Perth Stadium (Optus Stadium)

Remove this Banner Ad

The fact that it is obviously cheaper to build them in Malaysia and transport them here shows you how expensive it is to build anything in aus. Remember this is just a small part considering the whole stadium structure was manufactured in WA.

It would be interesting to see just how much the difference was. I suspect it was a very significant amount.

From newPerthStadium twitter...

The Perth Stadium Station is over 64% complete with the facade cladding almost complete

Cuh66iWUsAA1abm.jpg:large

From Monday
47 roof trusses are up. Only 3 more to go. The countdown is on!

CucvuQKUsAEAPic.jpg:large

Went for a bike ride over the weekend and got a good look at it up close, the cladding isn't what I was expecting from the render's was expecting a more "coppery / wooden" type colour, it is a lot darker up close. When the sun hit it was a fair bit better, it isn't bad just not quite like the renders.

Went for a bike ride over the weekend and got a good look at it up close, the cladding isn't what I was expecting from the render's was expecting a more "coppery / wooden" type colour, it is a lot darker up close. When the sun hit it was a fair bit better, it isn't bad just not quite like the renders.
Are they ever like the renders ?

Inquired about the darker cladding myself - apparently it will take a few years for the metal to turn to the colour indicated in the renders.

Bridge should have been built in WA. What a joke.
My uncle owns a steel fabrication business here in Perth, put in a heap of quotes for various jobs to do with the bridge, none were approved. The fabrication companies in WA that won the contracts we're only able to do so because nearly all of their workforce is 457 visa workers from the Phillipines and China working for peanuts. It's an absolute disgrace.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My uncle owns a steel fabrication business here in Perth, put in a heap of quotes for various jobs to do with the bridge, none were approved. The fabrication companies in WA that won the contracts we're only able to do so because nearly all of their workforce is 457 visa workers from the Phillipines and China working for peanuts. It's an absolute disgrace.
You can see what the Libs priorities are...

It's a disgrace. But if our labour costs weren't so hig
You can see what the Libs priorities are...
There should be a 5% or 10% trigger that can be activated. Where the costs are a bit more expensive but we still take on wa content

We are, but if we drop our labour coats to compete with China et al, there would be plenty of not-so-lucky people. Of course, there already are if we are missing out on contracts altogether but maybe one day we will have a leader capable of navigating issues such as these.
Article about the discoupling of productivity and wages in the US and its role in the Trump phenomenon. Low wages are fine, but they tend to turn into greater profit, not greater competitiveness.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back