Discussion The Random Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly I have no one else to tell this early in the morning and none of my family read this site but dad passed away just 30 minutes ago. Now all the good stuff like telling my mum sisters and grand children. Love you Jonny boy. Maybe the saints can honour your life with a finals spot. You bloody owe me dad making me follow this club. You are one true saint. Looks like a big drink tonight

Can’t sleep now. Might watch plugger verses the swans in 1995.

Sorry to hear that Plugger, hopefully the club can try to make 2022 end a lot better than it started for you. My condolences to you and your family. Stay safe and get around each other.

Sadly I have no one else to tell this early in the morning and none of my family read this site but dad passed away just 30 minutes ago. Now all the good stuff like telling my mum sisters and grand children. Love you Jonny boy. Maybe the saints can honour your life with a finals spot. You bloody owe me dad making me follow this club. You are one true saint. Looks like a big drink tonight

Terrible to hear, hope the logistics get done smoothly, I hate that part.

Condolences plugger, speaking on experience I would suggest you allow yourself to grieve, give yourself time to properly do that. All I can say is time does slowly make things more bearable. If you got the opportunity to say goodbye that is really important and you may not think so in this moment but it really will help you. I never got that opportunity and it was much harder for me. Try and find a way to connect with him beyond the physical, if there's music he liked or interests he had try and get involved in those, you will feel a sense of connection to him and it will also help.

If you would like me to speak to Matt and the club about something we could do for your family or yourself, perhaps at a game sometime this year, please PM me. Probably the least I can do over the net.

Condolences plugger, speaking on experience I would suggest you allow yourself to grieve, give yourself time to properly do that. All I can say is time does slowly make things more bearable. If you got the opportunity to say goodbye that is really important and you may not think so in this moment but it really will help you. I never got that opportunity and it was much harder for me. Try and find a way to connect with him beyond the physical, if there's music he liked or interests he had try and get involved in those, you will feel a sense of connection to him and it will also help.

If you would like me to speak to Matt and the club about something we could do for your family or yourself, perhaps at a game sometime this year, please PM me. Probably the least I can do over the net.
Thanks mate. Much appreciated but we don’t need theclub to do anything. There are many supporters who deserve stuff ahead of dad. And I’m going to listen to frank Sinatra all day whilst watching plugger at his best. Favourite singer and player

Thanks mate. Much appreciated but we don’t need theclub to do anything. There are many supporters who deserve stuff ahead of dad. And I’m going to listen to frank Sinatra all day whilst watching plugger at his best. Favourite singer and player
Well if you ever change your mind just reach out, more than happy to at least get the word out to them. We did similar with Neill who recently passed away but was a poster here, he and his family were put in the medallion club and had change room access for a game. It's not much but it was nice.

Good idea for today. If you're having a drink then perhaps drink what he liked. If it's VB then it's just too easy haha. I do the same thing, every anniversary of his passing I grab a case of his favourite (VB) and put the Rolling Stones on all day. It will do you good mate. It really is a great way to connect with him.

Sorry for your loss Plugger.

That was straight after the threesome. By the way covid is f’ed. My dad and mum both got it and dad is going to die in the next day or two because of it but after 63 years of marriage mum can’t say bye because she has it. It’s so friggin sad. If you don’t believe in it I suggest you are just wrong.

That is really sad news P66. I am sorry for your parents and your whole family.

Have known three people who have passed with the virus of unknown origin. Nobody close so it is pretty hard when the person is a loved one.

Take care mate.

Last edited:

Very sorry to hear of your loss, condolences to you and your family. Look after yourself, remember the good times and take some time to grieve after the logistics of the funeral etc are over.

Thoughts are with you mate, your posts recently have created perspective.

You do not 'take things to personally' you post with your heart on your sleeve and that is fine.

Make sure you, are ok, get yourself busy, keep posting if you need to.

You do not 'take things to personally' you post with your heart on your sleeve and that is fine.
I believe he does but that's okay, thankfully it was hashed out and kudos to plugger for seeing it from a different POV. I understand the reaction given the emotion involved but perspective is still good - amongst the tragedy of the situation it helps to know that nobody is after him :thumbsu:

I believe he does but that's okay, thankfully it was hashed out and kudos to plugger for seeing it from a different POV. I understand the reaction given the emotion involved but perspective is still good - amongst the tragedy of the situation it helps to know that nobody is after him :thumbsu:

In context don't think it matters what you or I think.

Yes it is good to see from others points of view, ours sometimes do not matter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So sorry to read this today, Plugger.
Condolences to you and all your family.

Puts into perspective the cold 'death,' numbers trotted out every day.

Every one is a mum, or dad, brother or sister, husband or wife, lover, partner, friend .
There is human tragedy to the deaths.
Well said, it's something I'm guilty of forgetting. My father wouldn't survive it if he caught it, and he doesn't want the needles. Spends too much time on Facebook.
Less deaths today than yesterday, that's still 30 families losing someone close to them. It's awful.

Condolences for your loss mate

About to head to the airport here in Scotland to start my long journey home. Been over two years. This is the 6th or 7th try. Had Covid three weeks ago, so that was another delay. All good now though.

Going to Sydney to see my 88 year old Mum. A trip to Melbourne definitely at some point. Can't make up my mind if it's the pre-season game v Essendon or Round 1 v Collingwood.

Anyway, longest I have been away from my homeland. Can't wait. Triple vaxxed, and have 'Covid Recovery' on my NHS App. All good. Getting excited about 2022.

Condolences Plugger. Keep well.

About to head to the airport here in Scotland to start my long journey home. Been over two years. This is the 6th or 7th try. Had Covid three weeks ago, so that was another delay. All good now though.

Going to Sydney to see my 88 year old Mum. A trip to Melbourne definitely at some point. Can't make up my mind if it's the pre-season game v Essendon or Round 1 v Collingwood.

Anyway, longest I have been away from my homeland. Can't wait. Triple vaxxed, and have 'Covid Recovery' on my NHS App. All good. Getting excited about 2022.
Safe travels, go Saints!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back