help the young Freo players. As mentioned before many of the fringe/good league players would not like it if a young AFL player takes their spot, especially when they do not deserve it. I can see a long year ahead for Peel. Once you take out the usual amount of injuries the Peel side will be very thin.

I got the same feeling of dissent from a former player. Feels it won't promote the local league players to strive to make the grade. Peel have been cellar dwellars since their inception. The reality for the majority of their fringe players, is they would be reserve grade at other clubs.

If they aren't in the first 10-15 at Peel, then chances are they won't get selected at a rival WAFL club to play league anyway. At most we are going to field 10 players. If you look at the averages its probably far less than that. We just need to retain their 10 best, the rest will sort itself out. If they lose their top 10 2014 will be a struggle.

I got the same feeling of dissent from a former player. Feels it won't promote the local league players to strive to make the grade. Peel have been cellar dwellars since their inception. The reality for the majority of their fringe players, is they would be reserve grade at other clubs.
So this former player didn't see the obvious disconnect in his thinking there?

I suppose it depends on who you talk to.
After speaking with Peel players myself I've got a different story. With guys like Bower leaving the club, Brendan Jones(C) retiring, Michie going to Melbourne and Crichton and Faulks being delisted by Fremantle, there up to 5 quality WAFL standard players who won't be at Peel in 2014. But with the influx of guys like Bradley, Morabito, Griffin, Silvagni, Gumbleton, Sutcliffe, Suban, C.Pearce and/or Ibbottson those guys, or whoever isn't best 22 at the time should fill those spots. Some of these players could be on rehab programs for chunks of the season as well so the number of current WAFL Peel players to get a game should remain reasonably static. As well as the improvement in guys like Duffy, Taberner, Sheridan, Hannath, Moller, etc I personally don't think the club will be worse off.
"Business as usual" was the team put to me.

I live in Mandurah and another reason peel fields a weak WAFL team is that the PFL clubs like Pinjarra pay big money for players. You can see why alot of guys don't play for peel when they are getting $500+ per game playing PFL in a strong team instead of getting belted for $150. Pinjarra won the flag this year and had about 10 peel league or reserve players from last year.

Assuming a fit Sandi, Clarke, Pav and Gumby how does Peel fit Taberner, Apeness, Pearce, Griffin, Hannath, Moller, Bradley in one team?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back