Perth Stadium (Optus Stadium)

RedV3x

It's about time some mods started being fair
Dec 14, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Me neither but I think you get a lot more people attending at a world class, comfortable stadium than you would at the WACA

That's irrelevant.
The WACA caused an extra $1 billion in taxpayers expenditure. Building at Burswood added an extra $1 billion.
The WACA wanted no part in the super stadium. They didn't want an MCG type arrangement.
IMO cricket should be screwed mercilessly at the new stadium and they have the hypocrisy to ask for WACA funding!

The new stadium is great but I don't care for the convoluted transport arrangements bus or train.
I'm really enjoying being a WAFL member. Just front up, sit anywhere and everything is cheap.
WAFL football is much more entertaining because it hasn't the congestion of AFL and is a vibrant alternative.

Nov 10, 2013
The Valley near the Alley
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Hell no
Why couldnt they sell those ... apathy, too hard, arent excuses Mr Manager.
Prob depends how they sell them. Are they a part of afl travel where tickets flights and accom all included? Do people use that service or buy their own flights and air bnb or trivago and hence just buy tickets out of some other allocation?!?

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
Prob depends how they sell them. Are they a part of afl travel where tickets flights and accom all included? Do people use that service or buy their own flights and air bnb or trivago and hence just buy tickets out of some other allocation?!?

& they not know 24, 36, 48 hours out ... dont have to sell them all, keep 50 (?) up their sleeve, but offer them as walk ups after say 12 on match day.

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
I don't know what you mean.

General Admission seats are provided, the numbers would be known, why are they not published is my question. The general impression is they are sold out, are they?
I'd hope the numbers are on someones desk on Monday already.

Same applies across all the seating ... e.g how many visiting club seats are sold, I'd like to see WA based members of the visiting clubs catered for, maybe they are. Add a bit of value for membership of the interstate club, paid for not gratis.

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2000
South of the river
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Peel Thunder
General Admission seats are provided, the numbers would be known, why are they not published is my question. The general impression is they are sold out, are they?
I'd hope the numbers are on someones desk on Monday already.

Why on earth would they be published?

Look on ticketmaster and find out for yourself an hour before the game.

RedV3x

Dec 14, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
Yes and it's only the AFL that has to worry about sellouts not the NRL.

It's not a question of "want", it's fact, only the AFL has to worry about sellouts.

Isn't that what we're talking about when the AFL has sellouts?

You raised the NRL, up to tricky stuff again, no thanks you've got form.

RedV3x

Dec 14, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
You raised the NRL, up to tricky stuff again, no thanks you've got form.

No. you have a poor memory, remember this.

reselling is a problem for Aus sport more generally.

I disagreed and replied . Only the AFL has an issue with big attendances, sellouts, lockouts and re-selling.

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
The stadium management have hit a winner with the day/night Test.
https://thewest.com.au/sport/cricke...t-new-zealand-at-optus-stadium-ng-b881159827z

The surprise development is understood to have the approval of broadcasters Channel 7 and Fox Sports, encouraged by strong late-night TV ratings for Big Bash League games in WA this summer.
The Perth Test will be the first of a three-match series against the Kiwis.

Back