Perth Stadium (Optus Stadium)

Remove this Banner Ad

ClIRVUVUYAQlqed.jpg:large

From NewPerthStadium twitter

Yes but I have a feeling they don't want to make it concrete because that means that the WAFC will have no choice and the state government will give them a bad deal. So if they keep it open there is more of a chance to get a better deal. If you look at it, its the best deal for the WAFC to get a sharing of facilities meaning they don't have to take the cost of running their own facilities.

They want a redevelopment, with no way to make a large amount of capital with previous plans failing, think about it. Trust me the WACA and WAFC are in a similar boat however in recent time the WACA seems to be a bit better off. But nowhere near being comfortable.

It has to. The only other option is that the AFL takes over and trust me if you think we are getting a raw deal now, you've seen nothing. Also all it has to do is streamline and become more efficient. Remember running a stadium of Subiaco's size takes a large team so when thats gone the WAFC will be a much smaller entity and finally be focused on state football. Also once WCE move out of Subi there is really no reason for them to focus on AFL teams at all except when receiving money.
I don't know much about WA football but why do the AFL teams still have to hand money over to WAFC even after WCE move out?

I don't know much about WA football but why do the AFL teams still have to hand money over to WAFC even after WCE move out?
It is due to the fact that the WAFC own the AFL team licence meaning that the club has to pay royalties to the WAFC, which to be honest don't know if it is a percentage of profit or what. It basically means that WCE and FFC are the only stand alone clubs in the AFL.

This stadiums going to be the best stadium in the league, guaranteed. Exception only to MCG GF. Never been to WA but I will be now

The WAFC own the Eagles and Dockers, so naturally their profits go to their owners just like any other business. The WAFC take 60% of the two clubs profits.
If they did not do that Football in WA would die at all levels.
The Eagles and Dockers certainly don't like this arrangement but they could not care less about anyone other than themselves as they are AFL clubs. Comes with the territory of being in the AFL self interest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The last pitch at the WACA wasn't all that good, so the bar has been set low
Too true, I got so bored i wanted to get a chisel and create a crack to make it more interesting.

Hopefully all this testing at Gloucester Park will mean that it will be at least half decent.

Still not happy with any cricket other than the 20/20 being played at the new stadium.
Even an ashes test there will be only 5-8 thousand people on the last two days in a big concrete jungle.
I much prefer cricket at the WACA, they will not be able to replicate the pitch so no need to even think they can.
The last pitch was a disgrace but not the fault of the WACA, they follow orders from CA to produce roads which is why Cam Sutherland left. He worked so hard to get it right then gets told to produce highways.

Still not happy with any cricket other than the 20/20 being played at the new stadium.
Even an ashes test there will be only 5-8 thousand people on the last two days in a big concrete jungle.
I much prefer cricket at the WACA, they will not be able to replicate the pitch so no need to even think they can.
The last pitch was a disgrace but not the fault of the WACA, they follow orders from CA to produce roads which is why Cam Sutherland left. He worked so hard to get it right then gets told to produce highways.

I'd prefer the WACA too, but IMHO the WA Govt are looking for an international event that can attract international visitors & the Ashes fills that bill.

Cricket does not need roads - good point whitepointer. James Sutherland should keep out of wicket prep.

Yeah it will be great ....I'm glad it's not far away too ...only just over a years time and joint will be pumping

60,000 fans roaring will make the place noisy

Imagine the free kicks we will get ...LOLLLL....BAHHH....:p.........:)

I see the Matera's are getting their name up early ?.

Naming a wing or forward pocket ?.

Looks like it is behind the goals at the western end.
But I like your thinking.
P.Matera & Mainwaring wings
Ph.Matera & C.Lewis pockets
Kemp centre square
Sumich and McIntosh goals

Remove this Banner Ad

Back