Perth Stadium (Optus Stadium)

Remove this Banner Ad

Yup, each in the wings member is entitled to 4 tickets, so it just means people from 3000 on in the list might be out of luck for awhile if everyone took up the option. Can pretty much guarantee there will still be a wait list after this is all divvied up
Surely that's exactly what the club wants. A waitlist allows them to keep having the highest prices in the country

On 6PR this evening an In The Wings member called and said ITW members will be offered 4 tickets (2 adults and 2 children) to the new stadium. Can Eagle members confirm?
Also I heard that all current members will be given the opportunity to buy extra seats.

Dockers members were able to enter a comp today to have a tour of the new stadium this Saturday - not sure if anyone on here will win a ticket and can report back here.

Also I heard that all current members will be given the opportunity to buy extra seats.
I dont think thats quite the case. If you have junior memberships - non access without seats then i think theres the option to apply for seats for them and once everyone else is sorted they can be allocated, in front of in the wings

I dont think thats quite the case. If you have junior memberships - non access without seats then i think theres the option to apply for seats for them and once everyone else is sorted they can be allocated, in front of in the wings

In the wings or non seated junior members can be added to a seating request group if they are immediate family. They need to produce a birth certificate as proof apparently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In the wings or non seated junior members can be added to a seating request group if they are immediate family. They need to produce a birth certificate as proof apparently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2a. Malcolm and Sandra signed up as Season members 15 years ago, before their kids were born. Their children, Will and Olivia, are now old enough to come to the football and have been junior members for the past five years. While they have applied for an upgrade at Domain Stadium for the past few years, as yet they have been unable to gain seats and are hoping this may change with the move to Perth Stadium.Malcolm and Sandra should list Will and Olivia on their grouping form. They will need to supply birth certificates in order to verify the family relationship (only immediate family will be permitted where Season members attempt to group with non-access members). Once the grouping phase has been completed, the club will assess its ability to assist groups with non-access members, as a sufficient amount of reserved seat inventory must be available to fulfil all current Season member requirements first. Malcolm and Sandra will be advised of the club’s ability to help before their Seat Secure window. Malcolm and Sandra will not be disadvantaged in any way by listing Will and Olivia in their group.

Yup, each in the wings member is entitled to 4 tickets, so it just means people from 3000 on in the list might be out of luck for awhile if everyone took up the option. Can pretty much guarantee there will still be a wait list after this is all divvied up

Some version of 3 game membership do the trick?

Like efc, where they sell them in blocks for certain rounds?

Good thought 74, wasn't aware of that strategy at the Bombers - I was suggesting 3 game membership style offering, not just 11 game. 10,000 extra seats, 30,000 x 3 (& 4) members was the strategy suggested to me by someone would know more than 2 years back.

Good thought 74, wasn't aware of that strategy at the Bombers - I was suggesting 3 game membership style offering, not just 11 game. 10,000 extra seats, 30,000 x 3 (& 4) members was the strategy suggested to me by someone would know more than 2 years back.
Haven't heard anything from WCE or FFC about 3 game memberships, so I don't think they will be going down the route. Think about it, the only reason to do it would be to reduce the waiting list, which WCE especially don't really care about, the only people that care are those on the waiting list. Also at the moment they thousands of people on a waiting list who are paying money just to receive a membership pack every year essentially. Honestly if they wanted to I'm sure they would do it but to change the whole membership system for it I don't think it becomes worthwhile for the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haven't heard anything from WCE or FFC about 3 game memberships, so I don't think they will be going down the route. Think about it, the only reason to do it would be to reduce the waiting list, which WCE especially don't really care about, the only people that care are those on the waiting list. Also at the moment they thousands of people on a waiting list who are paying money just to receive a membership pack every year essentially. Honestly if they wanted to I'm sure they would do it but to change the whole membership system for it I don't think it becomes worthwhile for the club.

No change to the status quo for current members, just the additional seating at the new stadium subject to a different offer. It was on the table internally at the Eagles 2 years back.

Doesn't the Adelaide teams have some kind of arrangement where 3 game members are admitted into general admission area? Would like to know exactly how that works, and would expect a similar arrangement at our new ground.

Doesn't the Adelaide teams have some kind of arrangement where 3 game members are admitted into general admission area? Would like to know exactly how that works, and would expect a similar arrangement at our new ground.

Yes

Cows
  • General Admission access for up to 3 Crows home matches at Adelaide Oval (subject to capacity)*#
  • Membership card
  • Membership kit, including Member lanyard, pin, sticker & fixture magnet
  • Member cap
  • Option to upgrade to a reserved seat^
  • Option to join the Wait List for a season reserved seat
  • Priority access to purchase a ticket for Week 1-3 Toyota AFL Finals Series subject to availability and Crows participation
No Power

General admission access for your choice of 3 Power home games, a great value introductory membership product.

Additional fees and charges may apply to General Admission Memberships. Members’ access to matches is not guaranteed. Access is subject to capacity and the Club recommends that Members reserve a seat in order to guarantee entry, particularly at high demand matches. Access may be gained to designated, unreserved seating on a first-come, first served basis subject to availability and Members can upgrade to a reserved seat at the venue for an additional fee subject to availability. Ticket agencies may charge a booking fee which is to be covered by the Member.

Essendon offer 3 and 6 game memberships. With essentially the same conditions. Upgrade to reserved seat at a cost.

That would be so sick.
Is anyone out there seriously advocating for this?

It would be quite easy for the second tier premiers (less AFL affiliated clubs) to play off to become national champions.
The minimum would be WAFL premier Vs SANFL premier built as state Vs state game. Should run at a profit.

Anyone else notice how those gaps in the roof might be mildly annoying to the players when the roof casts a shadow over the ground?

When it's full sunlight or full shadow your eyes will at least have a chance to adapt, but when you're about to go for a mark and then at the last second you move into one of those slits of sunlight I can see the players being blinded by the sunlight.

Am I missing something here? Are those gaps in the roof going to be covered?

If not, how can all that combined IQ involved in the building of the stadium not notice this potential problem in the design?

Last edited:
Anyone else notice how those gaps in the roof might be mildly annoying to the players when the roof casts a shadow over the ground?

When it's full sunlight or full shadow your eyes will at least have a chance to adapt, but when you're about to go for a mark and then at the last second you move into one of those slits of sunlight I can see the players being blinded by the sunlight.

Am I missing something here? Are those gaps in the roof going to be covered?

If not, how can all that combined IQ involved in the building of the stadium not notice this potential problem in the design?
They will be covered just look at the graphics, renders etc of the final stadium. Same thing happened at AO re the big eastern stand and 5 curved roof areas which were going to be called 5 individual pavilions but ended up being called 5 stands. It took a couple months before they filled in the small gap between each curved roof joining area. I suspect it has something to do with the extra stress and tension needed in those areas so they leave it closer to completion to finalise doing them.

Why does everyone have to be happy with it ? Nobody's happy with it atm .
Make it an election issue.

How does that deliver any/what solution versus Mr Goyder: Those who know him say he is not parochial, he is even-handed. He is not one for horse-trading and favours.
A political solution will a committee solution.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back