Discussion The Random Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm alright, George, thanks. Missed the end of the AFL season, as I had a lot to deal with.

Next year for The Saints - that old phrase!
I will say one thing - thanks for taking a point today :thumbsu:

I know realestate.com.au have an international version that lists properties, I had the help of my family with some estate agents over there directly though. Couldn't believe how much some of the apartments in the city were. My mate bought a newly built apartment in Georgia (the country) during lockdown last year. Holiday homes overseas I reckon are great ideas. Especially somewhere like Europe where you can hop around pretty quick.

Our prices are completely nuts.

Australians look wealthy on paper, but its all absorbed by rent or mortgage.
Used to be that the European housing was exorbitant but i think we've eclipsed them.

You'd think that we have plenty of land.

Hello old friends on the other side of the world. I haven't posted in quite a while. In truth 2021 has been a very tough year and I've had several bereavements to deal with. Hope you're well and looking forward to the 2022 season. Wishing you all a very merry Christmas from Pomland.

That's no goof MUF, sorry for your loss. We're glad you're back though. Merry Christmas from Aussieland too.

Hello old friends on the other side of the world. I haven't posted in quite a while. In truth 2021 has been a very tough year and I've had several bereavements to deal with. Hope you're well and looking forward to the 2022 season. Wishing you all a very merry Christmas from Pomland.

Good to have you back! Sorry to hear about your losses. I hope you’re doing well otherwise.

RIP

71f5d3e17645e5c8568ceddbd2500368.jpg

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Beatles "Get Back" on Disney is just, wow......if you are interested.

Watched a fair bit of the first part so far.
It'd be pretty dry going for anyone who wasn't a fan, but kind of amazing when you are one.

The actual album "Let it Be" was a shambles and you can see why in the series.

Phil Spector has been bagged out a lot ,but to his credit he took loads of raw crap and turned it into a professional LP.

Watched a fair bit of the first part so far.
It'd be pretty dry going for anyone who wasn't a fan, but kind of amazing when you are one.

The actual album "Let it Be" was a shambles and you can see why in the series.

Phil Spector has been bagged out a lot ,but to his credit he took loads of raw crap and turned it into a professional LP.
They actually get their s**t together after a few weeks, especially after Billy Preston comes on board. Part 2 & 3 show this.
Six hours is a long watch but for me, definitely worth it. Macca is a bit of a micro manager but he knows his stuff. Also for
the most part it does come across that they are mates and like hanging out together. Still don't know why Yoko is there all the time.

Also if you have Stan - "NITRAM" is a difficult watch but excellent and thought provoking. If you don't know about it,
it's based on events leading up to Port Arthur.

I forgot about this movie, barely anyone is talking about it. I want to watch it, so thanks for the reminder.

It’s made by the guy who did Snowtown, right? That was the only movie that left me stunned when the credits were rolling.
Looking up about those events made me realize that the movie itself was far more sanitized than what actually happened. Terrible stuff. Great movie, but I don’t know if I’ll ever watch it again.

They actually get their sh*t together after a few weeks, especially after Billy Preston comes on board. Part 2 & 3 show this.
Six hours is a long watch but for me, definitely worth it. Macca is a bit of a micro manager but he knows his stuff. Also for
the most part it does come across that they are mates and like hanging out together. Still don't know why Yoko is there all the time.

I haven't seen all the part 1 yet, so some of your stuff might be spoilers, but i do have a fair idea about what went on from the history i've read of it.
But i think Yoko and John basically wanted to be together all the time. ( My son has a gf a bit like that, its kind of annoying ). To her credit i didn't see Yoko being disruptive or annoying at all.

Paul knew what wasn't happening and had to happen but, because they were "mates" probably didn't have the authority to pull the others into line. Obviously not a problem for him when he went on to churn out Wings hits. You could see him trying to be diplomatic in his approach the whole time.
John was contributing , but not really driving things i felt.
What was really intriguing was the way they put the songs together. Paul in particular was very open in the way he sat down with an idea and evolved it with the band around him.

From what i saw they really needed a strong producer to move them forward in a cohesive way. Which is pretty much what happened when they recorded Abbey Road.

I forgot about this movie, barely anyone is talking about it. I want to watch it, so thanks for the reminder.

It’s made by the guy who did Snowtown, right? That was the only movie that left me stunned when the credits were rolling.
Looking up about those events made me realize that the movie itself was far more sanitized than what actually happened. Terrible stuff. Great movie, but I don’t know if I’ll ever watch it again.
Yeah, same director. This is an interesting movie and without spoiling it goes into the background of the perpetrator and trys to explain
how the unexplainable happened. It left me pretty stunned. Also in the credits it says there are now more guns in Australia since before
Howard's gun buy-back scheme. A worry, especially with some of the right wing nutjobs getting around and emboldened these days.

Snowtown was horrible, but you can't look away.

I haven't seen all the part 1 yet, so some of your stuff might be spoilers, but i do have a fair idea about what went on from the history i've read of it.
But i think Yoko and John basically wanted to be together all the time. ( My son has a gf a bit like that, its kind of annoying ). To her credit i didn't see Yoko being disruptive or annoying at all.

Paul knew what wasn't happening and had to happen but, because they were "mates" probably didn't have the authority to pull the others into line. Obviously not a problem for him when he went on to churn out Wings hits. You could see him trying to be diplomatic in his approach the whole time.
John was contributing , but not really driving things i felt.
What was really intriguing was the way they put the songs together. Paul in particular was very open in the way he sat down with an idea and evolved it with the band around him.

From what i saw they really needed a strong producer to move them forward in a cohesive way. Which is pretty much what happened when they recorded Abbey Road.
"What was really intriguing was the way they put the songs together. Paul in particular was very open in the way he sat down with an idea and evolved it with the band around him."
Agree, I found this fascinating. Like being a fly on the wall.

Yeah, same director. This is an interesting movie and without spoiling it goes into the background of the perpetrator and trys to explain
how the unexplainable happened. It left me pretty stunned. Also in the credits it says there are now more guns in Australia since before
Howard's gun buy-back scheme. A worry, especially with some of the right wing nutjobs getting around and emboldened these days.

I've read about they guy, he was a serious wack job.

So, lost power with storming, thought for a second the carport roof was going to collapse as it was kind of leaking water; everywhere, though every single crevice it could possibly find and at the end, all I got, was a potentially blown fuse out of it.

At least I know now, if I ever need to get out of work in the short interim, all I need to do is a flick a switch and trip my safety switch.

So, lost power with storming, thought for a second the carport roof was going to collapse as it was kind of leaking water; everywhere, though every single crevice it could possibly find and at the end, all I got, was a potentially blown fuse out of it.

At least I know now, if I ever need to get out of work in the short interim, all I need to do is a flick a switch and trip my safety switch.

I've been in Gippland for a couple of days, drove back tonight and didn't see a drop of rain. On the radio it sounded like a tropical cyclone was happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back