Discussion The Random Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So that’s my ex-boss, (creative director) Brian Searle-Tripp on the right.
Was looking to find a pic on Table mountain but don’t seem to have one.

View attachment 1254411
Maybe it’s the industries I’ve found myself in or maybe it’s because HR rules the world now but there’s not even a hint of that anymore. The last time we got up to scallywag behavior was in the army 20 years back.
I miss those times sometimes lol

You need to watch it in the right mind frame.
Me and my ( older ) teenage boys loved it.

I've saved it but never seem to find the right time to chuck it on.

I've never watched Mad Men. I bought the box set of DVDs and have never opened them. I should give it a go. I'm never quite in the mood.
So rich he buys stuff just to talk about it now.

Maybe it’s the industries I’ve found myself in or maybe it’s because HR rules the world now but there’s not even a hint of that anymore. The last time we got up to scallywag behavior was in the army 20 years back.
I miss those times sometimes lol

Oh, it was a while ago. And believe me they’d be skating on thin ice for all sexism and sexual innuendo etc in those days. Things are so much more boring in the days of PC. 😃

Creative people could make a fortune back then in advertising.
TBH I find most of today’s ads pretty boring and some cringeworthy. Nothing actually jumps out at me as a brilliant ad campaign right now.
Always enjoy watching the International Advertising Awards in Cannes.

TBH I find most of today’s ads pretty boring and some cringeworthy. Nothing actually jumps out at me as a brilliant ad campaign right now.
Always enjoy watching the International Advertising Awards in Cannes.

Gruen Transfer is pretty good too. The old ads were definitely more creative. Everything is controlled by head office these days and companies have very limiting briefs. Like trying to dance in a straight jacket.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remember when space travel was going to be about exploring new frontiers, now it's a way for billionaires to waste money for 10 minutes going slightly above where aircraft can travel in a giant dildo. The even get to bring a mascot along.
Yes seems absurd but its just a stepping stone to way better and bigger things...these guys are just assisting in funding the ultimate requirement of mankinds instinct...whatever else happens we will attempt to reach further than our grasp...despite all the chaos , all the corruption , all the environmental problems etc etc...........you cxan argue about the ethics of it all but I believe its part of the essence of who and what we are! As much as I have a great deal of contempt for billionaires and the like I have to admit an uneasy affection for Elon MUSK..........SHATTNER'S effort is just light entertainment that meets and ends! I find a massive difference between say MUSK and BEZOS....even though it is his use of SHATTNER that I highlight....I find BEZOS as would be expected of a billioinaire! Pretty Grubby!

Last edited:
242134381_563508501653865_7347706487179324818_n.jpg 242080586_185204980392055_3173914293218177536_n.jpg

After listening to Russell BRAND (whom i always find refreshing and interesting), bang on about this woman and her opinions on the World is being ****ed on a multitude of levels by an incredibly powerful few, I decided to buy the book BRAND suggested which she wrote and read it as thoroughly as possible. I was uplifted in the sense that she confirmed what intuitively I already felt and informed me of much more.

There was so much of what she deals with that points undeniably toward the need for us to embrace a different paradigm. Anyway...its something deeply imbued within my personal view on the world.....not necessary to discuss here....well why would you want to? Anyway for anyone who is open!!! ...I found it hard to remove the book from within reach at my bedside...even after I had finished it ...I constantly want it there just to draw on as needed.

View attachment 1255209View attachment 1255210

After listening to Russell BRAND (whom i always find refreshing and interesting), bang on about this woman and her opinions on the World is being f’ed on a multitude of levels by an incredibly powerful few, I decided to buy the book BRAND suggested which she wrote and read it as thoroughly as possible. I was uplifted in the sense that she confirmed what intuitively I already felt and informed me of much more.

There was so much of what she deals with that points undeniably toward the need for us to embrace a different paradigm. Anyway...its something deeply imbued within my personal view on the world.....not necessary to discuss here....well why would you want to? Anyway for anyone who is open!!! ...I found it hard to remove the book from within reach at my bedside...even after I had finished it ...I constantly want it there just to draw on as needed.
He is doing great things for many people, has helped changed my life. Vandana Shiva is an incredible woman and that book is fantastic.

Yes seems absurd but its just a stepping stone to way better and bigger things...these guys are just assisting in funding the ultimate requirement of mankinds instinct...whatever else happens we will attempt to reach further than our grasp...despite all the chaos , all the corruption , all the environmental problems etc etc...........you cxan argue about the ethics of it all but I believe its part of the essence of who and what we are! As much as I have a great deal of contempt for billionaires and the like I have to admit an uneasy affection for Elon MUSK..........SHATTNER'S effort is just light entertainment that meets and ends! I find a massive difference between say MUSK and BEZOS....even though it is his use of SHATTNER that I highlight....I find BEZOS as would be expected of a billioinaire! Pretty Grubby!

Elon Musk has 201 Billion , mostly due to collecting a few dollars on every online transaction.

He earns billions from his shares in Tesla. He has made more money from Tesla shares than Tesla has made.
He's very good at creating a vision and convincing others to pay for that vision.

He did put 100 million of his own money into Spacex.

Elon Musk has 201 Billion , mostly due to collecting a few dollars on every online transaction.

He earns billions from his shares in Tesla. He has made more money from Tesla shares than Tesla has made.
He's very good at creating a vision and convincing others to pay for that vision.

He did put 100 million of his own money into Spacex.
He’s worth 201 billion. He doesn’t have 201 billion. There’s a big difference there and it’s something many don’t understand.

So what’s been happening

Did you watch Vikings , im just getting into it , Love it
Banshee was another series that didn't last long but was good while it lasted
yeah Vikings was good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back