The New Perth Stadium

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RedV3x

Club Legend
Dec 14, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Rubbish, it was sold out constantly.

There was a membership waiting list as well.
Yes, people get confused between sellout and capacity crowd.
There were no really efficient members re-selling programs.

RedV3x

Club Legend
Dec 14, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Me neither but I think you get a lot more people attending at a world class, comfortable stadium than you would at the WACA
That's irrelevant.
The WACA caused an extra $1 billion in taxpayers expenditure. Building at Burswood added an extra $1 billion.
The WACA wanted no part in the super stadium. They didn't want an MCG type arrangement.
IMO cricket should be screwed mercilessly at the new stadium and they have the hypocrisy to ask for WACA funding!

The new stadium is great but I don't care for the convoluted transport arrangements bus or train.
I'm really enjoying being a WAFL member. Just front up, sit anywhere and everything is cheap.
WAFL football is much more entertaining because it hasn't the congestion of AFL and is a vibrant alternative.

Billy ray

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 10, 2013
The Valley near the Alley
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Why couldnt they sell those ... apathy, too hard, arent excuses Mr Manager.
Prob depends how they sell them. Are they a part of afl travel where tickets flights and accom all included? Do people use that service or buy their own flights and air bnb or trivago and hence just buy tickets out of some other allocation?!?

Kwality

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 14, 2011
Tootgarook
AFL Club
West Coast
Prob depends how they sell them. Are they a part of afl travel where tickets flights and accom all included? Do people use that service or buy their own flights and air bnb or trivago and hence just buy tickets out of some other allocation?!?
& they not know 24, 36, 48 hours out ... dont have to sell them all, keep 50 (?) up their sleeve, but offer them as walk ups after say 12 on match day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rob

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 8, 2000
South of the river
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Peel Thunder
I read somewhere that last year on average only 100 out of the 1000 seats put aside for tourism packages were sold
Not surprised. Who buys tickets through a package anyway? You get it through your club so you sit with your own supporters.

Kwality

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 14, 2011
Tootgarook
AFL Club
West Coast
I don't know what you mean.
General Admission seats are provided, the numbers would be known, why are they not published is my question. The general impression is they are sold out, are they?
I'd hope the numbers are on someones desk on Monday already.

Same applies across all the seating ... e.g how many visiting club seats are sold, I'd like to see WA based members of the visiting clubs catered for, maybe they are. Add a bit of value for membership of the interstate club, paid for not gratis.

Last edited:

Rob

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 8, 2000
South of the river
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Peel Thunder
General Admission seats are provided, the numbers would be known, why are they not published is my question. The general impression is they are sold out, are they?
I'd hope the numbers are on someones desk on Monday already.
Why on earth would they be published?

Look on ticketmaster and find out for yourself an hour before the game.

Kwality

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 14, 2011
Tootgarook
AFL Club
West Coast
Why on earth would they be published?

Look on ticketmaster and find out for yourself an hour before the game.
Could be a good management practice & therein lies my suggestion. Not idle curiousity as you seem to suggest, know about it, act on it.

Kwality

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 14, 2011
Tootgarook
AFL Club
West Coast
Not really.
You can walk straight in to virtually any NRL show.
Only the AFL has the problem with capacity cowds.
Its about vacant seating when events are sold out. If you want it to be just the AFL, make your own arrangements.

RedV3x

Club Legend
Dec 14, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle

Kwality

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 14, 2011
Tootgarook
AFL Club
West Coast
Yes and it's only the AFL that has to worry about sellouts not the NRL.

It's not a question of "want", it's fact, only the AFL has to worry about sellouts.

Isn't that what we're talking about when the AFL has sellouts?
You raised the NRL, up to tricky stuff again, no thanks you've got form.

budge27

Team Captain
Aug 16, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Redskins, Northwestern, Dodgers
WA is NEVER that cold ... wet sure, but never that cold.
It’s WA - when it’s less than 15deg then you must be in Antarctica...
Spoke to a couple of Eagles supporters and they left at half time last week cause it was too cold!

Kwality

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 14, 2011
Tootgarook
AFL Club
West Coast
Top Bottom