Perth Stadium (Optus Stadium)

Remove this Banner Ad

They have a cashless festival in Hobart over summer. Generally was said to work okay from the consumer, didn't work well for the stallholder but that was another issue. They are persisting with it, so it can and probably will be done.

“Some people don’t know how to use ATMs and I think they should make sure all types of payments are allowed.”

- Wouldnt going cashless solve this problem?

Card readers have had issues in the past with their connections, so no cash for big games would be a risk

Will an extra 17k seats solve the problem of fans not getting to watch their team live.
Edit: obviously it'll help but is it enough
Yeah, 8-10k will be set aside for general admission...50 000 Eagles and Dockers members cap means market forces will drive the prices up and keep the Coasters the wealthiest, and atmospheric games

I used to hear that 20 000 more seats can also be squeezed in a decade or so down the track, but havent heard that clarified for years.

Yeah, 8-10k will be set aside for general admission...50 000 Eagles and Dockers members cap means market forces will drive the prices up and keep the Coasters the wealthiest, and atmospheric games

I used to hear that 20 000 more seats can also be squeezed in a decade or so down the track, but havent heard that clarified for years.

8-10k GA .... will it stack up in $ terms? If you are correct, the only way extra club members will get a seat is whatever version of 3 game membership is adopted.
Hopefully the stadium manager doesn't grab seating & compete with the clubs as the MCG & Etihad do.

Looks like 17 trusses up (newPerthStadium twitter)

Cnr_RfhVYAA9ocp.jpg:large

Cn2YMOVUkAAYRCI.jpg:large

Some NearMap & Flickr pics here:

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1740230&page=111

I had a look on NearMap (thinking it was very narrow). It looks closer to the satdium than it really is. It is in the parkland with an unseen lake between the limestone blocks & the stadium.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did some reading. Looks like the GF is at the MCG until 2037.
http://www.worldofwookie.com/aflbusiness/?page_id=1318

Correct. But it's the path forward for a truly national comp.

So true. All the football teamed states will be up for it regarding afl grand finals once perth stadiums built. Would be monumental and allow qld and nsw to really open their hearts to the game. But now it's still too vic centric. And will be for a long time yet if not for all of time.

Will be looking forward to travelling over to Perth when this new stadium is built. Looks impressive. How far is it from the CBD? NIB Stadium distance?

Not too far from Perth Oval (currently aka nib). Just on the other side of the river. A few more kms away from CBD.

Options would be train station next to stadium, bus from CBD to near WACA or drop off behind Gloucester Park & walk across Swan River on new pedestrian bridge, walk across Graham Farmer Fwy bridge over Swan River, park at WACA car park and walk over new pedestrian bridge, etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back