Perth Stadium (Optus Stadium)

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes, I'd be ecstatic if they were paying money and paying off the stadium. But are they ?

Yes, Perth cheaped out and we're paying the price for it now.
Sydney cheaped out on so many occasions it's not funny.

There was a huge amount of pressure applied to West Australian football yet zero pressure pressure on cricket to come to the party.
We could have had the new stadium substantially cheaper at the WACA with the same arrangement as A.O.
But that was obviously to simple.

3093bc481579171e22ba3ada3a99b3c1--batman-meme-spiderman-meme.jpg

That's exactly what I was having a cry about a few months ago when they announced Ed Sheeran was opening the stadium.. why weren't they opening it with a community day.. turns out they are
They never said he would open the stadium. He was the earliest event booked at the time.

They were never going to open it with a maximum capacity crowd.
Need a few smaller crowds to test systems and have staff get up to speed.
Just speculating here
Wouldn't a sold out concert be ideal tbh?
It'd be a constant flow throughout the event rather than big rushes at the breaks like you'd get at a footy game.

And it allows all staff to get the experience.
A smaller crowd and they might shut off sections and not bring in all staff.

You always want to start with a small crowd so if something goes wrong with ticketing or anything else there is less of a disaster to the event. I remember going to a concert with just small local bands at Perth Arena before the "official" opening.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder if the local clubs or visiting clubs will have access for training sessions, or only on match day.

not a big fan of white/grey seats. gives a bit of a concrete bowl feel. timber colour seats would look amazing.

Just speculating here
Wouldn't a sold out concert be ideal tbh?
It'd be a constant flow throughout the event rather than big rushes at the breaks like you'd get at a footy game.

And it allows all staff to get the experience.
A smaller crowd and they might shut off sections and not bring in all staff.
At concerts the outlets get slammed for about an hour solid before the show starts, theyre worse than football.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back