Perth Stadium (Optus Stadium)

Remove this Banner Ad

I get what your saying but I can't see GP not opening itself up for parking on Dockers games. They will make a tidy profit each week. What would the eagles have to offer to stop them doing so and making it eagles only?
If it's a form of "corporate partnership" then there may be exclusivity. Like how Toyota would not be allowed to be a major sponsor of another national football comp during its AFL contract. In a two-team town these exclusive deals for one team or the other have a lot of weight.

Still, if WCE approached GP it could even have been a "you'll get all the money from this but we want it exclusively as something our members get over the opposition's members" kind of thing. WCE only or nothing, take it or leave it. Competitive advantage.

Interesting take by an opposition fan? More dreaming than wishing ....

Interesting take by an opposition fan? More dreaming than wishing ....
Who is the opposition fan? In the case of which members benefit from deals at/around Optus Stadium the Crows don't come into the equation.

I don't see why either team WOULDN'T want to make arrangements that benefit their members exclusively.

Who is the opposition fan? In the case of which members benefit from deals at/around Optus Stadium the Crows don't come into the equation.

I don't see why either team WOULDN'T want to make arrangements that benefit their members exclusively.

Because one deal for both clubs might/would probably enable a win/win for both clubs ...

Because one deal for both clubs might/would probably enable a win/win for both clubs ...
But also means one club doesn't get something bettter than the other.
Could go either way, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong, even if you think I am.

Think you’ve vastly overstated in your own mind what the benefits of exclusivity would be.
And I think you've vastly overstated in yours how important it was for you to say that, instead of just letting someone have an opinion you disagree with.

I just don't see what WCE would have to do to get this exclusivity. Lets say they can fit in 1000 cars. That's $185,000 just there. Not to mention bar / food sales pre and post game. What would WCE have to offer GP to make up for the shortfall for being exclusive to WCE members only? There is just no benefit for the club, and while I'm sure WCE likes to look after its members, its not looking after them to that extent.

Only real situation I could see viable was that WCE has had many requests for season parking, while Freo hasn't got the same demand. GP decides WCE members up front $185 selling the place out is of more value than $20 on the day see if it sells out or not... then puts out the offer through the club to make our members feel warm and fuzzy and looked after.

And I think you've vastly overstated in yours how important it was for you to say that, instead of just letting someone have an opinion you disagree with.
Oh no, I see merits to your argument. Just don’t see why West Coast have to carve out such a competitive advantage and why you’re seemingly so passionate about such a minimal advantage in the grand scheme of things.

You sound like someone talking about Economics, yet not knowing the difference between Micro or Macro.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This lighting display looks epic:
View attachment 471685

DYkkDXBVwAMmfYM.jpg:large

Pls explain, exclusive what?
SANFL’s had it in for us since we tried to join the AFL, I know that the SANFL has done stuff to harm Port, however I’m not exactly the best personal ask since I wasn’t really aware of what was going on for the most part.

SANFL’s had it in for us since we tried to join the AFL, I know that the SANFL has done stuff to harm Port, however I’m not exactly the best personal ask since I wasn’t really aware of what was going on for the most part.

Followed Port in my years in Adelaide at the end of the 70s so I have some idea, but surely you can be specific, this isn't Bay13 & its a thread on the Perth Stadium, surely you can be specific.
Alternatively :rolleyes:

WCE are a bunch of bastards !!
pretty soon i have some overseas friends coming to Perth and as part of the "australian experiance" i thought i would take them to a footy match so online i go to ticketmaster to grab tickets to a WCE game ... the exercise for three adults and 2 kids in the alcohol free zone came up to a whopping $283.75 !!! i almost fell off my chair so i looked to the game the next week a freo game choosing exactly the same seats $119.00 .... do the WCE really live in a world wher they think families have a spare $300 for one footy game.... funny enough looking online a Richmond membership (chose them as premiers) to all games home and away for an adult is $315.00

I'm sorry WCE but you are a bunch of money hungry bastards.. your price gouging is putting football out of the reach of not only opposition supporters but even your own supporters .. i hope you have an empty stadium by mid season cause you are bottom four and your fans see what kind of organisation you really are

pretty soon i have some overseas friends coming to Perth and as part of the "australian experiance" i thought i would take them to a footy match so online i go to ticketmaster to grab tickets to a WCE game ... the exercise for three adults and 2 kids in the alcohol free zone came up to a whopping $283.75 !!! i almost fell off my chair so i looked to the game the next week a freo game choosing exactly the same seats $119.00 .... do the WCE really live in a world wher they think families have a spare $300 for one footy game.... funny enough looking online a Richmond membership (chose them as premiers) to all games home and away for an adult is $315.00

I'm sorry WCE but you are a bunch of money hungry bastards.. your price gouging is putting football out of the reach of not only opposition supporters but even your own supporters .. i hope you have an empty stadium by mid season cause you are bottom four and your fans see what kind of organisation you really are
steep - try some different areas perhaps?

steep - try some different areas perhaps?
the only area cheaper than the alcohol free area is the restricted view seets and they are still $66 each ...
this is purely a WCE thing as they set the prices so they obviously dont value the football fans more than they value ticket profits ..

At least you can buy tickets. ticketmaster shows access denied from up here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back