Perth Stadium (Optus Stadium)

Remove this Banner Ad

the Government are reeloaders? not getting much credit for their $1.2 billion...

Did I say that? If you read that into it, then to clarify, I was referring to the WACA & the stadium manager.

The 10k walk up seating was a poly speak ambit claim for the great unwashed aka the voting public.

The stadium is recycling the current rental paid to the WAFC at Subi, & appears to be keen to grab the current royalties paid to the WAFC (if the $claimed is a mil per game) to cover the $13mil claimed Ops budget & the Govt promise to the WA footy that it would not be worse off.

Remembering the government wanted 10k seats for walk ups, and the stadium managers want seats as well - IF all these freeloaders want to get on the AFL bandwagon, the Eagles & Dockers might have to auction their seating allocation to the highest bidders amongst their current seat holders & the waiting list might have to join the WACA to get a seat. .... :rolleyes: ....o_O

No wonder nothing is settled.
As per usual the initial frugalness is going to cost us in the long run.

Looks like the Armadale and Thornlie lines will close for two whole weeks 6th - 22nd January to to finish off the new station. Expect a flood of complaints.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/w...m-to-host-all-blacks-in-bledisloe-test/#page1

"WA has scored another major sporting coup with a blockbuster rugby union Bledisloe Cup clash between the Wallabies and All Blacks to be played at the new Perth Stadium.

The West Australian understands the State Government and the Australian Rugby Union will announce as early as today a multimillion-dollar deal for the heavyweight southern hemisphere rugby rivals to clash in Perth for the first time.

The ARU has been looking for venues for the Bledisloe matches since the NSW Government announced a $780 million redevelopment of ANZ Stadium that will mean the venue is not available between 2019 and 2022.

It is understood the Perth match will be played between August and October in one of those years, as part of the Rugby Championship series."

This would be huge.

I remember watching the All Blacks play WA at Perry Lakes many years ago. 90% of the crowd doing the haka was something to behold.

Well if you wanted 10k seats for the general public don't build a stadium that only just caters to the demand of these growing powerhouse clubs. Of course theres the upgrade but why would you only allow for a 10k seat upgrade? The population of Perth is expected to be 4.2mil by 2050 the minimum stadium size by then should be 80k with the view of hosting a grand final. Build it once, spend the money and do it right. This government lives by promise everything, build as much as cheap as possible, outsource it, blame the private company and then we have no money and average infrastructure.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/w...m-to-host-all-blacks-in-bledisloe-test/#page1

"WA has scored another major sporting coup with a blockbuster rugby union Bledisloe Cup clash between the Wallabies and All Blacks to be played at the new Perth Stadium.

The West Australian understands the State Government and the Australian Rugby Union will announce as early as today a multimillion-dollar deal for the heavyweight southern hemisphere rugby rivals to clash in Perth for the first time.

The ARU has been looking for venues for the Bledisloe matches since the NSW Government announced a $780 million redevelopment of ANZ Stadium that will mean the venue is not available between 2019 and 2022.

It is understood the Perth match will be played between August and October in one of those years, as part of the Rugby Championship series."

This would be huge.

I remember watching the All Blacks play WA at Perry Lakes many years ago. 90% of the crowd doing the haka was something to behold.
New Perth Stadium management to * it up and schedule it during AFL finals?

Why turn them off? **** me, we could build a hospital with the money the trains would generate in that time!
Public transport operates at a loss, so if anything, it will save them money.

It's a big job, some closures are unavoidable, they have chosen a time during the school and summer holidays to minimise disruption. That's my line, I'll cope.

Why turn them off? **** me, we could build a hospital with the money the trains would generate in that time!

They have to cut the rails and wires and connect up all the new ones. Damn Public Transport Authority bought the cheap trains that can't run without tracks and wires. Even if they could the damn unions wouldn't allow trains to run over the tracks while they are being worked on...

They have to cut the rails and wires and connect up all the new ones. Damn Public Transport Authority bought the cheap trains that can't run without tracks and wires. Even if they could the damn unions wouldn't allow trains to run over the tracks while they are being worked on...
With all this whinging and inconvenience we should promise them some light rail to the city....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

but no doubt will be at 530 WST.

Surely being the first game at the venue there will have to be a bit of give - whether that is a w/e game or a 6:30pm start is unknown. Not sure if the time difference to NZ will be factored in? maybe a Sat or Sunday game.

Last edited:
NewPerthStadium twitter
Lighter coloured glass now being installed in Stadium function rooms -what a difference! Work will be completed by early 2017

CzM3NzuUQAAVEgw.jpg:large

Remove this Banner Ad

Back